Churchianity (Religion ) and True Christianity What Is The Difference ?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

unsafe

Religion and Christianity ------

I personally believe that Religion hurts the real meaning of what Christianity stands for --------

Religion is man seeking God ----Christianity is God seeking man -----

This is a chart I found and it shows very well what I personally believe is the difference in the 2 -----

http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/helpseek/religion.htm

There is a great difference between CHURCHIANITY and CHRISTIANITY. Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE (Matthew 7:13-14). Many name the Name of Christ (2 Tim. 2:19) and claim to be Christians but few understand what a Christian really is. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD. May God help us to understand the difference between RELIGION and true CHRISTIANITY as set forth in the Word of God, the Holy Bible.

Religion -----"Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."

Christianity ----"Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9; Jonah 2:9).

Religion------- is summed up in one word :DO --man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.

Christianity -----is summed up in one word: DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).

Religion -----The religious man is busy "working" (doing good works) in order to be saved.

Christianity -----The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another.

Religion -----TRYING

Christianity ----TRUSTING (Acts 16:31)

Religion ----A Work to Do which is never done(How can anyone work well enough and hard enough to earn salvation?)

Christianity -----A Word to Believe(1 Pet. 1:25)about a Work that is Done(1 Pet. 1:18-19).

Religion -----Man hoping to save himself

Christianity ----God saving hopeless man (1 Tim. 1:15)

Religion -----is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).

Christianity------ is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross (1 Peter 3:18).

Religion----- is man trusting his own good works (Titus 3:5).

Christianity ------Salvation is man trusting the good work which the Lord Jesus did on the cross (Rom. 3:22-26).

Religion -----A religious ritual

Christianity ------A real relationship (John 17:3)

Religion ------Following rules Enjoying life (John 6:47; 10:10).

Christianity -----"I must reform my life and turn over a new leaf"" I must be born again" (John 3:7).

Religion ------Doing Something

Christianity---- Knowing Someone(John 17:3)

Religion ------Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God")

Christianity ------.Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him").

Religion ------Seeking to earn God's favor by works

Christianity ------Receiving God's favor by grace through faith (Eph. 2:8 and see Eph. 1:6).

Religion ------"I can work my way to heaven and earn my salvation" (Romans 6:23 teaches that we have earned our way to hell: "the wages of sin is death")

Christianity ------"I could never live well enough to earn my way to heaven. Christ had to pay the price for my salvation (1 Cor. 6:20; 1 Pet. 1:18-19).

Religion -------"Salvation is something that a person must earn."

Christianity --------"Salvation is a free gift" (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 4:10).

Religion --------The sinner sees himself as good (Luke 18:11-12)

Christianity -------.The sinner sees himself as sinful (Luke 18:13).

Religion -----The religious man compares himself with others (Luke 18:11).

Christianity ------The saved man sees himself as God sees him (1 Samuel 16:7; Psalm 53:1-3; Rom. 3:10-12).

Religion ------TRUSTING SELF(Luke 18:9)

Christianity ------TRUSTING CHRIST(Eph. 1:12-13)

Religion -------BOASTING INSELF(Luke 18:11-12)

Christianity ------BOASTING IN THELORD(1 Cor. 1:29-31; Eph. 2:9)

Religion -------"I have kept the law! I have done that which God has required" (Matthew 19:16-20).

Christianity -------"I have broken the law but I am trusting the One who came into this world to save guilty lawbreakers" (1 Tim. 1:15).

Religion -------A religious man trying to earn his way to heaven by works may be likened to a man trying to swim from New York to London by his own efforts and energy and strength. He will never make it!

Christianity ------The person who is saved by faith is likened to a man getting on a ship in New York and trusting that ship to bring him safely to London. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.

Religion -------The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness (Rom. 10:3).

Christianity --------The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).

Religion --------Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7 and see Isaiah 64:6).

Christianity -------Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of blood--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21; Rev. 19:8).

Religion -------CAIN'S RELIGION--"I bring to God the labour of my own hands" (Gen. 4:3).

Christianity --------ABEL'S FAITH--"I bring to God a blood sacrifice. An innocent substitute must die to save me" (Gen. 4:4).

