How Fake News Spreads

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
I actually think Fox News, is throwing its power around. They are the media power arm of 45's government - parroting ideas that right wing online sources are making up and vice-versa.
I don't disinclude Fox from MSM :3 and are subject to similar forces (need to make money off of subscribers and advertising in an always on news cycle etc etc etc).

I think the point of them being the power arm of 4t is redundant; I think that is most MSM. With every tweet with every utterance of 45...they promote the US gov't.

Though Fox News (I've never really viewed it as news but more as entertainment) haven't been around as long as the Big Boys (such as NYT) and thus haven't had as many sinful Manufacturing of Consent acts (promoting Vietnam war, Korean War, etc etc etc). You should watch that doc Manufacturing Consent and pay attention to the media that were around at that time that are there to enforce and create social norms.

When 45 gets out, then another MSM outlet will become the govts mouthpeice. As it always has been (cf. US involvement in Vietnam).

I just wish all MSM would stop lying so much and get down to their important task of sense making so that we all can make our decisions. That is more important than petty tribalisms.

I get my news from google news. Which lists news from all over the world and not just USA and the regular suspects.

I am pleasently surprised to see the overton window/MSM social norms to switch to such things as openly discussing the occult, magic and UAPs without the horselaugh derision :3

I also pray more MSM will drop the brain dead and not useful tribal markers of Left and Right. The French Revolution is looooong over lol

A difference with Fox is that I haven't yet seen them go after youtubers for cutting into their marketshare. That doesn't mean that they haven't done it.

Maybe there's hope for MSM,
Inannawhimsey

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
The First Network to break through the Fake News/ News Singularity we're currently suffering from

Nuke Dukem Toque,
Inannawhimsey

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
Blast from the "past"

MSM should never have gotten into bed with American Intelligence...LOL

Tangled Smooth,
Inannawhimsey

Reaction score
For those who think I was a bit harsh about calling out the Tim Pool posts on the covid thread; I can’t just let some things stand without saying anything. I have to speak up about them when I know nobody else here is going to because they don’t realize what’s going on. And I hope one day the poster who (who I believe is capable of being a decent person) posted that actually changes and takes a solid stand for social justice (which doesn’t exist on the right anymore, if it ever did) - that’s what free speech is actually for. Here’s why. This is from a year ago:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually Xi Jinpingpong is #1, if you remember him?

Closely followed by Vladamir "i kill gays" Puttiniton

Angela Awesomesauce Merkel is around 4

And their power is temporary and only as good as us People who say Yes You Have Power

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege
Okay, if you want to quibble about that, I won’t argue - the most powerful man in North America, at the very least, in terms of “fire-power”? That’s bad enough.

My point to Rita is that he has power to make orders and use them against whomever. And he’s petulant and vindictive about those who disagree with him - not a good look or practice for the leader of a supposedly free country, who whines about free speech when he feels insulted, then unleashes the hounds - so if that’s threatening to him, it’s threatening to everybody. I, on the other hand, am just one in many millions with an opinion.

(This is moved from the covid thread. I don’t even know where it belongs.)

Reaction score
Somewhere, Inanna, you mentioned that the Dems should just kiss up to him to keep him happy. I thought that at one point. If people actually value freedom, including freedom of speech - freedom of speech exists to speak out against potential bully dictators. Using it to go after the left who are trying to protect the rights of the marginalized, while his bully policies make matters worse for them, is an abuse of freedom. It’s also cowardly. You aren’t a black person who has been racially profiled and kicked around by cops - still systemically marginalized in your own country after 400 years. No, the election of Obama does not disprove that. It means there was progress, but the problem is not solved - they are not a long way from when crosses were burnt on lawns, and they are even going backwards because Trump only emboldens that tendency that still exists when he says “both sides...” and kisses up to nazis because they voted for him. He had the blatant support of David fking Duke. He strategically emboldened that tendency when he helped lead the birther movement against Obama, because he was setting himself up to run in an election and was gathering his base of racist haters. There’s no excuse to let that happen and be okay with it. And you aren’t an immigrant of colour who has been sent “back” to a country you have no early memory of, because of his policies. You are not a kid in a cage, you are not someone who has had to drink out of the toilet and sleep under neon lights, on the floor, in a holding facility packed over capacity. You are not a Puerto Rican who spent months without electricity after a natural disaster, just because Trump doesn’t like the governor - and apparently didn’t give a s**t about them. You are not someone who is not allowed to use any bathroom because of what gender you may or may not present as. None of those things affect you (and don’t try to say I’m misgendering you. You know I am not, and if you were subject to that you would want your rights to identify as you wish, protected.) But countless people have died fighting fascism - apparently in your mind, so people can trash the left because they can - and there are those who are still fighting upwards, for freedoms for everybody to live decent lives. It’s selfish, petty, dishonest and cowardly to suck up to to him - and goes against the very freedom the right claims to be for, to kowtow to a guy like Trump. That’s practically handing him a dynasty. America is better than that. Though, I’m still peeved that they let the guy anywhere near the presidency - even the decent Americans. I’m peeved that they even gave him a sliver of a chance, when it couldn’t have been more obvious than a huge neon sign in an empty field, that he spelled trouble.

