Do Not Worry.......is JEsus serious?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Nancy

I worry...not the pace the floor kind of worry, but definitely the lie awake at night kind of worry. Mostly I worry about things out of my control...which is an increasing amount of things! I know I shouldn't, but that doesn't mean I don't. It doesn't incapacitate me, yet, anyway. I worry mostly about the people in my life...not so much about me, or things. Even on Thanksgiving weekend my oldest son (soon to be 36 years old) divulged some work stresses. Yep...I went to bed worrying. And when you worry about someone you love, you feel physical pain. Did the worrying help anything? Nope.

jimkenney12

Watched B Positive last night and Gina was sharing her struggles with understanding the men in her life with the resident of the LTC where she worked. The resident replied that men are stupid and you can't help them. That got me thinking about some of the stupid things I did in my twenties. I realized part of my problem was that I was self-conscious, worried about how others might perceive me. This is an unhelpful kind of self-centeredness.

I then connected that to people dealing with tragedy. When an event impacts many people, the ones who seem to cope best are the ones who focus on others affected by the event. As long as we do not deny our own pain or grief, it seems that helping others, directing our focus away from our losses to what we can do for others eases the pain of our losses.

Cameron Trimble in her Thought for the Day today wrote about an interpretation of the Parable of the Good Samaritan. In this interpretation, the story identifies three kinds of people: robbers who are out to get what they can from others, people worried about what might happen to themselves in a situation, and those who worry about what might happen to someone else if they do not act.

Life in the reign of heaven requires being the third kind of person. In a community where the members are that kind of person, no one needs to worry about being hungry or naked. This sermon about worry is addressed more to the community than individuals.

Fundamental beliefs for such a community include trusting in the goodness of God, seeing abundance instead of scarcity in the world, and believing we are all connected, that our well being is connected to the well being of all of us.

Luce NDs

Watched B Positive last night and Gina was sharing her struggles with understanding the men in her life with the resident of the LTC where she worked. The resident replied that men are stupid and you can't help them. That got me thinking about some of the stupid things I did in my twenties. I realized part of my problem was that I was self-conscious, worried about how others might perceive me. This is an unhelpful kind of self-centeredness.

I then connected that to people dealing with tragedy. When an event impacts many people, the ones who seem to cope best are the ones who focus on others affected by the event. As long as we do not deny our own pain or grief, it seems that helping others, directing our focus away from our losses to what we can do for others eases the pain of our losses.

Cameron Trimble in her Thought for the Day today wrote about an interpretation of the Parable of the Good Samaritan. In this interpretation, the story identifies three kinds of people: robbers who are out to get what they can from others, people worried about what might happen to themselves in a situation, and those who worry about what might happen to someone else if they do not act.

Life in the reign of heaven requires being the third kind of person. In a community where the members are that kind of person, no one needs to worry about being hungry or naked. This sermon about worry is addressed more to the community than individuals.

Fundamental beliefs for such a community include trusting in the goodness of God, seeing abundance instead of scarcity in the world, and believing we are all connected, that our well being is connected to the well being of all of us.

The vessel of concept is thus still beyond comprehension ... and consequence is ... "we don't know"! T' Huss is lost ...