Is this how to fight fake news?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Finland has been fighting, often successfully, the influence of fake news and foreign propaganda online. CNN has a good report on how they have been doing this. A blueprint for others? Maybe. It would be hard to implement in a free speech obsessed place like the US but in many other Western democracies, it could work. Thoughts welcome.

This is exactly it. We need to teach critical thinking skills, and it starts with exaples of critical thinking. Looking for social media profiles that are hidden, use stock photos, are poor translations, etc. are all good ideas. Unattributed info is another.

The problem with teaching critical thinking skills is they erode religious faith. Think of the people here most taken in by propaganda and conspiracy theories - they are poster children for lack of observable critical thinking skills, and unchecked religious faith.

Religions will not put up with teaching critical thinking. The UCCan will, to their detriment. Other churches will understand how threatening it would be to add critical thinking to the public school curriculum. They would fight this.

Last edited:
In a world where fear in advertising is a huge concern to separate their cognizance from intelligence ... one has to dig deep into the available information.

It is a chittei bang-up job ... when most fall in line with the stinking bulls and canaan ... if only to lose their heads to tyranny!

The only response to such things is to play the silly game ... if the standard is ignorant naivete ... act like your right in the fascists game act stupid and they'll quite likely fall into you line of questioning!

Expect to be like the Hebrew "nin" a grace of the ineffable Hebrew God of ideals ... not seen lately in the modern world of fabulous fabricated truths of questionable nature. Even the bible says to question everything ... imagine that!

How could that be in a book taken to support sacred wisdom ... unknown itemology ... etiology? Bugs tuff ... like the great Egyptian bean meant to soften stools ... Caro*bean?

Accept it we like in a chaos of crap shoots ... smelly missals? They might be metaphors ... may not ...

In a month-and-a-half, your response to the Finnish method of debunking misinformation is to point out the Finnish suicide rate is 0.0063% higher than Canada's?

By Wikipedia, Finland is #32 on the list.

I don't know why Finland has a rather high suicide rate. Perhaps the lack of sunlight has an effect on people. Could be drinking habits. But making a connection between suicide rate and debunking misinformation is a terrible attempt at distraction.

Have another go if you want.

I don't know why Finland has a rather high suicide rate. Perhaps the lack of sunlight has an effect on people. Could be drinking habits.
The drinking habits could also be caused by the lack of sunlight.
Or the fact that finnish women are stronger than men.

It was in a Michener novel where a character makes the observation that in hot countries, you kill someone else; in cold countries, you kill yourself. If you look at the two - suicide and homicide - there does seem to be a loose correlation.

This is exactly it. We need to teach critical thinking skills, and it starts with exaples of critical thinking.

Teaching critical thinking is more important than ever. We seem to be living in a world where opinions seem to carry the same weight as expert knowledge and education on just about any subject.

You can give me your opinion on a movie - but, hey, when it comes to subjects like man-made climate change, I want to read and hear from those that have education and knowledge in these specific subjects.

I only have anecdotal evidence on most science subjects - but I have enough critical thinking ability to accept that, due to my lack of knowledge, it makes sense to respect those that do have the education and knowledge.

When it comes to faith, I think that doubt should play its part. Otherwise it's not your faith, just a blind acceptance to another's dogma.

Then there are critical Pix ... 'elle on the Luce! Such was the dark dream lady appearing in my psyche state as conscience ... technoflop?

Nutbean Syndrome says there are 3 levels of health literacy ... the last being analytical ... the terminal term?

It is critical thinking to ask what the clip is about before watching it.
I would not recommend watching it ... torturing monkeys ... for 'science'.

I made myself watch it. I cried.

How could I think about it critically if I would not watch it?

I suppose I could have just called it for a 'Fake' on someone else's authority so I would never have to think about it at all.

So I watched ... and began connecting the dots to better educating our selves and our children around such hot fake news topics as ... mandatory measles vaccinations vs informed consent.