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Complementarianism? It just won;t meld with the extremists (anti medium)! Thus the processing of intellect departs ...

Label it out-of-here and now ... something to nose! --- Pin oak y OZ ...

Reaction score
How it’s spreading these days...

(I wish they didn’t use Ben Shapiro’s face for the still photo. It’s about a lot more than him. ...but he gets more traffic than CNN and the NYT. The far right is controlling the narrative. And using FB - and right wing libertarians - to do it.)

Reaction score
Clueless dude. LLeft seems to be almost impervious bubble. But everybody who breaks out of the bubble wake up to real life. 1984 averted. Rachel maddow lies lies lies. Then one day, one of her followers hears the truth for the first time... realize they have been duped and never go back. The left is losing viewers because they keep getting caught telling one big outrageous lie.

Not going to stop the Trump Train.

Reaction score
Those faces look almost demonic to me. Shiny people with dead eyes. They look like vampires. Just put a couple of pointy teeth on them. I’m not watching.

It’s like “come over to the dark side where you can lose your soul and celebrate psychopathy”. No thanks. I’m going to side with the hurting and frustrated people who are distressed by the psychopathy. I’ve “lost” people I care about to this. And I can’t believe they fell for it.

Last edited:

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
How it’s spreading these days...

(I wish they didn’t use Ben Shapiro’s face for the still photo. It’s about a lot more than him. ...but he gets more traffic than CNN and the NYT. The far right is controlling the narrative. And using FB - and right wing libertarians - to do it.)
Its tough with Corporate media these days...they are so important to our sense making...yet they are losing money...losing staff...having to spend less and less time doing actual reporting...exist in an always on news cycle...

They can't compete

There are good things and problematic things with ordinary people like you and me being able to have an audience...like Ben or Hillary or whomever...anyone with an internet connection can have an audience now...that is both good (democratic knowledge, no need for expensive resources like legacy media needs, different cultures and moresand lifestyles can be experienced) and bad (things like any info now can spread...wheras b4 we had things like geography and gatekeepers limiting idea spread, social media being used as sources, different cultures and mores and lifestyles can b experienced--no on way to have universal hate speech rules ferinstance, bloody algos leading to idea polarization...screw you google and online corps lol)

I think it behooves us human beings to be more savvy. Savvy in how the internet works. In how our own minds and selves and society works. Such as realizing how emotions can change what we think of as real or true. Such as realizing how in group out group affiliation does the same thing. Such as realizing how even our identities affect what we think of as real.

We have great power at our fingertips. And more of us coming online all the time.

Is the internet a good thing?

As a famous human being once said, it is too soon to tell

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
Clueless dude. LLeft seems to be almost impervious bubble. But everybody who breaks out of the bubble wake up to real life. 1984 averted. Rachel maddow lies lies lies. Then one day, one of her followers hears the truth for the first time... realize they have been duped and never go back. The left is losing viewers because they keep getting caught telling one big outrageous lie.

Not going to stop the Trump Train.

How close do you think the election will be?

2016 election was really close.
I'm hearin that 2020 will also b close. So that means t'me that any trick or imperfection etc will really help.

And since foreign govts seem 2 b interfering, I guess they "care" aboot USA. That is really endearing. I hope Iran and China and Russia get bang for their bucks.

Herez to an entertaining election and a good fight.

Ee0x2VDWkAE5bLS.jpeg.jpg
EhZeSGAX0AAboVL.jpeg.jpg
Trump:"I cant eat. My arms are too short"
Both pictures from George Alexopoulos (@GPrime85) on Twitter

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
Those faces look almost demonic to me. Shiny people with dead eyes. They look like vampires. Just put a couple of pointy teeth on them. I’m not watching.

It’s like “come over to the dark side where you can lose your soul and celebrate psychopathy”. No thanks. I’m going to side with the hurting and frustrated people who are distressed by the psychopathy. I’ve “lost” people I care about to this. And I can’t believe they fell for it.
Lol glad to see your sense of humour is still intact
Ya hafta in this crazy world of ours

(If you however are being solemn, then you should try to fight the impulse to other them and fight to try to see their humanity...)

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Luce NDs

Reaction score
To see the humus one has to leer in from outside the norm ... position of the pha Roue?

Twas an Egyptian line of secular abstract ... fete noire and somewhat dark! From this Hebrew script had exodus ... an escapism!

Many find it a shaky point or Shakespearean Satyr (harry onager)!

You did know the onager is mongolian ... the stuff to be connected by stranger quarks than can be abstract ... sometimes knot as left all twisted by corrupting entanglements ... knotty limb IHCs?

Aule Lymþ*X Gammos ... are also shady! May be AD Renal effect ... hormonal axis ... the grossest narrative that runs on and on?

Last edited:

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I guess they "care" aboot USA. That is really endearing. I hope Iran and China and Russia get bang for their bucks.
Care about how much influence they can get over the USA is probably more to the point.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Care about how much influence they can get over the USA is probably more to the point.
They have influenced tycoons to invest in cheap labour to pile up stags and bucks as they are passed ... and home is hollowed out ... dear me something went out of the dream! All that returns is the casings ... casts!