Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Happy headbanging ape!!
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Another new thread type is the Suggestion thread. It is similar to a question thread but instead of up- or down- voting the answers, you up or downvote the thread starter to signal your support for the suggestion.

So, I might suggest "Hey, lets add a forum for discussing weasels and stoats."

And then other can vote on it, argue about it (in replies), or make fun of me for even daring to suggest it (which violates the rules, but I digress).

Xenforo themselves use it for the forum where people can suggest new features or changes to the software. It used to work by having you "Like" a suggestion to vote on it, now it has voting buttons. They don't allow downvoting but it is an option.

I am planning to a similar forum for Wondercafe2 but if anyone has other ideas about how we could use suggestion threads, post below.

Here is a suggestion thread based on my silly example above. Note that only the OP has voting buttons and and a vote total.

1600529908996.png

It just seems to me that when someone starts a thread and if there isn't enough activity to keep it going, then that is all you need?

Then there are pine martens and other sto'tick sounds upstanding in the boreal forest! Could these degrade with the surrounding environmental attributes of characters?

Could lead to piled on icons ...

It just seems to me that when someone starts a thread and if there isn't enough activity to keep it going, then that is all you need?

I think you're misunderstanding my example. I wasn't suggesting a thread about weasels and stoats, but establishing an entire forum for them. Suggestions wouldn't be for threads, which anyone can start, but for new forums, rules changes, styling changes, etc. that need admin intervention or a software change. Proposals for study threads could be done as suggestions, too.

I think you're misunderstanding my example. I wasn't suggesting a thread about weasels and stoats, but establishing an entire forum for them. Suggestions wouldn't be for threads, which anyone can start, but for new forums, rules changes, styling changes, etc. that need admin intervention or a software change. Proposals for study threads could be done as suggestions, too.
Okay thanks....I did misunderstand you.

Back