Dear Greta

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Jae

An interesting piece of writing here by Jason D. Hill, professor of philosophy at DePaul University in Chicago and a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center...

Here's my favorite of his paragraphs....

"The logical endpoint of your ecological vision would see us living in primeval conditions eking out an existence in jungle swamps in which we would regard poisonous snakes and man-eating tigers as our moral equals. We would have to adapt ourselves to nature rather than adapt nature to meet our needs, like all members of civilized civilizations do. Your vision would see us foraging for mushrooms and plants without knowing which were inimical to our digestive systems. Under your system we would swelter from heat, die from rampant plagues and starvation because there will be no air-conditioning units, no sophisticated plumbing and irrigations and sewer systems, no anti-bacterial soap made from animal matter, no pesticides and chemicals to sanitize our food and drinking supplies: just one primordial swamp of human putrefaction."

The reason I find this piece interesting is only because of his reaction to Greta and the climate crisis movement. I won't speak to any of the side issues which concern him.

Thanks for not putting this in the Extinction thread.
My thoughts: This guy must be one of the ones that bought his academic credentials rather than using his brain to achieve something. Other than insulting Gretta and her generation, he doesn’t even answer to the main point that Gretta is saying- this is not her message she is spreading, this is the result of scientific reports of international accredited scientist.
Insulting the younger generation does not help in solving the problem, which this guy doesn’t even touch. Clearly, he feels attacked and he reacts ” childish”- by a counter attack.

Another case of attack the messenger, rather than hear the message. You might note in the Hebrew Scriptures the same sort of thing happened to nearly every prophet, who is now canonized and admired. Seems to me Greta is in pretty good company.

Funny thing, too, looking at his argument that kids are not productive people for society ( yet), that he is a philosophy professor. Can’t say that I would consider that a significant productivity for a society unless he is using it to help us survive the climate crisis by supporting action for change. In this case he is rather counter-productive.
I am sure, smart as Gretta is, if she is going to bother with a reply, She will point that out.

This is something to mouss, meuse, muse about what the Washington Mews have done to us as cats of sacred order ... leaving us with nothing of substance ... thus an immaterial adealism ... as a God ... the impossible void!

Are there gaps in substance? Considering that an atom is mostly electron and proton of which sizes are approximate as the relative diameters of atoms ... we come up with a vague ration of space in an atom approaching 1: 1,000,000,000,000,000!

This is the reason mortals can't see it ... IT being a small thing in the eyes of love ... a blind visionary of impossible dreams unless you are central in the issue.

Doesn;t the Great Book say that you are either for or against thus eliminating the medial point? Thus all that is left and right are extreme poles ... in a sense of logic that is bound to go down like logos in humility under human law that states mortal, little folk shouldn't know ... thus they dance confined in an Impossible Dream of controlling what can't be seen!

In freedom of belief you can express that I'm crazy about minor items ... but these too may retreat as the sans of time ... a gamma lass ... or time machine that you can get stuck in ... due to mystique that some say doesn't exist as overlooked and mystically mis understood as it passes!

Some waste working to eliminate what is missed in their BS ... microworlds of all sorts ... giving base to grass roots ... spears of green?

Ever been shot through with Jae's vertigo? Imagine all alternate visions are against him ... when he is where he is where he is planted ...

I expect a new novel ROOTS on how Jae's rootism was moved ... yanked to the far east ... as I'm not allowed to use the other word as pole incorrection ... politically speaking ... the wonder of word that so little is absorbed ... wonderful that the dark and shady is forced out from the unseen innermost portions ...

Few have the BS that darkness in unseen as absence of shade that allow one transparency ... kind of like absolute zero doesn't burn! Ever put you hand into liquid neigh trojan. It has the reputation of being a mythical, hollow, hoars thingy!

Remember God creates much chaos as love ... why love is likened to pseudonyms like eros and cupids eras of time ... now gone by to allow hate to expand numbly controlling life-expansionism! Something you didn't wish to know and think about? Tis awesome to observe it going ... could it be a limited (mortal) life cycle so that it goes around like trumpeted environments into which we are confined by the outside cold, cold hart LANS?

There is a rumour that deep space is like that right to the core of our being/bean!

Thus etudes multiplied in aesthetic ontological studies ... poorly understood as*swell ... in the pool ... Salome? She was a solemn lass ... yet fluid!