Religion ------Hoping to be saved by good works(a false hope)

Christianity -------Saved unto good works by God's grace (Eph. 2:10).

Religion ------Religion teaches that good works are the cause of salvation.

Christianity --------The Bible teaches that good works are the result of salvation.

Religion ---------Religion says, "Good works are those things that a person does to be saved."

Christianity --------The Bible says, "Good works are those things that a saved person does" (James 2:14-26).

Religion ---------"Christ is my Example and Teacher. I try to follow Him and live as He lived."

Christianity ----------Christ is my Saviour and Substitute. I am trusting Him and only Him to save me" (Luke 23:40-43).

Religion -----"I hope I will be saved."
----------------"I think I will be saved."
----------------"I feel that I will be saved, maybe.

Christianity-------- "I KNOWI am saved right now" (1 John 5:13-"These things have I written unto you that believe on to name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life").

For me personally there is a big difference between the 2 and I personally believe many who call themselves Christian have no idea what the true meaning really is --

Religion and Christianity ------

I personally believe that Religion hurts the real meaning of what Christianity stands for --------

Well unsafe, Christianity is a religion. Nevertheless, I understand what you're saying.

unsafe said:
There is a great difference between CHURCHIANITY and CHRISTIANITY. Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE (Matthew 7:13-14). Many name the Name of Christ (2 Tim. 2:19) and claim to be Christians but few understand what a Christian really is. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD. May God help us to understand the difference between RELIGION and true CHRISTIANITY as set forth in the Word of God, the Holy Bible.

Actually unsafe, in our North American postmodern culture, few are going to church, few name the name of Christ and claim to be Christians, and few are religious.

unsafe said:
Religion ------Following rules Enjoying life (John 6:47; 10:10).

Christianity -----"I must reform my life and turn over a new leaf"" I must be born again" (John 3:7).

Is Christianity not rather God reforming our lives, God transforming us increasingly into our new holy identities.
unsafe said:
Religion -------A religious man trying to earn his way to heaven by works may be likened to a man trying to swim from New York to London by his own efforts and energy and strength. He will never make it!

Christianity ------The person who is saved by faith is likened to a man getting on a ship in New York and trusting that ship to bring him safely to London. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.

Getting on a ship would be a work unsafe, and as you've pointed out elsewhere in your post (and thank you for doing so) - salvation is by faith and not by works.

unsafe said:
For me personally there is a big difference between the 2 and I personally believe many who call themselves Christian have no idea what the true meaning really is --

I agree with you unsafe, and I did agree with most of your points in your OP.

Is it a coincidence in any of these descriptions that your position always happens to be on the "correct" side? Doesn't anyone ever admit to being wrong about things? (I don't actually claim to have ANY answers on any of these things; I just like to keep asking questions about things. Answers make me feel stuck.)

What if, in the end, it turns out that it was better to take the religious viewpoint rather than the Christian one? What if how you act is really more important than what you believe? Jesus' story of the sheep and the goats resonates with me here.

Religion, stoic and unmoving ... thus no motivation to learn the light of Christ and thus one lays there burned by the flames of passion for not knowing ... how the forest fire started in the garden and there were no fluids to put it out ... like that woman that passed on by remaining too long on the threshold ... waiting to get right into IT ... the question is the relation of IT to ID ... and such ID ioic unanswered things due to passions overruling wisdom ... and temples now obscured in the sans of time ... that's time Piscine by as golden opportunities to corrupt institution that are wrong ... mostly because of hate of the stranger ... that be wisdom as I see it as we're not really that sharp yet ... and so the whetting goes on ... sometimes as vast Rhett or IHC!

Have you encountered any odd words today as enemies to your institution?

Is intelligent behaviour difficult to accept for those tending towards their private desires?

Perhaps the hidden rationale behind the comments of the work of wisdom in Proverbs and Ecclesiastes?

With out knowledge is one numb struck? Po' souls that don't differentiate with soles a travelling as deep phesh ... from the high brewing psyche ... a devil fish of thought?

