Here I go again, seven years later

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Remember how we got here 7 years ago (yes, it's been that long)? The UCCan closing down Wondercafe and us working to build WC2 as a replacement?

I'm having deja vu all over again.

My writing site is being closed down by its owner. She is losing her staff programmer and since the site I am on doesn't have its own revenue stream and has become rather quiet in recent years, she is ditching it to focus on getting her other sites into shape.

And, surprise, the membership are stepping up to take a go at saving it. In this case, though, we have full cooperation from the owner. While I have offered to help, another member (the only other Canadian, oddly) has already involved a programmer that he knows and got her talking to the owner's programmer about moving the whole shebang to a new server.

And I did post the story of Wondercafe and Wondercafe2 in a thread there (the thread is a long-running general chat thread called Inspirations and was partly inspired by Room for All) as an encouragement to the effort.

So once again, I am really appreciating what we accomplished here and the importance of having the help and support of the community.

Thanks, all.

I hope your writing site will continue - I recall you posting positively about your involvement there. I hope our WC WC2 story is encouraging for them.

Well, that went down an interesting road. The owner got a good offer to keep the site and move it to the same platform she is moving her other sites to, so it is staying under present ownership just moving to new hardware and software. Which is a good thing because the whole setup is rather dated at this point, part of what I was trying to remedy by steering them on to Xenforo. I had a chance to try out some Xenforo add-ons that we don't use here so it was not a total waste of my time trying to put it all together, either. Unfortunately, there was some drama and I am still blocking the only other Canadian on the board because he was being a bit of an ass.

Back