Game – 100 uses for an old white queen-sized fitted sheet

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Seeler

Reaction score
Help me to find a use for a well loved queen-size I am planning to make peanut butter cookies this morning. Like they do on the cooking shows on TV, I am virtually taking them out of the oven right now. Have some while they're still warm. (

(Please forgive the Dragon. Those cookies were for red Baron's coffee cart over in the room.)

Egyptian cotton, well loved and used past the best before date. Worn thin near the middle in the upper right quarter (I can see through it.) More than 3\4 still pretty good.
It seems a shame to throw it out but I would be ashamed to donate it to a rummage sale.
Help me find a use for it, but making a game. One suggestion at the time please. Let's see how far we can go without repeating ourselves.
I'll go first.

Last edited:

Seeler

Reaction score
Use as a drop sheet on the kitchen floor while getting a home haircut.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
As a makeshift screen to show old 8mm home movies, or Kodachrome slides on. Drape it over a bookcase, and voila.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Use it to cover old furniture or other items you are storing to keep dust off (I speak from experience here).

Seeler

Reaction score
Cut in squares and hem; crochet round the edges and/or embroider the flower in the centre and make a pile of old-fashioned handkerchiefs.

Seeler

Reaction score
Remember, you can post more than once, just not consecutively. We're aiming for 100.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Trim down to the thicker parts, get rid of the corners, hem. Now you've got a large rectangle of nice material, perfect for tie-dying, or batik-dying. Then you've got a large shawl, or a throw for the couch or a comfy chair.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Cut into strips, wrap around child, voila! Halloween Mummy costume!

Lastpointe

Reaction score
Cut into rectangles. Use elastic to make rectangles in scrunchit’s. Dye interesting colours. Give away to young teens.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
I bet you could get a pair of simple pillowcases from that. You can decorate the hem with sewn on lace or embroidery.
Cotton cleaning rags are the best. Maybe the thin areas can be cut up for those.

Reaction score
Cut the elastic off, leaving at least a 6 inch strip of fabric attached. Cut the whole thing into headband/ hairband sized pieces. Fold them or loosely roll them, then attach the ends. They could be painted, dyed, embellished with beads or sequins, buttons, etc. or embroidered.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Cut the elastic off, leaving at least a 6 inch strip of fabric attached. Cut the whole thing into headband/ hairband sized pieces. Fold them or loosely roll them, then attach the ends. They could be painted, dyed, embellished with beads or sequins, buttons, etc. or embroidered.
Similar thing, the headbands as ear savers for wearing surgerical masks, requires a few buttons.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Cover the back seat of the car when the dog/cat is along for the ride.