Ice cream scoops

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I read of one organizing guru who said no house should have more than thirty books total. Yes, THEY WALK AMOING US.....
She's a mom now who embraces the mess. Spending time with the kids is more important than her fancy clothes folding.

Yes to an ice cream scoop and garlic press. No melin baller here thugh. I also have what I call a perogy scoop for pulling them out of a pot. Gifted some as well over th years.

I once had a gadget for removing a boiled egg from a pan of water. I think it was a freebie from a Tupperware party.

I once had a 'as-seen-on-TV' item called EggTastic. It is no longer with me, I found it something other than useful or helpful.

It was actually a gift. Not really something I would have bought for myself.

Many of the gurus say you must be ruthless with items that were gifts if you want to get rid of clutter. This is something I have found to be true.

There is also a gadget for thinly slicing a hard boiled egg. I can't imagine any reason I would need such a thing.

Maybe some people like a prettily garnished potato salad?

A plastic case for carrying a banana to work for lunch. Never felt the need for this one either.

As far as kitchen stuff is concerned, I sometimes feel like my wife could probably survive with just a good, sharp stainless-steel cleaver and chopsticks. Maybe a can opener and scissors, too.

Breadmaker, anyone? We tossed ours years ago.

We had a special stone slab for cooking pizza. Snapped right in two one day while in the oven

A giant salad bowl that sat on a tripod wasn't too useful.

Fondue set. Only ever used it once or twice.

Had some molds for making chocolates wth my kids when they were little. Those were fun.

Molds for Jello jigglers. Long gone but we had fun with them back in the day.

Fondue sets were all the rage a few years back. The fad lasted about half an hour, it felt like. Within months one could find fondue sets for sale in wholesale lots at yard sales and flea markets. I somehow managed to avoid the entire mess.

I have, and use a fondue pot (it is the most awful little pot for sticking but none of my pots fit on the little burner stand). And a citrus zester. Never use a garlic press, though. I like chopping garlic. I have a melon baller; it gets used about twice a decade. I have a strawberry stemmer and a meat tenderizer, neither ever used. I love egg slicers: pretty eggs for the top of a potato or other salad; used twice - one way, then the other, and you've got perfect little cubes for egg salad.

De-cluttering strikes me as a very individual endeavour.

Oh, and yes to ice cream scoop. I've bent too many spoons.

A plastic case for carrying a banana to work for lunch. Never felt the need for this one either.
My Dad had one. They were a bit of a funny gift for a while but I think he may have actually asked my mom for one. He used to toss a banana into his briefcase often so it was actually used regularly.

Did anyone watch Heartland? The farmhouse was so cluttered I couldn't stand it! I liked the loft apartment and the guest cabins though.

I thought it was funny when Peter moved to Vancouver and got an apartment. It was all stainless steel and minimalist design. Not a single personal item in sight.

My Dad had one. They were a bit of a funny gift for a while but I think he may have actually asked my mom for one. He used to toss a banana into his briefcase often so it was actually used regularly.
You wouldn't want a banana bumping around in a briefcase. I never had any problem putting one in my lunch bag.

There's a nice Decluttering community on Reddit if anyone is looking for ideas and support. The Minimalism community can get judgemental. But it has some pretty funny moments too.

Back