Has Jesus/God Ever Pissed You Off?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Waterfall

Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I know, sounds like an irreverent way to ask, but really have you ever disagreed with Jesus/God teachings or something done in the Old or New Testament?

Are there any passages in the Bible that upset you? Why and what do you do with that?

It can be said: Wild anger leads to destruction, but investigated anger leads to revelation.

Yes, the story of the servant and the "Talents". The master goes away, leaving his estate entrusted to his servants.

To one servant, the master gives $500. He takes his master's money and doubles it.
To another, the master gives $200. He takes his master's money and doubles it.
To the third, the master gives $100. He buries the money and returns it intact, but is severely rebuked.

I have such huge problems with master/servant relationships that the best I can say is, "good job you got your $100 back, dearie; chocolate did beckon!

I like the controversy and conflict raised by the meek-minded inheriting the dirt ... those having strength of fleas ... jumped ship ... martyrs in another tradition labelled sacrificing lives to leave!

They had enough of corruption of intellectual space by the flat out determinates ... a rather mystic view from a' far position ... out there!

Ever get that depression sensation of the Kubler-Ross Syndrome as U shaped? Good grief could that be it in escapism?

No, not really. But my view of them largely precludes that.

I am not even sure there is a God, and if there is, that God is more likely a creative force of Nature than a being handing down what we see in the Bible. People created that view of God.

Jesus was a person who lived c. 2000 years ago and the record of his life is likely coloured heavily, even mythologized, by those who wrote it.

Getting pissed at either really accomplishes nothing for me.

Getting pissed at those who profess to follow God and Jesus and live those beliefs in harmful ways? Sure. That's a human behaviour issue just as someone who professes and practices a harmful political philosophy or whatever.

Getting pissed at the authors who wrote the accounts of God and Jesus and coloured them with their own prejudices and beliefs? Sure. That's humanity again. Real people doing real things.

But God and Jesus? Nah. No point.

Last edited:
Jesus pissed the Pharisees off so much that they wanted Him out of their way as He was destroying their added traditions and rituals to their man made Religion Judaism -----

I believe Jesus who is the Word pisses off many people today ---How ---by His Word ---by saying it is truth and obey it ---

Here are just a few sayings of Jesus ---that in just my opinion piss people off today -----

I believe when Jesus says -----you must be born again to see the Kingdom of God --this pisses people off

I believe when Jesus talks about hell ---this pisses people off so bad they just want to ignore it ----

I believe when Jesus talks about believers and unbelievers ---this pisses people off -----because it separates humanity ----like the Parable of the sheep and the goats --using animal metaphor for believers and unbelievers
I believe when Jesus says ---all humans are born with a corrupt nature ---this pisses people off ----

Does Jesus piss me off ------absolutely Not

Last edited:
Then there is the definition of religion:

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Given that Trump is just about out of here ... is that unnatural power for his follows that expect something else again? Maybe be just displacement theory overlapping into Tran substitution of icons from one tradition or the other.

Just alter a few words and see the chaos it brings on if folks don;t understand the derivation of the present words that speak to us ... and echo's of the past remain silent in the head ... except for sometimes that buzz and whistling of tinnitus as that canned sensation!

The mind is deceptive being it is beyond our comprehension ... and thus it is greatly disavowed by those not desiring to associate with unfamiliar matters and immaterial ... as essences of what was priory thought! The incidence of mental sion or Zion ...

The fixated despise those that take off ... if only to support tendencies toward conflict and warring!

A group once told be they don;t believe in ghost except the holy ghost ... thus the shot was fired ... called universal bull! A superior missal in flight?

Depends on how you read into wits ... hated intelligencia! Really poorly understood's tuff ... subtle!

Luce NDs ---you said -----
Then there is the definition of religion:

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

I say ---
An I add that all Religions are man made ------God did not invent any Religion -------Religions are all corrupt as they are dictated by man ----

Religion comes from ----- the etymology of religion lies with the Latin word religare, which means “to tie, to bind.”

Religions keep people in bondage and yoked and tied to their own Spiritual views and their own traditions and rules and their own man made theology ---Religion is dangerous ------and should be done away with ----

The Bible gives you the true way to God Not any Religion ------and that pisses people off -----as it squashes the many roads that Religion says lead to God -----

It is a tightly restricted book not allowing any other books as suggested in some verses the books and tomes are out of this world ... yet writ down! In there are subtle myths ...

Hi unsafe... You and I are not far apart concerning the way of God and the way of the world. Our primary difference is rooted in our perspective regarding the source of God's word. You bind the word to images graven on a page. I liberate the word into the care of the Holy Spirit, who with Jesus and God manifests the living word.

Hi unsafe... You and I are not far apart concerning the way of God and the way of the world. Our primary difference is rooted in our perspective regarding the source of God's word. You bind the word to images graven on a page. I liberate the word into the care of the Holy Spirit, who with Jesus and God manifests the living word.

