Homeland Security and Secret Police

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Reaction score
No, more than that, they need a congress and senate who have figured out that this monster DHS needs to be dismantled. I don't know if they can get there from here.

And much as I'd like to think that Bush Jr was a criminal mastermind, I agree that it was probably 'merely' an unfortunate response to 9/11.
Cheney was no dope.

Reaction score
No, more than that, they need a congress and senate who have figured out that this monster DHS needs to be dismantled. I don't know if they can get there from here.

And much as I'd like to think that Bush Jr was a criminal mastermind, I agree that it was probably 'merely' an unfortunate response to 9/11.
That may be the first thing, and only thing that can happen if Biden gets in. But that's only the beginning of what needs to happen. It's unfortunate, imo, that they chose Biden because he'll probably f*** up - even if he wins - and leave an opening for a worse right wing figure in 2024. I hope not. He's the best option for now, unfortunately. I think the DNC made another mistake though. They didn't "repent" after Hillary - they made another similar choice. I hope he wins because anything better than Trump, is still better than Trump. But it's not the best they could do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably, they won't dismantle it. Biden's a hawk. He might keep it for something else just in case. I hope that the smaller elections yield lots and lots of left progressives at local and state levels to keep Biden (and probably Harris) in check.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Cheney was no dope.
No ... but he has a dark side. Recall I faced this guy accross a corporate meeting table with the infamous AJ Dunlap.

Then sad to say, I ended up working for him for a short time when he bought the debris of my primary employer that sold out for a great price and dumped 8000 employees!

Recall power corrupts ... creating underdogs looking up solutions from a subtle position ... that's politics from the altar ...

Reaction score
Another interview/ discussion for Jacobin Magazine, Michael Brooks did shortly before he died (he was working a lot before he suddenly died. It’s weird to see all these clips published posthumously) - with Ana Kasparian of Young Turks - they are debunking Tim Pool’s commentary of what happened in Portland.

(PS Good to see the federal militia men are mostly gone and the protests were peaceful again.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
No ... but he has a dark side. Recall I faced this guy accross a corporate meeting table with the infamous AJ Dunlap.

Then sad to say, I ended up working for him for a short time when he bought the debris of my primary employer that sold out for a great price and dumped 8000 employees!

Recall power corrupts ... creating underdogs looking up solutions from a subtle position ... that's politics from the altar ...
I remember that.

Well, corrupt people can still be highly intelligent - some of the worst ones have been. And decent people can be a bit slow to catch on. That’s what they count on.