So I thought ... what if before we lined our kids up for vaccines and such ... we showed them these types of torturing animal experiments ... then maybe we could have some vaccine damaged kids come in and do a talk about their life after their vaccines ... then maybe show some virus outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations like china where no matter how many vaccines they get they still have really bad epidemics ... then we could show them vaccine laboratories and all the toxic waste that surrounds their production ... then we could show them actual footage of unvaccinated children riding out an uncomplicated case of the measles in the luxury of their 'middle class homes' where their own Moms or Dads could afford to stay home with them for as long as it took for those children to recover from having just built up a natural life time immunity to measles for themselves.

After connecting all those dots in a critical thinking kind of exercising way offer up the 'your body your choice' and let them choose.

Will they upon review of what they have learned give their informed consent ... and get that measles vaccine as fast as they can or not ... assured that there will be no judgement either way ... but keeping in mind if you take the vaccine ... it does not guarantee that you will not get the measles or that you will never have to get another measles shot - but you will be able to stay in school - even if you are contagious. Also keep in mind that if you don't get the vaccine you may have to stay home from school - even if you don't have the measles (so that you don't make the kids that do have the vaccines sick) - and if you do get the measles you will also stay home from school until you are no longer contagious and you may be sick for a few days ... but 99.99% of the time here in our nicely gated Canadian community you will get over it without any lasting effects being that you have access to good health care in a clean house with clean water and good nutritious food and of course excellent internet access. And because we are all fortunate enough to be allowed to take a few days off with a slight amount of discomfort would it not be better for the 'herd' in the long run that we would unselfishly do our part to carry forward the possibility of natural immunity for future generations ... just in case this vaccine experiment does someday prove to be failing ... after the long run. Like smoking and pesticides and such ... but that will wait for the bacteria critical thought exercise ... you are going to enjoy those factory farms and the kill floors and the packaging and processing plants. If you thought torturing animals for vaccines was bad just wait till you see how we treat our meat and vegetables before they get onto our disposable plates.

That's my understanding of critical thinking - can I justify the means to the end? Can I justify it to the children and the animals and the rivers and the air and the earth and the trees. Can I justify not taking the time to care for a child with a virus with all the technology available to almost guarantee that the virus with proper attention to sanitary conditions and proper nutrition and proper containment and access to proper facilities in the event of highly unlikely complications. Having given it as much critical thought and consideration as I have ... I am 100% convicted that we are over confident without justification in mandating vaccination to the degree that we are.

Ironically I was not against vaccines before I came to this forum ... and here I began my critical thought processing of informed consent.

Now that I have experienced what it is like to come up against the 'herd' mentality ... I would rather die than endorse inhumane treatment on animals to research experimental vaccinations that are then to be forcibly administered to healthy innocent children while their parents are literally forced to hold them down for the 'jab after jab after jab' in lieu of having them seized by the state should they refuse their consent .

And if the children do become vaccine harmed ... to add insult to injury ... the financial burden of caring for them will become the parents liability because that is the only condition that the vaccine CEOs will agree to mass produce unsafe vaccines - they must not be liable ... and the doctor's - they must not be liable ... and don't go to the rest of the 'herd' for help because they need you to disappear with no 'hearing' of those kind of 'crazy conspiracy critically bunky thoughts'.

Educated people can weigh their own conscience and make the best decision for themselves and their families ... but they cannot give informed consent if they have never given it one iota of critical thought or justified all the means to the ends that they aspire to.

So with a special thanks to Chansen ... Being that I would have never critically thought my own way through as much information as I could in an attempt to find proof against his religiously arrogant condescending virulent mocking contemptuous dismissal of whatever I found. It seems to be agreed upon by the majority of his herd that there was no need for him to ever read a word of it .... just give it the old Chansen heave ho stamp of disapproval on the basis of 'I don't have to read it because I get to play this game with a stacked deck of 'debunk' cards that are already accepted by this hear hear herd as 'legal tender tokens of critical thought' that we all agree upon - unconditional - no need to think about it ever again. Snap!

And now after much of my very own critical thought ... I for one and all ... walk away from this fixed fable table ... all the wiser ... with a few new aces up my sleeve ... and a highly raised conscience. I'll call that a Win.