A spiritually free experience for all we know ... in essence just to support hated gnosis (gnosis being a hated old word for knowledge as declared evil by the bible).

Then the clerics that anciently controlled literacy and the understanding thereof ... hated to give up that position and caused fear of reading in many people that Trumps just about all! Even the House members fear him according to the indications ...

It is something one observes in dark situations! One must carry an English torch for reading the spin ...

Really word spin is potent ... maybe evn omnipotent as it drives many over the edge of naivete ... sometimes known as ignorance. There is this valis ...

Jesus pissed the Pharisees off so much that they wanted Him out of their way as He was destroying their added traditions and rituals to their man made Religion Judaism -----

I believe Jesus who is the Word pisses off many people today ---How ---by His Word ---by saying it is truth and obey it ---

Here are just a few sayings of Jesus ---that in just my opinion piss people off today -----

I believe when Jesus says -----you must be born again to see the Kingdom of God --this pisses people off

I believe when Jesus talks about hell ---this pisses people off so bad they just want to ignore it ----

I believe when Jesus talks about believers and unbelievers ---this pisses people off -----because it separates humanity ----like the Parable of the sheep and the goats --using animal metaphor for believers and unbelievers
I believe when Jesus says ---all humans are born with a corrupt nature ---this pisses people off ----

Does Jesus piss me off ------absolutely Not
You know in some ways those things you and the Bible say Jesus/God said, do piss me off too, because many of those things have caused ungodly wars in the name of God througout the centuries....Like Trump, maybe some words were given more power than they deserved by those in power within the church and governments.....or purposely misinterpreted.

GeoFee -----you said ----I liberate the word into the care of the Holy Spirit, who with Jesus and God manifests the living word.

Well that might be the way you see it but that is definitely not what the Word says ---so your understanding of the word needs much clarification in my opinion ----

You know in some ways those things you and the Bible say Jesus/God said, do piss me off too, because many of those things have caused ungodly wars in the name of God througout the centuries....Like Trump, maybe some words were given more power than they deserved by those in power within the church and governments.....or purposely misinterpreted.

Supports the essence of a demiurge as denied by church power! There they accepted only one-way like Sin a Tuois ... ménage a triad?

GeoFee -----you said ----I liberate the word into the care of the Holy Spirit, who with Jesus and God manifests the living word.

Well that might be the way you see it but that is definitely not what the Word says ---so your understanding of the word needs much clarification in my opinion ----
You are telling us what the scripture says. You are making clear that disagreeing with you is disagreeing with God. For me, scripture points the way to realization that God dwells within us. That living word sheds light as I study scripture.

Somewhere in the scripture it says “all scripture is inspired by God.” It does not say all scripture is God.

Waterfall ---you said -----You know in some ways those things you and the Bible say Jesus/God said, do piss me off too, because many of those things have caused ungodly wars in the name of God througout the centuries..

I say ---well you can think that God has caused wars ------but as far as I am concerned it is people who cause the wars not God ----Jesus is the word ----The Word became Flesh ----so if you want to believe that Jesus causes wars that is your right ----I will have no part of that thought ----

Waterfall ---you said -----You know in some ways those things you and the Bible say Jesus/God said, do piss me off too, because many of those things have caused ungodly wars in the name of God througout the centuries..

I say ---well you can think that God has caused wars ------but as far as I am concerned it is people who cause the wars not God ----Jesus is the word ----The Word became Flesh ----so if you want to believe that Jesus causes wars that is your right ----I will have no part of that thought ----

Such is the idealism of God appearing as innate ... maybe incarnate?

GeoFee -----you said ----For me the scripture points the way to the realization that God dwells within us.

I say -- Jesus who is the Word clearly say GeoFee how we receive the Holy Spirit who dwells in us ------one way only --according to this below ----We just cannot be saved any way we want to ----God gives us the way ----

NOTE : below ---it says The Word (who is Jesus) --brings us Salvation

Berean Bible Study from biblehub.com

---Romans 10

The Word Brings Salvation

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:

9 that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.…

I say --so lets see --From Strong's Concordance

-confess ----
meaning ---agree, I publicly declare,

Believe ----4100
pisteúō (from 4102 /pístis, "faith,"

Heart
----- , inner man, ; Romans 10:9;

Justified ----1343 /dikaiosýnē ("divine approval") term used for righteousness ("God's judicial approval").

No, God has never pissed me off.

Now Jesus is another story. What's with all those enigmatic parables, my friend???

And Jesus my friend, what did you mean when you talked about the kingdom of God??? Did you mean the end of the present age or did you mean what is possible in the here and now? On this earth? Or did you mean both?

Couldn't you.have been a little clearer, Buddy?

Back