click (1 x 1) and black screen

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Help please from our techie computer minds! Lately I've noticed that when I'm getting an email from a source using mailchimp (mainly church & regional council) I am not able to open links that are contained in the e-mail. I think my security (Kaspersky) is perhaps blocking that from occuring? The new tab opens & reads Click (1 x 1) and the screen is black. So - any suggestions about what I can do about this?

I've been trying to noodle around on google for help, but not coming up with a winning strategy so far. Seems like these are 'click tracking' systems used when the e-mail is sent out? I haven't changed any of my security settings as far as I know - and this is a recent change - maybe new default setting in Kaspersky? Sigh. Technology. Thanks in advance.
(Edit to add - I'm on my laptop, Windows 10, using google chrome)

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I am not familiar with Kaspersky save by reputation. Sounds like maybe they have a privacy component similar to UBlock that is blocking MailChimp's tracking mechanism.

If you look at the top right in Chrome, between the address box and the menu, are there any icons? Those could be apps/extensions. Hover over them and a pop-up should identify the one you are hovering over. See if any mention Kaspersky or have words like "block" in their name. With uBlock, I turn the blocking off for specific sites by clicking a button.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
I'll take a look Mendalla - thanks. I actually found the small print in the email & opened it to view in my browser & from there I could open all the links. Weird.