Coming Soon: WC2 Illuminations - our "journal" of art and creative writing

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
As discussed in a couple threads before, we are using a new feature of Xenforo called Article Threads (yes, another new thread type) to create a blog-like forum. After looking over the name discussion, I decided "WC2 Illuminations" seems like a good title (wanted the board name in there).

The goal is a place for our creatives, bloggers, preachers, etc. to post their work for all to enjoy or learn from. It is a way to get some more original content on the site, something that is attractive to both potential users and search engines (which is how potential new user may find us).

The way it works is that the opening post of a thread is designed to allow for a longer post (like an essay or a high-res image). It also appears at top of every page of the thread, with replies below, acting as comments on the posted work. If you attach images, the first image attached will become a "cover image" that appears with the title of the thread in the forum view (I'll get a snip of the current one in dev and add it later).

We want all items posted in Illuminations to be original creations of the posters. This is not a place to post your favorite Youtube video (unless it's a video you created or are in) or to cut and paste an article you want to discuss. Those still go in discussion posts in the relevant forums. It also not a routine discussion forum. Please keep discussion starters in the relevant forums.

What could you post?
  • Sermons (text, video/audio, or both)
  • Essays
  • Stories
  • Poems
  • Pictures of your handicrafts (knitting, quilting, pottery, etc.)
  • Videos of you speaking, reading, preaching
  • Scans or photos of your visual creations (paintings, sketches, calligraphy, etc.)
  • Any other cool things you have created
We expect any items posted in Illuminations to largely follow the Code of Conduct rules, but will be lenient in the application of the rules where certain language or imagery is integral to a story or work of art. Best to ask a mod if you aren't sure. Potentially controversial content should be flagged with appropriate tags (e.g. "strong language", "nudity", "sexuality") and use of spoiler tags around images that might upset or offend should be considered.

There will be prefixes set up to identify the type of work (Essay, Story, Poem, Visual Art, etc.). Please use the appropriate prefix for your posts.

All new threads in Illuminations will be subject to moderator approval (but not replies/comments). This is to help keep spam out and also to confirm that content meets the requirements for originality and compliance with the Code of Conduct.

Also to help prevent spamming, new members will not be able to start threads in Illuminations until they have been members for at least 30 days and have 20 posts. Existing members will likely meet those requirements already for the most part. This will be enforced automatically using features of the software.

So what is the plan here?

I am going to take this live in, I hope, 1-2 weeks. In the meantime, I invite those interested in putting material on the site "day one" to contact me. I can give you preview access so you can post your material ahead of the launch. Goal would be to have 3 or 4 pieces there to get things rolling and once we get there, I will launch. I may contribute something myself but I also have a story competition on another site that I have promised to enter so I need to get those stories done, too.

Last edited:
On copyright:

I do suggest that you put a copyright statement at the beginning or end of your works if this is a concern. Licenses, such as Creative Commons, could be done the same way.

Protecting your copyright/license terms is your responsibility, but WC2 staff will assist as much as we can. If the source of a violation can be confirmed to be a member, we will remove their access to Illuminations and consider a ban as well.

If we discover that someone has posted something copyrighted by another person or entity, it will be removed and the offender will be banned from this forum.

Last edited:
Back