Last edited:
Thanks for not putting this in the Extinction thread.
My thoughts: This guy must be one of the ones that bought his academic credentials rather than using his brain to achieve something. Other than insulting Gretta and her generation, he doesn’t even answer to the main point that Gretta is saying- this is not her message she is spreading, this is the result of scientific reports of international accredited scientist.
Insulting the younger generation does not help in solving the problem, which this guy doesn’t even touch. Clearly, he feels attacked and he reacts ” childish”- by a counter attack.
The truth is, I tend to be skeptical and denied climate change for a good, long time. Really though, at this point a person would truly have to be a proverbial ostrich to keep doing that. You may be correct in that the prof is counter-attacking. All that said, while it's her choice to make, I do feel Greta should have stayed in school longer. She's obviously an intelligent and gifted person.

The truth is, I tend to be skeptical and denied climate change for a good, long time. Really though, at this point a person would truly have to be a proverbial ostrich to keep doing that. You may be correct in that the prof is counter-attacking. All that said, while it's her choice to make, I do feel Greta should have stayed in school longer. She's obviously an intelligent and gifted person.

Do you now believe in the sans of time ... and how it can be done without? Thus the surrounding spirit of unknown myths and metaphors as pseudo form? A mews of an image in the desert as a cat? Gone in a flash like a streak in the marketplace as Smoor or smudge in ...

Some heros of a mass of people accept the smudge in place ... the smoke from Florida? Tis a variation of Hermes as Aerei messenger ... the point of bloody love with conspiracy ... planning the future of breeding as adequate husband Rae ...

You did know that conspiracy had the parallel word ... plot, plan, scheme ... that you would be eventually be planted somewhere? One goes to PET Seminary to learn of use of cemeteries. I learned by experience of labour of digging ...

Even animals know it is restful in a burrow until weasels and folk in ermine intrude ... tyranny! White and hairy ... as Henry VIII!

Anne as alternate ... Anis?

I won't speak to any of the side issues which concern him.
Like the possibility that he is an anti-christ incarnate. This is one dangerous person. Jason D. Hill (@JasonDHill6) | Twitter
My only criticism of Gretta is that it does appear that she has been co-opted by the UN. The reason I say that is she does not address the Military Industrial Complex as the primary offender of environmental destruction ... this should be the starting point for discussion ... IMO

Then there is the wrongs of Canucks against of the MIC ... like Marie Yovanovitch ... a negative patho*Djinn to the war mongers intent on surrounding destruction!

The green domain will grow upon us ... after the termination of dark powers as the lights of intelligent inquisition are put out by twitter power!

It is suggested the extreme right supports bringing down the tapestry ... by the boring and augering remains ... bone shards in eros and all that is left. I'll take the outside trek to the medial zone ... room to stretch a thought in angst of nothing can be done to offset evil in reality ... templar win? Consider it a sign ... muses in 9 vials ... ail'd! Such things sicken the emotions ...

Diplomacy must be dis assembled ... dissembling? Ain't that AB ithchii state with ration? Then what do the common folk know given we are supposed to be sacred ... shut-up and blind as some parties are held succinct!

Oh crap "succinct" means something writ as a script of the past ... and this should have been obliterated with the alternate to myth ... high stories? These are prescribed by winners ... successful BS!

Last edited:
There are so many angles from which to attack Miss Thunberg:

She's too young. She can't possibly understand. She should stay in school. Doesn't she fly on airplanes and drive on highways to get to these events? Doesn't that make her a hypocrite? Well if she sailed across the Atlantic that was expensive, so who is funding her? She's a puppet for the UN/climate scientists/the left. She's ignoring X, Y and Z, etc.

She's a young woman with a simple message. She wants people to take climate change seriously and listen to the scientists. Like we did with previous environmental emergencies. When the waterways became polluted, we started creating governmental environment agencies and gave them teeth with new laws. We changed the entire refrigeration and air conditioning industries to reduce CFCs and save the ozone layer. We reduced sulphur emissions so our rain wouldn't become weak sulphuric acid.

All those were science-led concerns, and we acted, often with regulation.

On climate change, we can't get anything done. Instead of the common liberal approach of regulation, the initial conservative approach was to put a price on carbon emissions. Now carbon taxes are decried as liberal policies by conservatives.

The mantra is to think globally and act locally. But it will cost money. So there is a lot of pressure on politicians to keep their promises vague and tell the little guy that carbon taxes will cost them a lot. Greta is the face of a younger generation who will still be here to deal with the effects of our decisions today. So look her and your kids and grandkids in the face, and tell them that carbon taxes are too burdensome. Tell them so that they will remember what you said long after you're gone. And then wonder what they will think of you when they are your age. That's what Greta represents. That's why leaders are attacking her. She's a threat.

The leaders of the previous two or three generations may have made a lot of mistakes, but they got some things right. They could look at their kids and say they overhauled entire industries, not for their personal benefit, but for the benefit of the next generations. There are a lot of leaders right not who can not say the same.

Last edited:
It seems to me that certain people would like to but her down. Their way of life depends on supplying fossil fuels.

