Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I still don't understand. What does unhealthy have to do with anything? BC is giving third doses in the same order as they did first. That means health workers are getting vaccinated.
Right, they fit into a category where they do not have the maximal mRNA protection from 2 doses and it's over 8 months ago.

Here is AB's healthcare worker criteria:

Health-care workers (starting Nov. 8)​

• Eligibility: Health-care workers who provide direct patient care and who got a second dose less than 8 weeks after their first dose can get a third dose.
  • When to book: Must wait at least 6 months after second dose.

Getting people 3rd doses at 6 months means getting many who were vaccinated prior to July 1 prior to Jan 1.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Right, they fit into a category where they do not have the maximal mRNA protection from 2 doses and it's over 8 months ago.

As I said, they are their own category. BC is giving out third doses on the schedule as they did first. Health workers are likely getting theirs now.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
I don't see that from the information on BC's site. Could be out of date

I just checked with a friend who's a nurse here in town. They are getting their third dose six months after their second. Her coworker has received an invitation to get the booster. She is waiting for hers.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
For the 5 year olds cut off I'm a bit disappointed. With how things were done, including AZ, they were using birth years. Because of how it was approved though, the kids have to have hit their 5th birthday. So my youngest nephew either has to wait until the summer, or until they change the criteria. When they first started talking about approving it for the younger age groups I thought he could possibly be eligible in Jan.
I understand the decision, but it is a good chunk of kids who have longer to wait.