Covid 19 catch up

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

KayTheCurler

The COVID 19 situation meant that I made an effort to contact my more distant relatives in the UK. Some of them I interact with regularly, others not at all.

Today I discovered that my late nephew's two youngsters are doing very well. The daughter won scholarships to a very respected girls school. The son attends the Canterbury Cathedral Choir School. Now I have itchy feet because I'd love to hear him sing!.

In a state of the union ... being a broken people ... should the alternate be shot to make room for the contrary to heaven as a state of mine?

It is a means of some sort of ends ... unless one screws oneself into the muck ... like Molly the infamous clam ... and underground critter resembling a hard psyche!

As you can see all mortal and limited things are physical ... they mean nothing to the essence beyond us! High Flyers out on the Dunnes ... san blast ...

Molly says ... "one foot at a time" ... deire meiδ ... mead is close to a hunnid solution! If unified suck it up ... how whirled leaders loose IT ...

Last edited:
I'm sorta regularly in contact with my 'main' english cuz most of the time via facebook, occasionally e-mail. We've ramped it up a bit. My kids and I tend to be a bit erratic (busy, not un-loving), but we've been less busy (them, really, because they both work in the hospitality industry), so there's been more facebook chats, more town of salem games.

My sister started a family news email with all the nephews and nieces, first time I got all their emails. Nice way to check in. One nephew is a police officer right in the centre of Berlin which includes two train stations. It was tough before Covid, downtown drug scene, but now they have to reinforce pubs being closed and groups to dissolve.

We just had a nice "happy birthday" phone call to a friend who returned from Florida a few days ago. It was nice to hear her voice and catch up on stories. Novel thing to pick up the phone & call rather than e-mail or text!! o_O I've called a few other folks too, and am trying to give my Dad a call every few days. I'm happy to have access to a good long distance plan with my phone.

I am a bit pissed off right now. I am totally destined to get this f***ing thing, and it's like a steam train coming, and I don't know how to get out of the way. My (stupid, in my mind right now) sister, went to Cuba, when she knew she shouldn't. She had some plans in place, like, when she got back, more or less moving into a separate space downstairs. But didn't her car break down on the way home, after getting back here, and the guy she shares a house with had to come rescue her. Will he self-quarantine for two weeks? Not a f***ing chance. This is the sort of idiocy we are dealing with. GO USE THAT f***ING SOUP MIX AND FLOUR YOU OVERBOUGHT, COVIDIOTS.

I am a bit pissed off right now. I am totally destined to get this f***ing thing, and it's like a steam train coming, and I don't know how to get out of the way. My (stupid, in my mind right now) sister, went to Cuba, when she knew she shouldn't. She had some plans in place, like, when she got back, more or less moving into a separate space downstairs. But didn't her car break down on the way home, after getting back here, and the guy she shares a house with had to come rescue her. Will he self-quarantine for two weeks? Not a f***ing chance. This is the sort of idiocy we are dealing with. GO USE THAT f***ING SOUP MIX AND FLOUR YOU OVERBOUGHT, COVIDIOTS.
Aren't there laws over there covering that now? I know things are stricter there compared to here at the moment.

There are but something like 950000 Canadians came home in a one week span nationwide. Do health units and similar have the resources to police that?

People came home because we were told too. In addition , many out of country health plans specified that they would not cover you.

something that has surprised me is where people were

so many on cruises. So many in Peru. So many in Morocco

and I was surprised to read, that at any one time 3 million Canadians are out of the country. Not sure if that includes Canadians who actually live in other countries or not. But it was surprising. Almost 10% of the country is away at any one time

People came home because we were told too. In addition , many out of country health plans specified that they would not cover you.

something that has surprised me is where people were

so many on cruises. So many in Peru. So many in Morocco

and I was surprised to read, that at any one time 3 million Canadians are out of the country. Not sure if that includes Canadians who actually live in other countries or not. But it was surprising. Almost 10% of the country is away at any one time

Out of 30MM ... is that the best 10%? I bet they believe so ... others eternally wonder in the dark ... cause the best and bets are the powers that will stupify ... they didn't wish us to know of sacred agendas ... something to believe if queried? Naivete personified ...

I found video chat on facebook messenger easy to use to chat with a niece in Grenoble France. She is symptom free but chose to stay rather than travel. She is writing some papers for her grad school (in France) and self isolating in an Apt. Like the rest of the city.

I use Whereby as an easy way to video chat - free if you have 4 or less participants in your call at one time. It has been reliable & easy - had a nice video call with our dtr yesterday - first time in a long time, as for the past year or so she's mainly been calling us from her car while driving to work on Sundays (no video while driving!!) - so it was good to see face again! She found Whereby easy to log into, and was saying she'll get her new fella to try using it out with his family who are in UK.

My daughter who is on a cruise ship at a dock in France set up a family group for messages and video chat. We have never got everyone together at the same time - but it is still fun. If I was going to worry about this I wouldn't know which of us to worry about. So I'm taking lots of deep breaths throughout each day and waiting to see how it all plays out. We are planning a short walk n the country later looking for returning birds.

I heard a grandma this morning saying that every day at 4pm she has an online half hour 'Zoom meeting' with all of her 7 grandchildren - from 3 different families - and they've been having a great time time together. She said the cousins are having fun with seeing each other much more often than they usually do, as they live distant from each other.

I have become acquainted with Skype just recently.

What else can you do when your three year old granddaughter insists she wants to "video chat" with Nana? :)

Since Mrs. M now has a Zoom account through the university that she uses for "virtual office hours", we have starting using that for our chats will Little M, too. Works fairly well, too.

Back