There are so many angles from which to attack Miss Thunberg:

She's too young. She can't possibly understand. She should stay in school. Doesn't she fly on airplanes and drive on highways to get to these events? Doesn't that make her a hypocrite? Well if she sailed across the Atlantic that was expensive, so who is funding her? She's a puppet for the UN/climate scientists/the left. She's ignoring X, Y and Z, etc.

She's a young woman with a simple message. She wants people to take climate change seriously and listen to the scientists. Like we did with previous environmental emergencies. When the waterways became polluted, we started creating governmental environment agencies and gave them teeth with new laws. We changed the entire refrigeration and air conditioning industries to reduce CFCs and save the ozone layer. We reduced sulphur emissions so our rain wouldn't become weak sulphuric acid.

All those were science-led concerns, and we acted, often with regulation.

On climate change, we can't get anything done. Instead of the common liberal approach of regulation, the initial conservative approach was to put a price on carbon emissions. Now carbon taxes are decried as liberal policies by conservatives.

The mantra is to think globally and act locally. But it will cost money. So there is a lot of pressure on politicians to keep their promises vague and tell the little guy that carbon taxes will cost them a lot. Greta is the face of a younger generation who will still be here to deal with the effects of our decisions today. So look her and your kids and grandkids in the face, and tell them that carbon taxes are too burdensome. Tell them so that they will remember what you said long after you're gone. And then wonder what they will think of you when they are your age. That's what Greta represents. That's why leaders are attacking her. She's a threat.

The leaders of the previous two or three generations may have made a lot of mistakes, but they got some things right. They could look at their kids and say they overhauled entire industries, not for their personal benefit, but for the benefit of the next generations. There are a lot of leaders right not who can not say the same.
It made sense to them and their own futures, when they were young adults running the world. Now, a lot of it is lingering pride and arrogance. The biggest generation, on the whole (with exceptions to individuals), always made sure they got what they wanted - wealth and power - on both sides of the political aisle, regardless of whether or not it was needed. And I'm referring mostly to the white "middle class". Now here they are, 40 (to 50) years later, still largely operating the world (because they want to) and are used to it being all about them. It's changing, and they are terrified that they may have to admit they were ever wrong, move over, and yield to the wisdom of anyone younger. That's my slightly different take on it. Otherwise, I agree.

Last edited:
Purple violets ... shrinking stains in the green fields of Athenry ... purple whats ... the edge of night misinterpreted ... as the lights go out in Ghia!

How insecure do you have to be to be threatened by a child?

How insecure do you have to be to attack a child rather than the science she asks you to consider?

Apparently that insecurity is not an impediment to political or even academic success (provided your discipline is not climate science related).

I trust Philosophers' opinions on philosophy more than I do their opinions on climatology.

Yet double talk is the standard ... we should learn about it and its understanding because in the world of doubletalk ... we get the expression that common people shouldn't understand truth straight up. Even Jesus knew parables excellently better than the alternates ... authorities in the primary edifices ...???? Let us count the masses of triads!

Just listen to anything involved in folk trying to achieve political power! One way or the other ...

Agreed. Following the climate change denial money leads one to billionaires who made their fortunes in fossil fuels.

For some reason all these foundation-funded peace organizations and environmental organizations don’t want to acknowledge that the Military-Industrial Complex bears primary responsibility for global warming and climate change.

Perhaps because the “great philanthropists” funding the foundations profit so handsomely from militarism and wars?

It seems our environmental and peace movements could use what the great labour leader and working class revolutionary, William Z. Foster, advised “a good strong dose of anti-imperialist education,” connecting all the dots.

While the world's scientists and many of its inhabitants despair at the impact of climate change, corporate and military leaders see nothing but opportunities. For them, melting ice caps mean newly accessible fossil fuels, borders to be secured from 'climate refugees', social conflicts to be managed and more failed states in which to intervene. They are 'securing' their assets at the expanse of the planet and its inhabitants.

The race to the bottom!

Climate campaigners have started to slow down the fossil fuel machine, we need now to start throwing grit into the gears of the military-industrial-security complex.

Nick Buxton is co-editor of ...
The Secure and the Dispossessed - How the Military and Corporations are Shaping a Climate-changed World (Pluto Books 2015).

That latter portion of your script ... creates a great divine thing ... an economical GAP?

It generates great denial and elimination philosophy to trump all ... philosophy and logos being extent in their opinions! Even the POTUS admits he doesn't read!

At the bottom of the ground of being pits ... as we race down hill --- Dante? From there you can see the crack inj Erico! How to escape ...

Always view the Tao of Poo with different ayes ... keeps the tyrants stirred ...

Back