Election Wonderpoll 2019

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Who are you intending to vote for on October 21?

• Bloc Quebecois (okay, I think mgagnon is the Quebecer on here but, hey, for c

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conservative Party of Canada

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Green Party

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Liberal Party of Canada

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • New Democratic Party

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • People's Party of Canada

• Undecided

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Not voting

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (discuss below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are people who are working towards a green economy in Alberta.

I'm torn about the pipeline issue and about the fossil fuels thing. We cannot just shut off the taps. We are all still dependent on them. In the meantime, we can find greener ways to run the industry while finding replacements.
We can’t keep sitting on the fence trying to play both sides. There isn’t enough time. At some point - soon - the shift has to be made assertively.

Actually, since you left, we all got together and decided to go it alone. We are building a 90 story directional drilling rig in GP and drilling a 96” borehole under BC to the west coast and building Island AB offshore from which to conduct world commerce.

That's quite the image. It might also be the only solution. :unsure:

That was too bad. Kenney got in based on lies. Notley had to clean up a big mess that was left. There was a lot of spin against her.
Sorry, can’t expect her to fix things when all your people are landscapers and bagboys in their teens. None with any experience. The finance minister would not even qualify as a book keeper. NDP and Trudeau have cost us dearly.

We can’t keep sitting on the fence. At some point the shift has to be made assertively.

This is not sitting on the fence. I would suggest you spend at least one winter in an area where it gets to actual -40 and where winter lasts 6 months so that you have some perspective. Actually, that's something I would recommend for all Canadians.

The singer was right when he said "my country is winter" (in French)

This is not sitting on the fence. I would suggest you spend at least one winter in an area where it gets to actual -40 and where winter lasts 6 months so that you have some perspective. Actually, that's something I would recommend for all Canadians.

The singer was right when he said "my country is winter" (in French)

We can’t keep sitting on the fence trying to play both sides. There isn’t enough time. At some point - soon - the shift has to be made assertively.
You know when you make the shift???
When you have the alternative!!!
Prove you have an alternative!!!
Anywhere. There is no alternative, unless your alternative is to let everyone die.

You stop burning coal to heat houses the day you have an alternate source of heat, that simple!!!

NDP shuts down Alberta coal power stations with no alternate energy source in place. That may turn out to be murder. Or everyone will end up staying alive in shopping malls.

The left lives outside of reality, and if the right left them alone too long they would kill us all.

Start building alternate sources now...like wind...and start simultaneously fazing out oil until the other sources are fully operational. That goes for everywhere. That would also create a lot of jobs everywhere.

You know when you make the shift???
When you have the alternative!!!
Prove you have an alternative!!!
Anywhere. There is no alternative, unless your alternative is to let everyone die.

You stop burning coal to heat houses the day you have an alternate source of heat, that simple!!!

Exactly. That's why I believe it is important to spend a winter in an extreme cold part of the world. It's all well and good to make pronouncements from BC. It's temperate here. Shutting off the taps won't have such an impact. l shutting off the taps up north will kill people

54% of Iceland’s energy is geothermal.

That's happening.
Yes it is. But as non thinking people with great intentions but no understanding of reality don’t understand.

It is DARK in the winter. Wind is not reliable. So if you shut off your energy source, that is cheap and reliable. First you must have something to replace it with. Just do it once please. Then we will follow.

54% of Iceland’s energy is geothermal.

Iceland is volcanic.

Thanks for your honesty. Are you in a riding that will likely go conservative?

What do you see as the benefits of the CPC? I'm asking to understand, no judgement here.
Yes, likely to go conservatives, it's a partially rural riding.
Mike Lake is actually someone where I see him doing things and advocating for disability rights.
I'm not impressed with any of the leaders, so am going with the local candidates. I haven't looked into the PPC candidate really yet. And like I said with the Liberal, there's not much info out there.

Back