Condolences thread for Ritafee and Geofee' mother

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
@GeoFee has just mentioned in another thread that his mother passed this morning. @Ritafee is his sister, so that makes two members mourning a loss. This thread is for us to extend condolences and comfort to them in their time of grief.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
My condolences to @GeoFee and to @Ritafee. It is never easy to lose your mom even when expected. May she rest in peace and may your memories give you strength and comfort.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Condolences to both of you and your families. As mentioned above, even when it's expected, a loved one's death still comes as a jolt.

GeoFee

I am who I am becoming...
Reaction score
For more than a year we watched mum’s body decline. This while her spirit blessed each of us in a special way. It was a sad time leavened with peace and joy. Our sibling bonds have been strengthened as we chatted around mum’s death bed. We still have our differences. Our common ground is the spirit of care she expressed for the whole of her life. She lives on in us as her spirit lives in the company of all her passed relations.

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your loss Ritafee and Geofee. May your memories comfort you as you adjust to living in a world that doesn't include her presence.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
GEO, Rita ... this is a time of mixed feelings ... somewhat of a metaphor as we see a life changing event.

I sat through a parallel case this summer, and my Mum's older sister passed a few weeks ago, far away from surviving relatives.

There are times of sadness and blessing to be remembered ... it is all in the process ...

Thoughts are with you and you family!

chansen

Pleasant Enough
Reaction score
Reading the obituary, it sounds like your parents are directly responsible for a significant percentage of Manitoba's population.

I'm sure she saw a lot, including a lot of history, but that sounds like a life lived.

Take care.

blackbelt1961

Reaction score
thank you for posting this, I enjoy reading people's history coming to this beautiful country. I feel the generation before us were much more humble, maybe because they experienced ww1 & 2, and now all we experience is materialism, whos got the best of what.

looks like she was a great mom :)