Easter people or Christmas people?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I say ------who to believe ---God or Jeremy Myers who is the author of the article posted in post #77 who contradicts God's word -----

Here is what God says about anyone who contradicts His word and teaches a different Gospel -------and Notice it is said Twice ----not just once ---but Twice

Galatians 1:8-9 (KJV)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Accursed meaning in the Greek -
(anáthema) is the root of the English word, "anathema."-------------- a man accursed, devoted to the direst woes Galatians 1:8; -----properly, place up, referring to something pledged (given up) to destruction; a divine curse/ban ("accursed"); an "oath-curse."

The God I believe in is not a murderous extortionist.

Jesus said "Love others as I have loved you." Love God and love your neighbor as yourself." If God is love, the murderous parts don't fit. Jesus' death should've been the end of worshipping that "god".

It seems to me, unsafe, that you worship scripture, not Love. It's more of an addiction - a prop - than a necessity, to worship the Bible itself, I think.

Last edited:
I have to wonder, "unsafe", if you're a real person or you are really putting on a good act. Your dedication to admonishing us for questioning the nasty stuff and insisting we take it literally or we're doomed, is something else. I know in my heart that what you are preaching is not right for me. It's not the gospel I have received. Nor do I preach it.

Last edited:
We can all preach what we want to suit what we want it to be ------that is the problem with all Religions ---they hate the real truth ----they like to sugar coat and water down God's Truth ------We all like the Love part of God but hate the Judgment and Wrath part of God -----don't believe it and din't want to hear about it ------yet it is all there right in His Truth of His Word ---

I like how people say ----Ya --all we need to do is Love our neighbour and that is good enough and God will let us in to live with Him ----unfortunately that is Command 2 ------We like to Skip the First one ------Love God first ---then neighbour -----without God in us ---we can't properly Love our neighbour ------and That Folks is the real Truth

Now here you you say this -------- Jesus said "Love others as I have loved you." Love God and love your neighbor as yourself." If God is love, the murderous parts don't fit.

I say -----Now here you say ----IF God is Love ---sounds like you have big doubts ----then you call God --a Murderous God -----
Well God is a Righteous Judgment God ----we Humans are Murderous of God and His Word ----we mock God ---We disbelieve God's word ----We sneer at God -----We disrespect God with our words and sinful actions -----We disobey God's Commands ----We Twist His word to suit our will and make it say what we want -------and the list goes on and on -------

We Murder God Kimmio -----God has every right to Judge us and place His wrath on all sinners who Reject His Son Jesus Christ who came and took upon Himself all that we Humans deserve ------and we have the ignorance and arrogance to say God is Murderous ------How disrespectful and Murderous of God is that for us to say -------

If God is love itself, it's love itself that we are supposed to be honouring. That's why Jesus, Son of God - said, Love God and like unto it (in the same way as) love your neighbour. There is no dividing line there. That's why Jesus came in human to love the sinners. They were those who other humans deemed to be sinners. He told us to love and not judge. Yet the only reason many people seem to use the bible is as a rule book on how to judge others. If one already knows what they are supposed to do - how they are supposed to treat others - and they do it. And they apologize and forgive wrongs both ways - there is no need for reading the bible over and over again, unless that interests you and your heart is already shielded against falling for the nasty parts of it. To do that is to have faith alone.

Last edited:
And back to Christmas. To celebrate the birth of new life and just and loving potential, practice goodwill around the world all year - wouldn't that be nice? The foundation is already there - that also doesn't require scrutinizing over the bible. It's the spirit in which Jesus came into the world that we celebrate - even those who don't know about the man. People of all walks of life can appreciate the significance of the potential of the baby born, any baby - those who will live into the future - - and the requirement to nurture the baby so it grows into its potential. You don't have to have any religion to have faith in that concept. It's accessible to all.

You said ------ That's why Jesus came in human to love the sinners.