Last edited:
I would not recommend watching it ... torturing monkeys ... for 'science'.

I made myself watch it. I cried.

How could I think about it critically if I would not watch it?

I suppose I could have just called it for a 'Fake' on someone else's authority so I would never have to think about it at all.

So I watched ... and began connecting the dots to better educating our selves and our children around such hot fake news topics as ... mandatory measles vaccinations vs informed consent.

So I thought ... what if before we lined our kids up for vaccines and such ... we showed them these types of torturing animal experiments ... then maybe we could have some vaccine damaged kids come in and do a talk about their life after their vaccines ... then maybe show some virus outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations like china where no matter how many vaccines they get they still have really bad epidemics ... then we could show them vaccine laboratories and all the toxic waste that surrounds their production ... then we could show them actual footage of unvaccinated children riding out an uncomplicated case of the measles in the luxury of their 'middle class homes' where their own Moms or Dads could afford to stay home with them for as long as it took for those children to recover from having just built up a natural life time immunity to measles for themselves.

After connecting all those dots in a critical thinking kind of exercising way offer up the 'your body your choice' and let them choose.

Will they upon review of what they have learned give their informed consent ... and get that measles vaccine as fast as they can or not ... assured that there will be no judgement either way ... but keeping in mind if you take the vaccine ... it does not guarantee that you will not get the measles or that you will never have to get another measles shot - but you will be able to stay in school - even if you are contagious. Also keep in mind that if you don't get the vaccine you may have to stay home from school - even if you don't have the measles (so that you don't make the kids that do have the vaccines sick) - and if you do get the measles you will also stay home from school until you are no longer contagious and you may be sick for a few days ... but 99.99% of the time here in our nicely gated Canadian community you will get over it without any lasting effects being that you have access to good health care in a clean house with clean water and good nutritious food and of course excellent internet access. And because we are all fortunate enough to be allowed to take a few days off with a slight amount of discomfort would it not be better for the 'herd' in the long run that we would unselfishly do our part to carry forward the possibility of natural immunity for future generations ... just in case this vaccine experiment does someday prove to be failing ... after the long run. Like smoking and pesticides and such ... but that will wait for the bacteria critical thought exercise ... you are going to enjoy those factory farms and the kill floors and the packaging and processing plants. If you thought torturing animals for vaccines was bad just wait till you see how we treat our meat and vegetables before they get onto our disposable plates.

That's my understanding of critical thinking - can I justify the means to the end? Can I justify it to the children and the animals and the rivers and the air and the earth and the trees. Can I justify not taking the time to care for a child with a virus with all the technology available to almost guarantee that the virus with proper attention to sanitary conditions and proper nutrition and proper containment and access to proper facilities in the event of highly unlikely complications. Having given it as much critical thought and consideration as I have ... I am 100% convicted that we are over confident without justification in mandating vaccination to the degree that we are.

Ironically I was not against vaccines before I came to this forum ... and here I began my critical thought processing of informed consent.

Now that I have experienced what it is like to come up against the 'herd' mentality ... I would rather die than endorse inhumane treatment on animals to research experimental vaccinations that are then to be forcibly administered to healthy innocent children while their parents are literally forced to hold them down for the 'jab after jab after jab' in lieu of having them seized by the state should they refuse their consent .

And if the children do become vaccine harmed ... to add insult to injury ... the financial burden of caring for them will become the parents liability because that is the only condition that the vaccine CEOs will agree to mass produce unsafe vaccines - they must not be liable ... and the doctor's - they must not be liable ... and don't go to the rest of the 'herd' for help because they need you to disappear with no 'hearing' of those kind of 'crazy conspiracy critically bunky thoughts'.

Educated people can weigh their own conscience and make the best decision for themselves and their families ... but they cannot give informed consent if they have never given it one iota of critical thought or justified all the means to the ends that they aspire to.