Pr.Jae ----Your quote ------Well unsafe, Christianity is a religion

That is in your opinion that Christianity is a Religion ------This is where we part ways ---In My Opinion It Is Not A Religion -------

Religion is empty -----Christ IS POWER -----this is just my view

Christ--ian ----Christ comes from the Greek Christos ------Anointed one -----The Messiah who is a person -------

Christianity comes from Greek word ---Christianos ---which means Christian -----So true Christianity is abiding in and accepting a person --not Religious rules ------

5546. Christianos
Strong's Concordance
Christianos: a Christian
Original Word:Χριστιανός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech:Noun, Masculine
Transliteration:Christianos
Phonetic Spelling:(khris-tee-an-os')

Short Definition-----:a Christian

All who are Born Again have The Holy Spirit who is a person directing them not mans rules or regulations that Religion goes by ------We become a child of the Most High God ---Religion can't bring adoption ---only Christ can who again is a person not a thing ------So for me Christianity is not A Religion -----it is accepting a person and trusting and believing and developing a relationship with that Person on a personal Level -----

The first great Rule is To Love God with all our heart --soul and mind -----God is a person -----we can only have a loving relationship with another person ---Religion can't love you back -----but God can -------Religion can't save us but God can

Greek for Religion -----

2356. thréskeia
Strong's Concordance
thréskeia: religion
Original Word:θρησκεία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech:Noun, Feminine
Transliteration:thréskeia
Phonetic Spelling:(thrace-ki'-ah)
Short Definition:ritual worship, religion

Definition:(underlying sense: reverence or worship of the gods), worship as expressed in ritual acts, religion.---fear of the gods);religious worship, especially external, that which consists in ceremonies:

So here we see Religion is a worship expresses in ritual acts ------So the church you attend has ritual acts they do each week--you worship as your Religion dictates -----so it is external -----

True Christianity is internal IN MY OPINION---directed now by and through the direction of the Holy Spirit who is the third Person of the Trinity -----it is not guided by the Traditions of man it is guided by God's Spirit ---

I don't have to have any ritual worship in a church building to be Saved ---I can be saved any minute --any hour ---any day --any where ---all I have to do is ask ---believe and receive --and I am a Child of the Most High God having The Holy Spirit indwelling in me ----No RELIGION REQUIRED ----

This is just my view and my belief ------You and I think different on this ----

BetteTheRed -----Your Quote -----What if, in the end, it turns out that it was better to take the religious viewpoint rather than the Christian one? What if how you act is really more important than what you believe?

Then you and anyone who believes this has no worries on the other side ---you like all of us will find out the Truth when we die ---

And the corollary is that truth is difficult to find here with all the false gods?

So it leaves us predestined to question what we are told by authority? Is authority un humble in its corruption and thus the NOSH -ite attitude by those that follow their heart without soul to base their decisions upon ,,,

Can you explain unsafe, if religion is so bad, why did Jesus choose to live through the Judaism traditions/religion while on earth? Didn't he participate in a religion and use it to point to Himself?

Reactions: Jae
@Waterfall, isn't that enough to make a person of illumination (illuminati) wish to escape the overwhelming cover-ups ...?

The rationale of rye souls being put down in a pickle or just old salts ...? A hand at being an old ham ...

Hi Unsafe--You posted--
I don't have to have any ritual worship in a church building to be Saved ---I can be saved any minute --any hour ---any day --any where ---all I have to do is ask ---believe and receive --and I am a Child of the Most High God having The Holy Spirit indwelling in me ----No RELIGION REQUIRED ----

Airclean--I fully agree with your post here.When one comes to The Christ they are not joining a Denomination they are joining a Kingdom with Christ Jesus at it"s head. We are one church not many. We have but one Head , that person being The Lord Jesus Christ. GOD has said we become family of The Living GOD. airclean33-- Gord.

waterfall

This is my view on your question ------about Jesus and Judaism

Jesus came to fulfil the Jewish Laws and to bring in a New Covenant He obeyed the Religious leaders of Judaism and observed and attended their Holiday Religious Ceremonies and was the only one to keep the Jewish laws without sinning -----

