Internet Outrage, Public Shaming, and the Modern-Day Pharisee Phenomenon

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

What do you mean by this Kimmio?
Not funny?

Okay, well it means that was what the exchange between Rita and Northwind reminded me of just then - how kids play that game - and I seized the moment to include myself in that, recognizing a funny irony in that I do the same thing sometimes.

Not funny?

Okay, well it means that was what the exchange between Rita and Northwind reminded me of just then - how kids play that game - and I seized the moment to include myself in that, recognizing a funny irony in that I do the same thing sometimes.
Thanks for explaining.

I yam a drifting hypo thread ... Yo's emetic as Sam blowing in that national park! Comes from down deep ... Medusa as a watered monster?

Thus the inky flow ... sounded out by the shout ... Mark Twain ... thin satyrs as transparent to a cluster ... thinly obscured!

One must see themselves tho' wit ...

For @Carolla

This historian compares today to the Reformation (excerpt from a longer talk)

So taking that lens, no one is to blame for the chaos. It is big H history. Wokists arent to blame. Far right isnt to blame. Pederasts arent to blame. The US AIC isnt to blame. Chinese Impostor Government isnt to blame. Putin aint. BLM aint. Fiendish Fluoridators nope. Etc etc etc.

So what to do in this best of times worst of times? Do we ride the tribal wave? Do we arm ourselves with mental and spiritual techniques to be better able to live with chaos? Do we, like Prospero, leave to our own little island? Do we fight against the big H chaos and try to bend it into order? Do we...?

(The longer talk Niall Ferguson: Networks and Power - The Long Now its a good org. Trying to figure out how to have a better world thru Long Term...Stewart Brand is one of its founders...yes, he is still kicking)

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:

This article gives a couple more details.

No, Fergason wasn’t at fault for anything. Naming and shaming was beneath him.:rolleyes:

(Michael Ocon was a student activist for access and inclusivity.)

Last edited:
If only epicureans had a inkling of integration and gathering the essence ... of thought (fete noire as a dark fate?) We just don;t know ... face IT!

Consumption ghost on ...

This article gives a couple more details.

No, Fergason wasn’t at fault for anything. Naming and shaming was beneath him.:rolleyes:

(Michael Ocon was a student activist for access and inclusivity.)
Fallacy of Poisoning the well.

Doesn't have anything w do with his talk I linked to?

We can find bad stuff on EVERYONE. None is without sin.

Please do carry on.

(Tho I do ty for the data point)
#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Fallacy of Poisoning the well.

Doesn't have anything w do with his talk I linked to?

We can find bad stuff on EVERYONE. None is without sin.

Please do carry on.

(Tho I do ty for the data point)
#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Floss or flaws in the crevices of the stoic? Drawstrings ... thus druids!

Says the one who posts right wing tomfoolery mocking anti-racism under Religion and Faith. Then scoffs about it being moved because someone else notices it has nothing to do with R&F (to clarify, I don’t care if they had left it there...the point is, they told you it was off topic and you felt that was a bit stringent, didn’t you?)

Yes it does have something to do with the thread topic, Inanna. This thread is about naming and shaming, which Ferguson tried to do to a student at the University he worked at. And he did this in the name of promoting free speech. He sought to “slowly crush the left’s will to resist”. (Poisoning the well fallacy, you say?) And then he, according to you, is all about “the chaos isn’t anybody’s fault”. History just does as she does.

What was your purpose in posting the video Inanna? How does it have something to do with the OP topic?

Last edited:
God it has everything included in the in human nonsense that is subtle ... cause for archaeology, digs? Lucy could be down there ...

Sauls said:
And we all tremble at the thought of receiving a curse for tearing down a name and doing violence to a soul.

Or do we?

If we do, we do not tremble overly long before embracing the curse or doing violence.

I suspect that is because of our general animosity to the notion of grace, that someone might receive what they cannot earn because embracing the notion of grace posits that one might be unworthy in some way. Whereas the notion of works suggests we can be made righteous by doing righteously and thereby earning what grace says is unattainable.

As if obtaining self-righteousness is the righteousness that matters.

Those who scream for justice must ensure that it happens in connection with grace (calling for justice against those who deny grace to others) or they fall into vengeance and that hole digs deep, quickly.

Back