Conspiracy Of Silence Conspiracy Theory ...

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Ritafee

IAMWHATIAM
Reaction score
@Mrs.Anteater said:
  • Looking at the threads lately I am worried about the space conspiracy theorists are taking up at WC2
  • without much resistance ( which likely doesn’t change anything anyway), and I am thinking it to be a mirror, sadly, of society at present.
And in other threads today ... Conspiracy Theory was brought up a few times.

I am often derogatorily referred to as a conspiracy theorist within WC2...
  • taking up space without resistance?
  • mirror, sadly, of society at present?
Breaking down the thread title by my definitions ...

Conspiracy Of Silence:
Under cover agreement to keep silent about an occurrence, situation, or subject in order to promote or protect powerful/selfish interests.

Conspiracy Theory:
Theory that seeks to explain an occurrence, situation, or subject as the result of covert (undercover) plotting of powerful/selfish conspirators.

"If we see the truth of crimes or corruption in government, and we don't say something about it, we're not just making the world worse for our children, we're making the world worse for us, and we're making ourselves worse." - Edward Snowden

Freedom of speech does not mean much if people do not have the space to figure out what they want to say, or share their views with others .

I thought that was the kind of space WC2 was designed to be. Was I wrong?

Luce NDs

Reaction score
I am reading Anonymous' A Warning ... and noted that the unseen author designates those quiet Republicans that share party space with the author are to be criticized for not speaking about what they see in dark party halls and hollows of justice ...

It may be defined as a sacred conspiracy to keep the crazy mob from knowing much .. allowing copies of history to go on aas bad myths. Myths being dreams of power sometimes, Power of:
  • of
  • Word
  • Thought
  • Stones
  • Bones
Eire it is all or nothing! There can be cognizance or you could loose it while under one ;of those powers ... perhaps power of the forgotten ... dead stuff! Might as well have fun with it as most deny the presence ... of unseen wisdom ... just don;'t grasp in under the choices offered ... most requiring work of learning the unknown ... Nutbeam's effort! It is just unknown ... as there is no alternate will ...

With support from The American's Are Coming --- Herb Curtis! Forest book ... it is said the power of word is inky ... given our lack of understanding a vast sea of em that are available for use and abuse by those that expose them as explicates ... emotional blasts?

Go fore IT ... get a grip on the unseen ... abstraction? Tis always incomplete ... time flows like a resting hydra ... suggestive of a story of rooting out ...

Last edited:

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
You are hardly the worst offender on that front, @Ritafee. Yes, I find some of the stuff you post pushes that button, but you don't seem to be pushing it that hard or to be as invested in it as some people I have encountered in other online spaces. Of course, anyone is free to post conspiracy theories. Just remember that others have as much right to debunk them and call out nonsense where they see it.

Ritafee

IAMWHATIAM
Reaction score
Just a few offending Conspiracy Theories that I would like to see debunked:
The Conspiracy Theory that Vaccines are Safe - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that Herd Immunity is Possible - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that Mandatory Vaccination is Not Medical Tyranny - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that The State Owns My Body - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that The Official Narrative Is Right - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that War is a Necessary Evil - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that Billionaires Deserve Respect - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that Government Funded Science Is Objective - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that Morality Can Be Licensed - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that Restorative Justice Is Impractical - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that Growth Economy Is Sustainable - nonsense
The Conspiracy Theory that It Is Possible For One Politician to Rule A Nation - nonsense

Last edited:

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
The Conspiracy Theory that Vaccines are Safe - nonsense
No one argues that vaccines are 100% safe for all humans. They argue that the benefits outweigh the risks.

The Conspiracy Theory that Herd Immunity is Possible - nonsense
Of course it's not nonsense. How do you think we conquered smallpox?

The Conspiracy Theory that Mandatory Vaccination is Not Medical Tyranny - nonsense
It's not "mandatory" most places, unless you wish to access the public education system

The Conspiracy Theory that The State Owns My Body - nonsense
I'm not sure where you're going with this one. I'd argue that Canadians pretty well have bodily autonomy. We have MAID and DNR, we have abortion rights, we have the right to refuse medical treatment. Our charter is a reasonably rigorous one, our Supreme Court less partisan than some.

