Greens and Blooms

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Reaction score
When I was out yesterday, I went down a few side streets in the rain, and noticed some lovely flowers and plants and little gardens.

This thread is to share photos of gardens and greenery - wild outdoors or artfully landscaped, or whatever you like, is welcome.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
:love: The lushness of spring in Van. The one with the overhanging bower of that beautiful viney bush...(.please remind me what it's called), looks like someone's personal enchanted cottage....

Reaction score
some awesome community gardens, and rustic gardens. At one point the light and the water just made everything look fresh. A had a few happy accidents with my lens being blurred with water.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
I sent this pic of my neighbourhood to my family this morning and my brother replied:
” When is you time in exile over? You can’t be doing this by free will. When will you be allowed to return- or are you counting on climate change?”
They are well into early summer blooms there. My crocuses are now fading- which they had happening by end of February.
7E4F7401-79AD-4E8D-9076-0FED0A7BAA56.jpeg

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
I sent this pic of my neighbourhood to my family this morning and my brother replied:
” When is you time in exile over? You can’t be doing this by free will. When will you be allowed to return- or are you counting on climate change?”
They are well into early summer blooms there. My crocuses are now fading- which they had happening by end of February.
That's pretty much what I saw outside my window this morning.

Reaction score
View attachment 3520
This is typical, maybe even a late spring, for us - it's almost May. In 2010, we were laughed at in Vancouver, because it was about 15C on a few days, the cherry blossoms were out, and they had to make artificial snow on the hills. That was in February 2010.

Reaction score
I'm having trouble uploading one of the photos - it's from one of yesterday's gardens. I cropped it a bit more (seems to help when this happens), but I can crop much more or will lose too much of the picture.

GO3838

Reaction score
Gorgeous photos, everyone!

In my corner of the world, it's still brown and gray more then green.

My earth is still quite frozen. But a beautiful weekend is forecast, so things might just start to shoot up.

GO3838

Reaction score
No one commented. See the deer looking over the hedge at me? (
I saw the deer right away, Kimmio Laughterlove.

Do you like having deer visit your garden, or do you find they wreak havoc, and you'd rather not have them?

I have many birdfeeders, and with them I get many squirrels and a few chipmunks.
They don't leave me many strawberries (I think they think I grow strawberries just for them), but I love to
see them scampering and chattering about, so I don't mind.