Conversations with daughter

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

chansen

Still waiting...
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Had a great one today. On the chairlift, she was talking about riding it last week with some teammates - other girls - who were busy talking about which boy on the team should date which girl on the team. These girls are all 11. All the kids on this team are 11. Which alone is funny to me because the boys are busy making fart jokes. They are oblivious to the matchmaking going on in the background.

The girls then got around to asking my daughter which boy she wanted to pair up with on the team? Remember, this is the end of the winter and these kids have now spent 10 weeks racing and training together. My daughter just said, "I don't know. I haven't bothered committing any of their names to memory."

So, 11 is grade 6?

Aah, the memories of those years.
Interesting how society does the presumption re heterosexual desire as well as sexual drive.

Good for her for a clever retort.

Had a great one today. On the chairlift, she was talking about riding it last week with some teammates - other girls - who were busy talking about which boy on the team should date which girl on the team. These girls are all 11. All the kids on this team are 11. Which alone is funny to me because the boys are busy making fart jokes. They are oblivious to the matchmaking going on in the background.

The girls then got around to asking my daughter which boy she wanted to pair up with on the team? Remember, this is the end of the winter and these kids have now spent 10 weeks racing and training together. My daughter just said, "I don't know. I haven't bothered committing any of their names to memory."

The mutual disposal goes on ... until the mystery crops up! Then dissonance and troubled waters ... and all is normal again!

Both my kids raced from 7 or so to 18. More or less the same group of kids. Likely there were 25 kids that rotated through various teams of 13 so you got one or two new ones to the crowd each year

I hope Claire has the same experience we did at the Peaks. Great racing. Great coaching and a crowd of kids who became great buddies. Some of them still congregate on the hill together now as late 20 and early 30 s and it’s wonderful. Many went on to coach and do level 1-3. Don’t think any did level 4 coaching

None of this kids ever ended up dating each other. I think there were the occasional crush situations but mainly it was who is fastest through the gates!

One of my racers dated and eventually married another of my racers. It's still weird for me.

I've applied to be the U14 coach for my daughter's team next year. I coached the special U12 Mastermind Invitational race today and tomorrow at Devil's Glen. It was fun to be coaching again. I did it for 10 years in the 90s.

Oddly, I'm faster now.

Back