Homeland Security and Secret Police

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

No, more than that, they need a congress and senate who have figured out that this monster DHS needs to be dismantled. I don't know if they can get there from here.

And much as I'd like to think that Bush Jr was a criminal mastermind, I agree that it was probably 'merely' an unfortunate response to 9/11.
Cheney was no dope.

No, more than that, they need a congress and senate who have figured out that this monster DHS needs to be dismantled. I don't know if they can get there from here.

And much as I'd like to think that Bush Jr was a criminal mastermind, I agree that it was probably 'merely' an unfortunate response to 9/11.
That may be the first thing, and only thing that can happen if Biden gets in. But that's only the beginning of what needs to happen. It's unfortunate, imo, that they chose Biden because he'll probably f*** up - even if he wins - and leave an opening for a worse right wing figure in 2024. I hope not. He's the best option for now, unfortunately. I think the DNC made another mistake though. They didn't "repent" after Hillary - they made another similar choice. I hope he wins because anything better than Trump, is still better than Trump. But it's not the best they could do.

Last edited:
Probably, they won't dismantle it. Biden's a hawk. He might keep it for something else just in case. I hope that the smaller elections yield lots and lots of left progressives at local and state levels to keep Biden (and probably Harris) in check.

Cheney was no dope.

No ... but he has a dark side. Recall I faced this guy accross a corporate meeting table with the infamous AJ Dunlap.

Then sad to say, I ended up working for him for a short time when he bought the debris of my primary employer that sold out for a great price and dumped 8000 employees!

Recall power corrupts ... creating underdogs looking up solutions from a subtle position ... that's politics from the altar ...

Another interview/ discussion for Jacobin Magazine, Michael Brooks did shortly before he died (he was working a lot before he suddenly died. It’s weird to see all these clips published posthumously) - with Ana Kasparian of Young Turks - they are debunking Tim Pool’s commentary of what happened in Portland.

(PS Good to see the federal militia men are mostly gone and the protests were peaceful again.)

Last edited:
No ... but he has a dark side. Recall I faced this guy accross a corporate meeting table with the infamous AJ Dunlap.

Then sad to say, I ended up working for him for a short time when he bought the debris of my primary employer that sold out for a great price and dumped 8000 employees!

Recall power corrupts ... creating underdogs looking up solutions from a subtle position ... that's politics from the altar ...
I remember that.

Well, corrupt people can still be highly intelligent - some of the worst ones have been. And decent people can be a bit slow to catch on. That’s what they count on.

I am one who sees things approaching. Many years ago I saw the police state in its earliest stage. That police state is now full grown and ready to take control of the population.

I am one who sees things approaching. Many years ago I saw the police state in its earliest stage. That police state is now full grown and ready to take control of the population.

We are a beaten and broken race ... bought down to stop and think about what is God in the stillness ... cams give high spots on the turning ... on the other side a lo' spot from which demos rises ... as Moses from a crevice in the rocks ... cold be a fracture! Why the south has chain gangs ...

Inannawhimsey do you like in the USA?

i listened to an interesting point yesterday about Portland and media created hype in general. By a guy in CNN called Smerconish

his point was basically that media creates panic, panic then creates more panic and at the end of it all looking back the panic was over nothing. Discussed the year of the shark, the tourist death in DR, and now Portland

we see a small section of Portland through the lens of a strategically placed camera. So we only see what we are meant to see By media

i had a friend who lived in Belfast during the tough times at the end of the 70s early 80’s. She spoke of how it was hard to buy things. Stores wouldn’t keep stock in case of vandalism. But in fact most of the “troubles” as she called it were in a very small area of a few blocks. Yet our media made it seem like Belfast was on fire.

Sorry 4 the delay, Lastpointe.
There is something missing on your first sentence so I'll just assume you were asking what I like aboot USA?

I like a lot of the people in the USA. I find the people 2 b quite passionate. An energy.

(I dont find really important differences between Canada and USA so far. There was one trip I crossed the border into Ontario and if it hadnt been for the border I wouldnt have known I was in another country).

And what is going on around the world right now is Big H history. The Grand Sweep of things. And we human beings are surfing the wave.

I like the Great Human Experiment here. Various Enlightenment virtues. There is virtually every culture here. Lots that have been invented in USA. Lots of religions and philosophies and art forms...here is where jazz and rock came from. Where SF thrived. Where the intetnet was born.

And where the USA has failed, it at least has tried in these incredible achievements that are now commonplace in USA.

USA is a country of innovators.

Portland is a special city to me. It is quite similar to the lower mainland. Lots of nature. Spiritual rather than religious. Lots of weirdos. Artists.

