Happy Canada Day

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Lastpointe

Reaction score
Once again, July 1. A different year. Maybe a chance for less indulgence and more thoughtfulness. In what we love about Canada, what we dislike. What we hope to change. What we dare to dream

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
We have a wonderful country in a lot of regards. Still needs work, but we're doing pretty well. So let's party (virtually)!

For Canada Day 2020, hot Burlington pop band Walk Off the Earth have done a new version of O Canada (they do one every two or three years, it seems, even when they aren't getting invited to sing it at sporting events).

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
A song that should be a good contender for a new national anthem if we ever decide to replace that one

GO3838

Reaction score
I had a very "non-political" Canada Day.
I realized that my two teens and I have had far too much screen time these past three months, so I decided to take us out to the closest provincial park, for hiking in the woods, swimming, lounging on the beach. (And leave your phones and other electronics locked in the car.) We had a "digital detox" day.
The water was surprisingly warm, and the woods were alive with birds and chipmunks. We swam, hiked, played frisbee and badminton. We ate the first of the Niagara cherries I found in the supermarket, and Cadbury's "celebration" chocolate bar of milk chocolate with exploding candy (which were the only fireworks going in my area, but I haven't had fizzy candy in years.) And we really enjoyed our "politics free" day.

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
Once again, July 1. A different year. Maybe a chance for less indulgence and more thoughtfulness. In what we love about Canada, what we dislike. What we hope to change. What we dare to dream
A Haven from Greyface
A good hockey game
The family oriented beaver
Canadaarm
Peacekeeping
KD National Dish
A Village
Millions of Powows

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
It wasn't very nice here. I tend to think of Canada Day as being hot, really wasn't the case. Less rain than yesterday, but still a lot of rain. If thing were normal we likely would have gone to a pub. Instead I ended up having a very long nap. Did some geocaching as the residents association hosted that - the rain stopped in the evening. Ordered some bubble teas after walking a fair bit (for me anyway) from a place further away from where we normally get and sadly weren't so great, but they were open. Briefly considered inviting people who live nearby over to hang in the backyard, distanced, since the break from rain lasted all evening, but after I stepped out realized it was too cool for it to be enjoyable. Stayed outside for about 15 min with the bubble tea, picked some of the first peas.