But no where as far as I know does He fully keep the traditions of the Judaism Religion ---as a matter of fact He breaks may Traditions of Judaism and this gets Him in trouble ------scripture tells us this ----He engaged women in conversations which wasn't permitted under Judaism ----John 4------He didn't wash before eating ---He touched the unclean ---

He came not to bring Peace but a sword -----

If you can provide a scripture that says Jesus kept the Judaism customs and ways and didn't follow what His Father wanted then please quote it -----

Jesus says this -----which indicates that Religion has no part in His actions or Preaching -----He did what His Father told Him to do ----not what Religious Traditions of men said -----

John 5:30GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

30 I can’t do anything on my own. As I listen to the Father, I make my judgments. My judgments are right because I don’t try to do what I want but what the one who sent me wants.

Mark 7 --8-“You abandon the commandments of God to follow human traditions.”9 He added, “You have no trouble rejecting the commandments of God in order to keep your own traditions!---

-read all here https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark+7+&version=GW

So you can believe that He followed the Judaism Religion but I do not believe that ------He had a purpose to fulfil and He observed certain aspects of the Religion but was not driven by that Religion --------

In my opinion Religion is all Human driven --it is not Spiritually driven -------it is men creating -- dictating and executing their own rules and traditions ---and calling it God's ways ----God has His way and it is contained in this word and unlike Religion it never has changed

--Religion changes to suit our society and it's needs ------ this is just my opinion on that statement ----

Jesus taught us to pray, he commanded us to baptize, we have communion because of Him and we spread the Gospel...this is a religion.

Jesus and others can point to many ways we can distort religion but when we follow Him it is a religion that is worthy.

Reactions: Jae
The Romans taught the light of salvation or illumination before the pain was encountered and attempts made to see it undone ... thus it wasn't as we have learned nothing in the medium span of space or meantime ... that which arises in polity (extremes)?

Published on Jul 21, 2013
This young lady is reciting a "spoken word" piece that was written by Jefferson Bethke. She recited this piece so well, with so much emotion you'd think she originally wrote it.

Hi Unsafe

I understand what you are trying to say and i do agree, But for all tents and purposes, for a lack of better terms , Christianity is called a religion, but when one looks deeper into it, you realize religion is a sin, religion misses the mark, God is the mark because Religion is mans attempt to reach and appease the Divine through religious orders , but in Christianity we have the opposite , we have God who comes down into mans system and reaches us , God coming down is the mark, not man, and through God , we are asked into relationship, not religion.

God is all ... a small bit (chit) of that is required to make a person desire towards the direction of wisdom ... a difficult goal for those conditioned against knowledge of such ways? Thus the tempering encountered in the dipping after the heated Ire Neigh ...

Gives an edge with two sides t'wit ... X-calibre, or an unknown measure as meta fore?

Luce NDs your quote ---- Jesus had to learn about the corruption of church authority down here?

I disagree ----Jesus is God ---God is omniscient ---all-knowing ---so God already knew all about the corruption of the Church and it's leaders before He sent His Son -----God knew from the beginning what the Religious Jewish leaders would do and how they world corrupt the system ---He sent His Son to shake the Religious leaders and their corruption up and to show them that they needed a Savior as they couldn't keep their own laws and their ways were empty and wrong -------He bucked their man made system and in many instances made them angry----

This is from the Old Testament -----way before Jesus the Son came God The Father knew -------- Jesus came with a sword to divide and shake up the corruption ----

Amos 5:21-27GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

The Lord Rejects Israel’s Worship

21 I hate your festivals; I despise them.
I’m not pleased with your religious assemblies.

22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I won’t accept them.
I won’t even look at the fellowship offerings of your choicest animals.
23 Spare me the sound of your songs.
I won’t listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice flow like a river
and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
25 Did you bring me sacrifices and grain offerings
in the desert for 40 years, nation of Israel?
26 You carried along the statues of the god Sikkuth as your king
and the star Kiyyun,
the gods you made for yourselves.

27 I will send you into exile beyond Damascus,
says the Lord, whose name is the God of Armies.

Back