So when I see Portland being attacked Garbage nightly. Violent graffiti. Shopkeepers losing their business. People getting hit by bricks. Ball bearings. Lasered to permanent vision issues. Burning. Tear gassing. And so forth. I get emotional.

I agree aboot media. Corporate media cant compete anymore. It has limited time and resources. It thrives on outrage and polarization.

It is possible to get a better picture of what are going on in Portland. I think it requires a more agnostic and scientific mindset. Instead of looking for one narrative, find the multiple narratives. So we checked the local papers. And people livecasting as the events happened.

So Nutmeg and I decided to check for ourselves. This Great H history event. Things r changing so quickly there. Groups come and go. Skirmishes. The poor mayor. Police come and go.

I will write aboot it. WC seems to have trouble with this cameraz photos. They have worked b4; maybe some of them r too big? 3 M too big?

VROOOOOOM!!!

Another interview/ discussion for Jacobin Magazine, Michael Brooks did shortly before he died (he was working a lot before he suddenly died. It’s weird to see all these clips published posthumously) - with Ana Kasparian of Young Turks - they are debunking Tim Pool’s commentary of what happened in Portland.

(PS Good to see the federal militia men are mostly gone and the protests were peaceful again.)

Ty for this. See, that is why we need more identities, more BS, because we are finite beings and cant think of everything.

Messr Brooks is at his normal humourous self. I wish he hadnt left. The hard left needs peeps like him to help soften their lack of humour and grace.

Again, thank you for this opinion piece. It is so difficult to say who or who isnt Antifa (since they are so similar to say Anonymous...decentralized independent cells...). I have enjoyed reading Jacobin.

And the Peaceful continues. And the Violence. And the word violence. And the injuries. Portland gun violence was waaay too high in July. Mayor Wheeler (who actually said there r only 12 people responsible 4 the violence--SO ARREST THEM, FOOL i say) had to move because his home had a fire caused by protestors. Two old women were splashed with paint when they tried to deal with some protestors. And one of them were screamed at. And I really hate (and was afraid of this) now right wing groups are openly involved (and right wingers imho arent as afraid of gun use). And I feel for the Antifa tot who murdered someone, then fled and eventually died in a police shootout.

This has to stop.

(Not to mention the increased covid spreading opportunities)

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:
I’m not actually sure why you’re going to the protests at this point, but be careful, be safe.
Thank you, hun
We were and we survived (omg the FOOD)
(Masks n goggles oh my)

(da smoke warnin has been lifted here today!!! W00T!!!)

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:
And regarding homeland security lol they r doomed

Very dangerous for an agency like this to allegedly give intentionally incorrect reports to gov't. Bad for national security. Someone should b fired and arrested (sent to Gitmo?)

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege
[

From the article:

White supremacists present the gravest terror threat to the United States, according to a draft report from the Department of Homeland Security.

None of the drafts POLITICO reviewed referred to a threat from Antifa, the loose cohort of militant left-leaning agitators who senior Trump administration officials have described as domestic terrorists. Two of the drafts refer to extremists trying to exploit the “social grievances” driving lawful protests.

Ahh, when you were still on Earth, beloved
What a heady time that was
All that amazing protest art
The boarded up businesses
Graffitti everywhere
The DIY camp in the daytime
The nightly clashes (thank goodness the Big Guns were never brought in)
The lingering tear gas so strong we had to wear two masks lol
That Extinction Rebellion booth and you were interested up until the point when he said they needed people willing to be arrested lol
I was so hurt what had happened to your hometown
It is such a vibrant and lovely place
Thanks to you, thanks to you, thanks to you
Looking forward to seeing you in person
You must be having such a grand and marvy time

Ahh, when you were still on Earth, beloved
What a heady time that was
All that amazing protest art
The boarded up businesses
Graffitti everywhere
The DIY camp in the daytime
The nightly clashes (thank goodness the Big Guns were never brought in)
The lingering tear gas so strong we had to wear two masks lol
That Extinction Rebellion booth and you were interested up until the point when he said they needed people willing to be arrested lol
I was so hurt what had happened to your hometown
It is such a vibrant and lovely place
Thanks to you, thanks to you, thanks to you
Looking forward to seeing you in person
You must be having such a grand and marvy time

Imagine dark arts as an abstract ... beyond the physical absolute ... is obscurity best considering how the determined hate alien stuff ... concepts of Gabriel?

Opposes Michael ... as a lighter being ... you can go round this ... the dance of a' dam ... dame is something else even ... heaven versus secular?

Then who supports characters without personality? Know developments in the nous ... they could be out there!

Back