So with a special thanks to Chansen ... Being that I would have never critically thought my own way through as much information as I could in an attempt to find proof against his religiously arrogant condescending virulent mocking contemptuous dismissal of whatever I found. It seems to be agreed upon by the majority of his herd that there was no need for him to ever read a word of it .... just give it the old Chansen heave ho stamp of disapproval on the basis of 'I don't have to read it because I get to play this game with a stacked deck of 'debunk' cards that are already accepted by this hear hear herd as 'legal tender tokens of critical thought' that we all agree upon - unconditional - no need to think about it ever again. Snap!

And now after much of my very own critical thought ... I for one and all ... walk away from this fixed fable table ... all the wiser ... with a few new aces up my sleeve ... and a highly raised conscience. I'll call that a Win.
There is a problem though as far as measles vaccines, you and I are older....it's no longer our choice to vaccinate our children or others children......they will make their own choice and hopefully they will do their research thoroughly.

There is a problem though as far as measles vaccines, you and I are older....it's no longer our choice to vaccinate our children or others children......they will make their own choice and hopefully they will do their research thoroughly.

When my daughter could afford to be a stay at home Mom she voluntarily researched all such dilemmas and played a significant part in rescuing and revitalizing the lives of more than a few 'throw away dogs' while at the same time consciously making environmentally friendly organically sound fair trade let thy medicine be thy food highly conscious consumer choices. But then when she was circumstantially forced to 'earn a decent living' ... those luxurious options had to fall by the way side of convenience first at all costs - she quickly became unhealthy unhappy depressed and stressed and certainly could not spare the time to think things through and made many hasty decisions as a result ...

Strangely enough she is in that state considered 'highly functional' and 'managerial' as relayed to her work and parenting ethics.

She is finding her way back to a balanced lifestyle - thanks be - she places priority once again on living healthy - exercise - no fast food - no 'medicine' that is counter intuitive to what really ails her ... and she is becoming once again a mindful minimalist ... if one will do ... don't buy two ... and if you can ... buy second hand instead of buying new.

Amazing how her outlook towards a better future has been reinvigorated. Healthy living ... does wonders ... she sleeps well at night ... has energy during the day and demonstrates far fewer symptoms of her 'chronic' dis-eases.

An ounce of prevention is worth significantly more than a pound of symptom masking 'cure'?

Last edited:
When my daughter could afford to be a stay at home Mom she voluntarily researched all such dilemmas and played a significant part in rescuing and revitalizing the lives of more than a few 'throw away dogs' while at the same time consciously making environmentally friendly organically sound fair trade let thy medicine be thy food highly conscious consumer choices. But then when she was circumstantially forced to 'earn a decent living' ... those luxurious options had to fall by the way side of convenience first at all costs - she quickly became unhealthy unhappy depressed and stressed and certainly could not spare the time to think things through and made many hasty decisions as a result ...

Strangely enough she is in that state considered 'highly functional' and 'managerial' as relayed to her work and parenting ethics.

She is finding her way back to a balanced lifestyle - thanks be - she places priority once again on living healthy - exercise - no fast food - no 'medicine' that is counter intuitive to what really ails her ... and she is becoming once again a mindful minimalist ... if one will do ... don't buy two ... and if you can ... buy second hand instead of buying new.

Amazing how her outlook towards a better future has been reinvigorated. Healthy living ... does wonders ... she sleeps well at night ... has energy during the day and demonstrates far fewer symptoms of her 'chronic' dis-eases.

An ounce of prevention is worth significantly more than a pound of symptom masking 'cure'?
All my kids ate the same...they eat really healthy ones a vegetarian very frugal buy second hand, ....but all chose vaccines for their children as the best choice.

All my kids ate the same...they eat really healthy ones a vegetarian very frugal buy second hand, ....but all chose vaccines for their children as the best choice.
That then would be their informed choice and I have no problem with that.

But only as long as they are not claiming ownership of other people's freedom to make their personally informed choices in their stead.

People should know about this. It's incredibly difficult to stop misinformation and disinformation, when the POTUS himself is directly spreading it and his partisan base isn't tuned into anything else. I was thinking it also belongs in the technocracy thread:

Back