Dogs in Cars

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Good for you. I didn't. I'm not sure where I'd learn it. I don't think a lot of non-dog-people know.

If you lived in my neighbourhood, you'd know. Lucy's dog walker is a retired teacher, and he makes a point of telling people who wonder about it. It's a very good project, in that it's something you can teach kids to look for, and respect.

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
I assumed a yellow ribbon dog was a canine veteran with ptsd.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
That would be Lucy. I was owner #4 and she'd been in the pound, twice, when I acquired her at 18 months. At 3 years old, she unfortunately suffered a very bad crush fracture of a leg, which resulted in many months of pain, vet visits, rehab.

She's all PSTD. I do what I can to keep her calm, but as a somewhat naturally anxious person, we're quite the challenging pair. We should probably both wear yellow ribbons.

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
Disease Prevention Rabies GIF by World Health Organization

Kindly provided gif

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
Some dogs are deliberately weaponized. That would be hard to prove unless there was a problem though. I agree about licensing. Then there's combat or police dogs for example. They are trained differently.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Then there's combat or police dogs for example. They are trained differently.

And quite frankly, they're specific dogs usually. I have cousin in England who has recently acquired a Belgian Malinois pup (a Belgian Shepherd). Look it up; for training and agility tricks, they are frigging amazing.

This particular cuz is a very experienced dog owner, and she's a Cub leader, so little Tully (rapidly huge Tully, lol) is growing up with proper respect for "littles" and tons of positive training.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
I read that pit bulls are bred to fight, have a high pain threshold and are known to even keep fighting when their skull is fractured. To get them to release their grip, people use a stick to pry the mouth open. They also bite differently, causing more harm. Talking about predisposition.
My friend, who works with kids in “ at risk” families says, all of her families that are involved in drugs have pit bulls- it keeps people away.

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
I ran across this personal piece morning about living with ageing dogs.
The page wasn't a paywall for me and I could read it. Hope that's the case.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
I read that pit bulls are bred to fight, have a high pain threshold and are known to even keep fighting when their skull is fractured. To get them to release their grip, people use a stick to pry the mouth open. They also bite differently, causing more harm. Talking about predisposition.
My friend, who works with kids in “ at risk” families says, all of her families that are involved in drugs have pit bulls- it keeps people away.

There is a pattern and always some exceptions ...

Exceptions mess up the institutional status quo in their fixations ...

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I ran across this personal piece morning about living with ageing dogs.
The page wasn't a paywall for me and I could read it. Hope that's the case.

So the trick with the Globe is that you get 10 articles a month, but articles marked with an icon of a key are subscriber-only. Those are usually opinion pieces, Report on Business analysis, and that sort of thing. I have to keep it in mind because I am a subscriber so have make sure I don't post "key" articles here or other forums.

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
So the trick with the Globe is that you get 10 articles a month, but articles marked with an icon of a key are subscriber-only. Those are usually opinion pieces, Report on Business analysis, and that sort of thing. I have to keep it in mind because I am a subscriber so have make sure I don't post "key" articles here or other forums.
Thanks. Won't be at all offended if you need to remove it.