No ---that is what you want to believe Kimmio ------you want to take the Scriptures and make it say what YOU want it to say and that is what False Prophets do -------the disregard the Truth and make up their own stuff

Jesus came to Do His Father's Will ---Kimmio ------God Is Love Kimmio ---God always loved all people with their sin nature -----so God didn't come--- to ---Love Sinners ----He always loved us sinners ------He loved us sinners when He was in Heaven ---

This is why Jesus came to this Physical Planet --------“I must preach the Good News about the Kingdom of God in other towns also, because that is what God sent me to do.”

Luke 4:42-43 (GNT)
Jesus Preaches in the Synagogues

42 At daybreak Jesus left the town and went off to a lonely place. The people started looking for him, and when they found him, they tried to keep him from leaving.

43 But he said to them, “I must preach the Good News about the Kingdom of God in other towns also, because that is what God sent me to do.”

I say

So you see you don't want to take the Truth and believe it and preach it ---you want to make up your own Doctrine of Love and preach it -----Jesus is telling you why He was sent ----to preach Salvation ----and that is the Highest form of Love -----but you reject that Love and make up your own love story to suit what You Want it to be -------and that is the Truth

The Kingdom of God is to be united by love for one another. In this world and into the future. God is love. The nasty parts don't fit the picture. That is the good news I received. That if I hold onto faith, faith alone in love alone - and the wisdom to guide us to acting out of love for the world. That is what we were always supposed to do. It's a timeless requirement.

Put it this way...if I had been someone like Abraham and I heard "God" telling me to kill my young son - I would know that was not the right voice I'm listening to in the first place. The right voice is that of my conscience which is in my heart and mind. That's the voice that told him to stop. A loving voice - a message from God who lives in the conscience and cared about both of them. And my heart is shielded from believing otherwise. The same with adultery. It's wrong because it's hurtful to ones partner they promised to love. If I committed it, I would know I wronged my partner. That would involve repentance and knowing better in the future.

Tell me what is wrong with that? Maybe we believe in different gods.

Last edited:
And back to Christmas. To celebrate the birth of new life and just and loving potential, practice goodwill around the world all year - wouldn't that be nice? The foundation is already there - that also doesn't require scrutinizing over the bible. It's the spirit in which Jesus came into the world that we celebrate - even those who don't know about the man. People of all walks of life can appreciate the significance of the potential of the baby born, any baby - those who will live into the future - - and the requirement to nurture the baby so it grows into its potential. You don't have to have any religion to have faith in that concept. It's accessible to all.
Here are some more interesting Bible verses for you:

Interesting sidenote: my birthday is coming up on Monday. Apparently, I will be sinning boldly, but believing more boldly still.

As to the thread, I note Paul has a lot to say about the Resurrection, about dying and rising with Christ. He, nor any of the other epistle writers, don't spend a lot of time pondering Christ's birth. Since most of the epistles predate the writing of the Gospels, the earliest Christians seemed to centre their faith more around the resurrection than around the birth. I think that's a fine example to follow. Not that celebrating Christmas is a bad thing; it does pay attention to the Incarnation, and reminds us that even Jesus had to grow in wisdom and stature. The the central emphasis is in the Resurrection. (see, for example, the entire fifteenth chapter of First Corinthians.)

Here are some more interesting Bible verses for you:

That just sounds like what "unsafe" would say. I am not just talking about idolize get a "birthday", but in living the spirit of Christmas everyday.

Interesting sidenote: my birthday is coming up on Monday. Apparently, I will be sinning boldly, but believing more boldly still.

As to the thread, I note Paul has a lot to say about the Resurrection, about dying and rising with Christ. He, nor any of the other epistle writers, don't spend a lot of time pondering Christ's birth. Since most of the epistles predate the writing of the Gospels, the earliest Christians seemed to centre their faith more around the resurrection than around the birth. I think that's a fine example to follow. Not that celebrating Christmas is a bad thing; it does pay attention to the Incarnation, and reminds us that even Jesus had to grow in wisdom and stature. The the central emphasis is in the Resurrection. (see, for example, the entire fifteenth chapter of First Corinthians.)
The problem is it goes around in circles and stays the same. Christ keeps dying and rising but we neglect the baby. I feel Christmas is most important because the baby had to be born in order to live among humans in the first place - still does - then if I feel that the child's potential is the most important in the big picture - I guess I am not to be called a Christian. That doesn't make sense to me, but if that's

They don't because it was a man's world and they took focus away from Mary.