The Conspiracy Theory that The Official Narrative Is Right - nonsense
"Official narrative"? This isn't China

The Conspiracy Theory that War is a Necessary Evil - nonsense
There's quite a few pacifists here and elsewhere, I think.

The Conspiracy Theory that Billionaires Deserve Respect - nonsense
I'm sorta into murdering them, but that's just me.

The Conspiracy Theory that Government Funded Science Is Objective - nonsense
It's a hell of a lot more objective that corporate-funded science. Who do you propose should fund research?

The Conspiracy Theory that Morality Can Be Licensed - nonsense
I completely don't understand this statement. Of course no one can license or legislate morality. However, guidelines for practically dealing with harmful behaviours, like "don't murder people, don't rape them, don't dump your garbage illegally, don't torture your children/critters" are helpful for distinguishing between good community behaviour and bad.

The Conspiracy Theory that Restorative Justice Is Impractical - nonsense
I don't know who is arguing that. There's a lot of talk about justice systems that lose the focus on retributive justice; problem is that our judicial systems are based in ancient Roman, and later, English, law. Both tend to the punitive.

The Conspiracy Theory that Growth Economy Is Sustainable - nonsense
I don't think anyone really practical believes that perpetual growth on a limited planet is possible.

The Conspiracy Theory that It Is Possible For One Politician to Rule A Nation - nonsense
That takes us to a discussion of various political systems. It's not clear to me that there's a clear successor to Capitalist Democracy, but we need to try to identify some needed changes, agreed. I think that dumping the "first past the post" would be a good start.

Ritafee

IAMWHATIAM
Reaction score
No one argues that vaccines are 100% safe for all humans. They argue that the benefits outweigh the risks.
The Conspiracy Theory that Benefits of Vaccines Outweigh the Risks. - Nonsense
Of course it's not nonsense. How do you think we conquered smallpox?
The Conspiracy Theory that Smallpox Was Conquered Through Vaccination. - Nonsense
It's not "mandatory" most places, unless you wish to access the public education system
Education is compulsory up to the age of 16 in every province in Canada, except for Manitoba, Ontario, and New Brunswick, where the compulsory age is 18, or as soon as a high school diploma has been achieved. In some provinces early leaving exemptions can be granted under certain circumstances at 14.

The Conspiracy Theory that Public Schooling Is Not Indoctrination - Nonsense

I'm not sure where you're going with this one. I'd argue that Canadians pretty well have bodily autonomy. We have MAID and DNR, we have abortion rights, we have the right to refuse medical treatment. Our charter is a reasonably rigorous one, our Supreme Court less partisan than some.
The Conspiracy Theory That Rights Can Be Legislated by Government- Nonsense
I completely don't understand this statement. Of course no one can license or legislate morality. However, guidelines for practically dealing with harmful behaviours, like "don't murder people, don't rape them, don't dump your garbage illegally, don't torture your children/critters" are helpful for distinguishing between good community behaviour and bad.
The Conspiracy Theory that Violent Enforcement Of Laws Are Guidelines - Nonsense

Reaction score
There are good ways to stop viruses, and bad ways to stop viruses. Prevention, via vaccines, is generally good unless it's a very mild self limiting illness or one exclusive to certain places with warm humid climates one won't be near (like Malaria or tropical illnesses) . Authoritarian round-ups and crack-downs, and quarantines aimed at restricting movement of potentially (but not necessarily) already sick people, is the bad way. It's the hard way, too. If there was a massive un contained outbreak of measles because people wouldn't vaccinate, and the government decided the only way to stop it was to restrict peoples' basic freedoms - like in China with coronavirus now - you would not be okay with that @Ritafee! By misinforming about vaccines you are enabling the bad way.

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
You are hardly the worst offender on that front, @Ritafee. Yes, I find some of the stuff you post pushes that button, but you don't seem to be pushing it that hard or to be as invested in it as some people I have encountered in other online spaces. Of course, anyone is free to post conspiracy theories. Just remember that others have as much right to debunk them and call out nonsense where they see it.
Lighter conspiracies for illumination of things overlooked as firepits?

These things can be ignitious ...

Ritafee

IAMWHATIAM
Reaction score
Did not want to lose this article ... too tired right now to go through it ...

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Thus the pits of the horse race ... downers in the stable form of shovelling it ... Yeomen!