heading out

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
I will be leaving pretty soon for the Big City to get a cataract removed. Hoping I wont be the one in a thousand who has problems after. Have to spend two nights in the city which will make a change. No doubt I'll have to practise remembering to breathe!

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
I hope it goes well, too. Hoping in a few months from now you'll find that you were glad you had it done.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
Take care of yourself. I just talked to a friend who came to sit me about restrictions to follow ( I have a limit in lifting right now for six weeks), who told me she also wasn’t allowed to bend down after cataract surgery. I suppose it has to do with increased pressure in the eye? Don’t know much about that surgery, but if told, please follow those precautions and let other people do the bending and lifting to get the best outcome. Speedy recovery!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Safe travels Kay - and sending good vibes for your procedure & recovery to go well, and for you enjoy that enhanced vision when you next get your camera out!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Lots of luck today, Kay. My dad was delighted with the effects of cataract surgery. It gave him a few years free of glasses, after a lifetime of "coke bottle bottom" type lenses, and a future in which he went blind from glaucoma.

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the well-wishing. All seems to have gone well - but I can still feel that eye. It seems to think it has been swimming in the ocean and got salt in it! Vision doesn't seem to be improved but time will tell. I was told the only thing to avoid was rubbing the eye - I can lift things, bend over etc with gay abandon, live normally. I suspect techniques have been continually changing as many years ago it was a scary surgery requiring bed rest for a week with the head stabilised between sandbags!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Sounds good Kay ... safe travels homeward & soon that ocean swim will be a faint memory! Hope you got a bit of a tan while there! LOL

Tabitha

journeying
Reaction score
surgery worked well for my mom. Perhaps there is something to do in the city for a treat? Wishing you a quick recovery.

Nancy

Reaction score
My husband had the surgery and doesn't need to wear glasses anymore...except the dollar store variety for reading. Same with a fellow choir member who developed cataracts very quickly...worsening significantly in a few months time. She had the surgery and no longer wears glasses. So...it's a possibility for you too.

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
Apparently there is a very small chance that I won't need glasses once both eyes are done. I have a rare inherited macular disease that also messes with my vision. No future in fretting about the whole thing. I'll wait and see what happens.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
Glad it was ok for you. I have lots of floaters. There is nothing they can do about that, but a big improvement nonetheless.

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get a perfect result ninjafaery. Did the floaters turn up immediately after surgery, or later? I don't recall anyone mentioning those as a possibility.