Jesus called the Canaanite woman faithful. Canaanites were pagans. He apparently had no issue with pagans who were on his side, who understood that love means acceptance of and showing love to others of different religions. The Samaritans also had pagan practices and Jesus teaches that it was the Samaritan who helped the man left dying on the roadside. The Samaritan is the neighbour, not the priest or Levite (of special status) who walk past the injured man. He didn’t command that they change religions. He taught his disciples to respect people outside of their religious beliefs, and that what the Samaritan did for the man was what was important.

Last edited:
It’s those nuggets of insight - which maybe I needed to learn about to confirm it in my own heart and mind - that Jesus really just wanted everybody to get along like a functional family, and so that’s what God wants too. Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God. Jesus said his yoke was heavy but his burden is light. The Fundamentalist burden like unsafe’s is extremely heavy; feeling like one is supposed to be slavishly devoted to scripture is a heavy burden too. Believing that to love is our calling (going to church and learn the bible inside out may not be it); that’s not a heavy burden. The whole human race has never committed to getting together to thrive together. It would be a different world.

Last edited:
Jesus is the word Kimmio -----the word is Jesus -------the word became Flesh ------the word is God ------you can't believe one part of the word and disregard other parts ---it is all one --it is Jesus ------and that is not according to me ---that is according to Scripture ---you can blame me all you want to but that isn't going to change what the Scripture really says -------

John 1:14 (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I didn't Write that scripture ----God did ---I can't change what it says and neither can You or Waterfall or Redbaron or anyone else on this sight or in this world -------All I can do is believe what it says -------all you can do is disbelieve what it says -----it is all about what we want to believe or what we do not want to believe ------Scripture will never change ----our personal BELIEF is the only thing that determines what we want to see as the Truth or to see as a Lie -------

It says Jesus is full of Grace and Truth -------so the word has to be truth as Jesus is the word who became Flesh ------but some want to believe it is a lie ----while others like me believe it is the actual Truth -------

The Truth Hurts and it makes us Humans uncomfortable ------so we want to sugar coat and water down the actual Truth cause it is to harsh to bear ------but God doesn't change ----the Word is God ------that is the real Truth of the scripture ----so what do we do with that -----we through it aside and make up our own Gospel to suit our need of not being hurt and offended ----But God will still be True to His word ------God actually exalted His word above His Name ---that how important His Word is ------

Psalm 138 (NKJV)
The Lord’s Goodness to the Faithful
A Psalm of David.
138 I will praise You with my whole heart;
Before the gods I will sing praises to You.
2 I will worship toward Your holy temple,
And praise Your name
For Your lovingkindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
3 In the day when I cried out, You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my soul.

I say -------This is from -----study light web sight commentaries ---on verse in red ---you can read more commentaries on this -----I just posted this one -----

Charles Simeon's Horae Homileticae
DISCOURSE: 729

GOD’S WORD MAGNIFIED

Psalms 138:2. Thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

What honour God puts upon his word—

“He magnifies it above all his name,” that is, above every thing whereby he has made himself known to mortal man. He has revealed himself in part, by his works of Creation and Providence; but far more abundantly by his word. He has sent it to us,

Of course people can change scripture by how they interpret it.
Not only that, we've actually added to it.....such as in Mark and the beloved story of the woman who was going to be stoned.
Also for years we blamed the Jews for Jesus' death and also condemned homosexuality in our churches, the crusades were sanctioned by the church and native children were taken from their families and on and on.
Today is Canada Day and white folks celebrate the nation....but not the indigenous natives who see it as being overtaken by colonianism.
So I think Jesus would approve of Kimmios version that focuses on love and grace.

Waterfall ---you said ---- Of course people can change scripture by how they interpret it.

And Just how would you yourself interpret and change this scripture ----- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Back