How Fake News Spreads

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Oh brother Kimmio, you think all bad actors are Fascists. And all Fascists are far right. And everybody right of Trudeau is far right.

Papadopoulos is talking now. Out loud.
You need to change the channel and see both sides of the story and take a guess who may be lying.

Oh brother Kimmio, you think all bad actors are Fascists. And all Fascists are far right. And everybody right of Trudeau is far right.

Papadopoulos is talking now. Out loud.
You need to change the channel and see both sides of the story and take a guess who may be lying.

(Pontifex... @Kimmio is a woman.)

Pontiflex, you live in another world, an experience which has, alas, destroyed your understanding of this one. And so you sit there, muttering, while the world swirls past you.
And that is literally what is happening in the USA; esp with 45: 2 different realities. One where 45 is a Nazi and the other...not.

Also we're dealing with various powers (including MSM like Washington Post, NYT) who seem 2 b throwing their power around (and rightly terrified of losing their business) so they seem 2 b attacking intentionally ordinary people and trying to destroy their ability to make a living and to express their beliefs and openly explore ideas...

Engaging in thought control...only think the right thoughts...have the right ideas...

I do hope that power struggle and naked tribalism doesn't spread to here...:whistle:

Santa was an equal opportunity employer,
Inannawhimsey

This is (I hope not) changing the way the U.S. sees the world. Trump has created a mass hysteria. And almost half the U.S. population is buying into it. We may see a new world, a terribly different one, grow out of this insanity.

Meanwhile, as Trump frightens people with tales of how all these starving refugees are criminals, the big killers in the U.S. are the police forces (about 1200 murders per year) and the gun nuts who almost certainly total even more. We are, I very much fear, watching the crash of a nation.

There's something very wrong when the title is a lie. How would you react if I told you that I held the title of world's most beautiful man?

Would you feel it wrong if I were to be called the commander-in-chief of all the world's armies?

What is the point of separating her title from what it is she actually does? Here we have an organization that goes well beyond a title to actually cutting off our rights and judgements on what we want to read. But let's not waste time on this.

As we speak, 15,000 American soldiers are on their way to block desperate migrants at the U.S. Mexico border. There are families destroyed by American control of the economies and working conditions - control that impoverishes, starves, humiliates. This is the result of many decades of plundering resources by US capitalists, of 'trade sanctions' to further impoverish. They are slogging their way lacking food, shelter....the rate of sickness must now be very, very high - and they still have a thousand miles to go on foot. There are thousands of children, babies, among them. And 15,000 Onward Christian soldiers, heavily armed and preparing to block them - probably by separating families, and putting all into the horror of wire cages, neglect, abuse.....
There are reports of local hee-haws with rifles waiting for the chance to fire on them. And this is all fuelled by a racial hatred generated by the Trump circle.

Will the Christian churches have the morality and/or integrity to take a position on this? If history is a guide, they won't. Indeed, the most vicious killers and racists they face are the Christians of the Bible belt.

Let's skip the quibbling over trivia. Is this an issue for Christians to be concerned about? Yes or no?

(Historically, it is not an issue to be concerned about. Think back to the role of Christians of all nations when Hitler murdered Jews. Nor were the Christian churches upset by American mass murder at Hiroshima and Nagasaki - or at the 20 million (probably more) killed by the US since 1945. The churches, indeed, seem not to have noticed even that most of this killing was done for the already high profit of western capitalists.)
I think that churches very rarely have taken a stand, but in Hitlers time and today, people who might belong to a church and people who don’t have acted- and after all, that’s what counts. I am not sure if it would make any difference in the amount of people showing civil courage if the churches officially said anything or not. In these times of words, it’s the actions that are needed.

This is (I hope not) changing the way the U.S. sees the world. Trump has created a mass hysteria. And almost half the U.S. population is buying into it. We may see a new world, a terribly different one, grow out of this insanity.

Meanwhile, as Trump frightens people with tales of how all these starving refugees are criminals, the big killers in the U.S. are the police forces (about 1200 murders per year) and the gun nuts who almost certainly total even more. We are, I very much fear, watching the crash of a nation.
Therez an easy way of dealing with 45: don't read or listen 2 him.

Sad that the media is making moolah hand over fist by every inane utterance by 45

Don't u think that this fear started before 45? Global Surveillance? Patriot Act? Karl Rovez "we make reality"? Etc.

Don't u think we NAmericans have been given a cognitive slap and woken up a bit more so that all of these things that used 2 b ignored and invisible to us (or relegated to blasphemy ie conspiracy) are now visible like black torture sites, global surveillance, pointless wars, nice politicians doing horrific and mind control things, global greed, trillions of dollarz in super sekrit govt usages, public money millions spent on sekrit UFO investigations, and how we human beings actually operate (various cognitive biases, behaviours, mass psychology, anxiety and fear, pleasure principle, and...)?

And that we're going through a singularity right now? News is always on. Ideas can pretty much slide around with little friction. All these planks plonking into each other...

A globe with literally 8 billion plus religions, different overton windowz, hates, likes, categories of things that are deemed blasphemous and sacred, all of it happening always on...

Where terms like Fascism lose their usage due to overuse...where one person can have a movement created around them...the Satanic Panic was nothing compared to this Global Enlightenment...

Its chaos!

Oh the Humanity,
Inannawhimsey

I think that churches very rarely have taken a stand, but in Hitlers time and today, people who might belong to a church and people who don’t have acted- and after all, that’s what counts. I am not sure if it would make any difference in the amount of people showing civil courage if the churches officially said anything or not. In these times of words, it’s the actions that are needed.
I suggest acting locally
Work on yourself
Your own family
Your extended family
Etc
Perhaps churches should have courses on meditation or yoga or such? So as to live a better life and to be able to do right action instead of action based on fear and anxiety?

Humanity Rises,
Inannawhimsey

And that is literally what is happening in the USA; esp with 45: 2 different realities. One where 45 is a Nazi and the other...not.

Also we're dealing with various powers (including MSM like Washington Post, NYT) who seem 2 b throwing their power around (and rightly terrified of losing their business) so they seem 2 b attacking intentionally ordinary people and trying to destroy their ability to make a living and to express their beliefs and openly explore ideas...

Engaging in thought control...only think the right thoughts...have the right ideas...

I do hope that power struggle and naked tribalism doesn't spread to here...:whistle:

Santa was an equal opportunity employer,
Inannawhimsey
I actually think Fox News, is throwing its power around. They are the media power arm of 45's government - parroting ideas that right wing online sources are making up and vice-versa.

Heh's writ ... loudly silent ... if you read into it! Alas many wouldn't go that far ... be traumatic to go into forgotten stuff ... like meme chose ... or meso phore ... that's the word ... and it goes on and on ...

Last edited:
Some churches woke up in the time of Hitler??? I"m not aware of that. They're wakeup in germany was negligible. And there wake up in other countries was simply following the local line. In a real wake-up, the churches would have offered assistance to the Jews of Europe. But they didn't life a finger. The only reaction of the Canadian churches was that of everyone else, a thoughtless sort of patriotism.

Back