Fleetwood Mac original member Peter Green is gone

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Most people of my age and younger know Fleetwood Mac from the Rumours and later era, so Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Lindsay Buckingham, Stevie Nicks. But that wasn't the original band. Only Mick and John were original members. Today we lost Peter Green, who was the original guitarist-singer for the band, but left in 1970. Prior to Fleetwood Mac, he had replaced Eric Clapton in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, which is where he met Fleetwood and McVie. Sadly, drugs and mental health issues played a role in his departure from Mac and eventually ended his music career for a long stretch, though he resurfaced in the nineties. He was 73.

Some Green-era Fleetwood Mac:

A much blues-ier sound than the later, more familiar lineup, eh.

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Have you noticed the parade of these folks out of here ... right into the domain of nothing?

The mass shape shifter at work as an unseen power ... and we are sucked in ... past the point of know returns? Give until it hurts ... data scatter! Standard deviants ... the conflict of data vs the will to go on ... what was that word? Dis ingenius ... or just dissed!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Have you noticed the parade of these folks out of here ... right into the domain of nothing?
Let's face it, that whole generation that shaped modern popular music are in their seventies and eighties now. We'll be losing a lot of them over the next decade. I am actually surprised by how many are still around and active, esp. guys like Jagger and Richards that most people probably thought would die young.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Let's face it, that whole generation that shaped modern popular music are in their seventies and eighties now. We'll be losing a lot of them over the next decade. I am actually surprised by how many are still around and active, esp. guys like Jagger and Richards that most people probably thought would die young.
Chronic fatigue syndrome? Enflamed ...