Facetime with fam

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

KayTheCurler

When my phone alerted me to a Facetime call thought it would be my daughter or a grand. They frequently contact me that way. To my amazement though, it was a person I haven't spoken to since 1969. At that time she was nine years old! It was my brother's oldest kid that stayed with their mum when the marriage broke down and contact was lost. . I still can't believe how delightful it was to hear her voice and gather news of her life , family and siblings.

When my phone alerted me to a Facetime call thought it would be my daughter or a grand. They frequently contact me that way. To my amazement though, it was a person I haven't spoken to since 1969. At that time she was nine years old! It was my brother's oldest kid that stayed with their mum when the marriage broke down and contact was lost. . I still can't believe how delightful it was to hear her voice and gather news of her life , family and siblings.

Lost sol es?

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. Glad you got reconnected. I think that one blessing of social media and Internet communications in general is making these kinds of connections and reconnections easier.

My worst fear is that I will accidentally FaceTime someone when I am in the bathroom or getting dressed or something! Glad your FaceTime experience was so wonderful!
I always decline Teams calls (nearest equivalent in my daily life) when I'm in the loo. Can always send a chat letting them know I'll call back in a few minutes.

Yes...if you know what you're doing. I'm the Grandma who says "Can you end the call? I don't know how to".
I am not familiar with Facetime due to my dislike of Apple but Microsoft's two products, Skype (personal) and Teams (business), both have clear "Decline" buttons. Of course, the video calling component of Teams is basically just tarted up Skype, hence the similarity.

Back