Does politics make people stupid?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

As I suspected, Ford knew and did nothing until it hit the media.

You don't expect a high politician to own up until confronted? Some even create further lies to cover up the former as a coven ante ... folk are just like that lured to the incarnate ... as they like being drawn to something that just appears as it isn't ...

In the radical form ... this may appear as an institutional monument to what isn't a virtue ... dirty poles?

Seems to work well in the House with considerable mudslinging ... from a far-off vantage I feel so embarrassed for them but you can't say anything in proximity to oligarchs! That'd be deadly ... option? Say something they'd never understand ... like the limbic system versus Eve angels ... an odd conjunction! Hokey?

Did you know in ancient forerunners to Aramaic that Hoch is close to the autonomous sol? The reason on Honk Ais Tonks and horn blowers ... aus tous ...

Last edited:
Travelling abroad for a leisure vacation isn't wise, and she probably hoped nobody would notice - but at least she didn't deliberately put out a holiday video pretending she was at home.

He sat in front of the fireplace with a sweater on - and a gingerbread house beside him! That was a sneaky move. It wasn't 'just' a foolish move of, "I'll take a personal chance because I booked this trip a long time ago and, so I'll go on vacation quietly." It was "I'm going to go out of my way to make a fake Christmas Eve video and send it out to Ontarians thanking them for their sacrifices to keep vulnerable people safe." Thats next level - a little darker than the previous scenario. That's more on the calculated side than the stupid side.

How was his stunt found out?

Last edited:
Well, no, actually. I'm sure Richard Bott made a lovely Advent video, and maybe a Christmas one, too (apologies if I haven't checked them out). They were not made the day they were released. There's nothing about any combo of happy holidays videos that suggest they are made the day they are released, right?

It was stupid of him to go on a Caribbean vacation this year. But on his head, and now he's lost his job, even though Ford knew he was gone. What a bunch of screwed up wannabe hypocrites, i.e. normal politicians, *sigh*.

Well, no, actually. I'm sure Richard Bott made a lovely Advent video, and maybe a Christmas one, too (apologies if I haven't checked them out). They were not made the day they were released. There's nothing about any combo of happy holidays videos that suggest they are made the day they are released, right?

It was stupid of him to go on a Caribbean vacation this year. But on his head, and now he's lost his job, even though Ford knew he was gone. What a bunch of screwed up wannabe hypocrites, i.e. normal politicians, *sigh*.
Well I saw someone post a collection of photos - maybe photos originally posted by him - that show him shopping in a few small, what looked like local businesses, with his mask on - and the same day video of him by a fireplace (in same clothes). Even if it was made a few days or more beforehand - if he knew he was going to St. Barts, it was a shade more sinister than just sneaking away. However, I've read lots to suggest he set it up to look like he was at home.

I am a bit less cranky about this one. He owns property in California so travelling there to check on and maintain that property is a different situation than taking off for are away? a resort. Obviously, he should only go if he really has to but, again, if he owns property there, there's good reasons why he might need to go there.

Honestly, you own a property in another country and you don’t have someone taking care of it while you are away? Poor excuse.

OTOH, a non-political family of mine, owners of a house in Mexico, have gone there for the winter. They quarantined when they got there, will do so upon return.

But they're not setting examples for anyone, either.

I am a bit less cranky about this one. He owns property in California so travelling there to check on and maintain that property is a different situation than taking off for a resort. Obviously, he should only go if he really has to but, again, if he owns property there, there's good reasons why he might need to go there.

Not me

we have a house in Florida. We have a house watcher, people who we can call in to fix things. A pool company....... you have to for insurance costs. You can just lock the door and come back in six months

so no. I don’t buy it. Even if you are selling , that also happens seamlessly in the USA. We never once signed a document. All email documents

And I agree Bette. I know several people hi have gone south. Feeling they are just as able to keep safe there as here. But they are not also reminding people in tv to keep safe and stay apart

the one that really irks me is NDP MP NiKiki Ashton. She went to Greece to visit her sick grandmother. Omg. Tell that to the thousands who had their grandmothers die alone. Tell that to the thousands who wave at their grandmothers and mothers through windows. How tone deaf can you be

Tell that to the thousands who wave at their grandmothers and mothers through windows. How tone deaf can you be

Agreed. Tell that to the woman who celebrates her 85th birthday today, unable to see, speak to (except on Zoom), or touch, the man she has loved, and been married to, for 61 years. This is the situation that is untenable; we have to do something about it, I think.

Agreed

my cousin died alone. His children and grandchildren couldn’t visit him. His son was in hospital alone for three weeks. Luckily survived. No one visited him to help him feel better

totally tone deaf move. Glad Singh removed her critic role, but there should be more punishment for these stupid people. Whatever we think of Ford he at least demanded a resignation. Not sure what other leaders are thinking just letting it all pass

Some old psychic once said that knowledge was dangerous ... but didn't say to whom! It is said that many don't grasp the consequence if they don't read intuit! Soooo ... if you read little will a little intelligence assist in knowing the aforesaid dangers? Can this be grasped in high places where they say you should have a good grip of your ass ... or someone will have it for jousting at!

Then there is that other statement about what you don't know won't hurt ... if you dint understand the nature of the approaching hurtful chit knocked from the improperly grasped ass ... mules of the other republic? Couldn't be democratic as it doesn't socialize much.

Can you imagine someone that brags about not reading much and being wise beyond all others because of the consequence thereof considerable nonsense?

In short form ... expect great chitz to fly in southern zones ... can a schist storm make a leader joyful as demanded by some leaders regardless of the surrounding environment turning to crap as if one was up schist creek?

The votes must be crap ... for the 1st person in the corps to be annexed to such a heap!

Niki Ashton too, huh? Wow.

You know what? Some of these people, if they are to be believed (and at least a couple of them are likely legit) went to visit sick relatives. I guess they were willing to risk it - if they weren't allowed to take the risk there'd be no flights, but our governments have deemed some travel to be an acceptable risk and have kept airports and flights open and running - and were willing to risk losing their jobs over it. They had to know they could be scrutinized and they could be fired (or pressured to resign). They all seem to be accepting that and facing the music.

Those trips were more important to them than their jobs I guess. It's still a (somewhat) free country. They didn't break the law they broke employment/ party protocol. They made their choices and if I had a dying loved one I might do the same in their shoes. I feel differently about the ones who just went on tropical vacations. Especially the one who sent out the video greeting made in his living-room (or not) while he was in St.Barts. That was misleading.

Last edited:
Back