Crazy Uncle ...

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Luce NDs

Given the opportunity would gods take advantage of naivete in the folk bean lured into giving it all up?

Thus UN Clæ is generated from all the antes that lay before us ... pres v(i)ous? It is a following Latin letter with even more ancient connections as word and the 4-running icons evolved as Zion ... some say a sign from out of time ... half-baked in Babylon as brick a brack and ancient tables ...

Abstract 've the roots of present thought as gospel MS'd ... as inked fairly well unknown to fill the needs of those prescribing that we common folk (homo sapiens) shouldn't know ... and thus the living experience of loosing it ...

You don't have a BS? Upon looking around the autonomous can observe where it went given the opportunity ... into the unknown ... its dark ... kinda abstract!

Is it best to lock up certain factors ... thus the enslavement of psyche ... that' Sur ... the BigUn ...

I watched the second presidential debate. Trump tried to bully and lie his face off, as usual. The moderator kept them on track better this time. Maybe it was the mute button that helped. Biden wasn't exactly impressive to me, though.

I really think there ought to be a mandatory retirement age for presidents - generously, say, 70 -unless they are serving their term when they turn 70. On one hand to say that might be ageism. On the other, there's some cognitive dissonance between recognizing seniors as a vulnerable population (not speaking merely of covid), and on the other - having elderly men running for arguably the world's most important job (or one of them, anyway).

My stepdad is Biden's age. He keeps saying he's too old for any stress (he's fairly healthy). He's at an age where he wishes he had more help to do everything he does himself - that he should be able to relax and enjoy retirement (all his kids and his wife have problems and he worries). He should have that. That was the expectation he has always had of seniors and what he wants for himself. Yet, President is pretty stressful - and I'm looking at a man up there on stage who reminds me of my stepdad. He also reminds me of my grandpa when he was really getting up there in years.

Why are seniors still running the world, not relaxing and retiring? They made up a bulk of Trump voters, too. Seniors have voted largely Republican in the US since 2004.

Last edited:
Why are seniors still running the world, not relaxing and retiring?

On the other hand, you have people like Alanis Obomsawin, the indigenous woman who got the Glenn Gould Prize, who are still capable of accomplishing things into their eighties or nineties. She is 88 and was off directing a movie when the prize committee tried to reach her to tell her they were awarding her the Gould. Why tie someone's hands just because of their age?

I'm sorry to say I have to agree with you here, keeping in mind what you said about the stature and magnitude of the position. There does get to be a point when it's time to say goodbye and make a graceful exit. Although Obama could be 107 lol.
My experience is that older people usually stay employed because they're needed. Often called out of retirement. I'll bet there are clergy on this board that can attest to that.

Last edited:
In some traditions ... old judges are stacked in cemeteries ... and few know any better for it! Naivete reins ...

Really! Is that ignorant?

Back