Is the Bible an Extensive Parable?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Pragmatic concerns ... carry (derived from carie a dark fictional car under some novel author) the question: "to be or not toby processing thought as a blissful departure" ... an etude in gravitas! The spell varies ... that's the word, sometimes ides mudged! In abstract black it represents absence and lack of hue!

Some are frightened by the rider provided by Jean's knight ... a dream?

For me facts are transcended by metaphors. I live in the realm of facts. I am inspired and encouraged by the realm of metaphor. One day my factual being will fall away. My actual being will live on in the stories people tell about me.

Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.”

The gospels are stories told to permit insight and encouragement. Those who present them as facts are caught in a powerful delusion.

“If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!”

Last edited:
I live in the realm of facts. I am inspired and encouraged by the realm of metaphor.

Nice and quotable. And a good recognition of the place of each. Facts give us the hard, demonstrable information to survive. Metaphor helps us understand why that survival matters. Or something like that.

For me facts are transcended by metaphors. I live in the realm of facts. I am inspired and encouraged by the realm of metaphor. One day my factual being will fall away. My actual being will live on in the stories people tell about me.

Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.”

The gospels are stories told to permit insight and encouragement. Those who present them as facts are caught in a powerful delusion.

“If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!”
Changed the word eclipsed to transcended. The former leaves the factual world in the dark. The latter leaves us with personal perspective, to share with others curious regarding the meaning and purpose of our personal and collective human being.

Back