Hallowe'en 2020

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
A romantic ghost story. A Classic. The newer one is not as good IMO.
I read the book years ago but haven't seen the film. Maybe this year?

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
This one is good and actually scary.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
This one is good and actually scary.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Based on Henry James Turn of the Screw which also one of the James works referenced in Netflix's The Haunting of Bly Manor. And I am pretty sure there are other film and TV versions as well. Some of these old novels seem to get an adaptation for every generation. Look at my favorite novel Dracula.

Nosferatu, a silent from 1922, was the first film version of that novel, though it was unofficial and Bram Stoker's widow even got a court to order its destruction at one point (but prints survived, thank heaven). A beautifully creepy, atmospheric vampire movie.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
I am not good for scary movies. The news alone can give me nightmares. When I was a pre- teen, I had a sleepover with my friend, my parents were at the theatre, and we watched a movie that had eerie ghosts in it that were called “ globins” or so. Our bathroom has a closet right behind the sink which was only covered with a curtain. For months I was scared brushing my teeth, imagining globins behind that curtain.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I note the first comment mentions another remake on the way.
LOL. Was checking the coming soon tab in the Netflix app and, lo and behold, guess what comes out on Wednesday? Yep, the new version is a Netflix Original. Cast looks good, at least. Ben Wheatley is at the helm and he has a bunch of award nominations for past work. Haven't seen any of his films myself but one (High Rise) is on my radar since I read the novel many years ago. Do you have NF @ninj ?

Last edited:

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
LOL. Was checking the coming soon tab in the Netflix app and, lo and behold, guess what comes out on Wednesday? Yep, the new version is a Netflix Original. Cast looks good, at least. Ben Wheatley is at the helm and he has a bunch of award nominations for past work. Haven't seen any of his films myself but one (High Rise) is on my radar since I read the novel many years ago. Do you have NF @ninj ?
Unfortunately no. I may cave later though. I find there are shows that interest me all over the map, and finding one is hard.