Church-Wellesley Diary

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Spirituality can certainly be enhanced by movement. In the summer I love to take long bike rides and find them very spiritual in a sense. Time to be on my own and commune with God. Likewise, when we had a dog I often had the same feeling taking him for walks. I never generally thought of either as "prayer" though.

Spirituality can certainly be enhanced by movement. In the summer I love to take long bike rides and find them very spiritual in a sense. Time to be on my own and commune with God. Likewise, when we had a dog I often had the same feeling taking him for walks. I never generally thought of either as "prayer" though.

Have you ever done prayer walks? I like to take them around any place where I'm visiting or residing. I did some praying as I walked around Church-Wellesley.

Yes, walking outside can be great. When I first got to the Church-Wellesley neighborhood, however, I was a little apprehensive about walking around it. My first walk or two, I was moving pretty swiftly. After that, though, I became more comfortable and my walks were more meditative and reflective.
What do you think changed, that you were able to feel more comfortable within yourself?

Evoked memory...

Many years ago. Late night walk down Main Street in Winnipeg. In the vicinity of Point Douglas. Feeling apprehensive. Heard footsteps not far behind me. Getting closer. Began to imagine the worst. Closer. Right behind me. Braced for the attack. Heard a voice. "Scuse me. Kinda' scary walkin' here at night. Could I walk beside you for a while?" Ever since I have watched for opportunity to come alongside folk in shady places with a little light and warmth.

Many stories rooted in being a street walker in diverse Canadian cities and towns. Fine way to pray for place and persons. To say nothing of the many met along the way. Each with a story. Some with a song.

George

What do you think changed, that you were able to feel more comfortable within yourself?

As I was on my quick walks, I saw one or two straight couples walking in the Village (at least I assumed they were straight - opposite-sex couples holding hands and all). That let me know that no one there should automatically assume that anyone inside the Village was gay. I was also feeling increasingly close to God, so I felt an increasing assurance that he was with me and would protect me in the new neighborhood I was exploring. On top of all that, it was a reasonably cold weekend in Toronto, so there weren't many people walking around outside at all. That meant I felt more sure that no gay person was going to come up to me and try to flirt or anything.

That meant I felt more sure that no gay person was going to come up to me and try to flirt or anything.

You do realize that gay men are no more likely to flirt with you than straight women, right? And they normally flirt with guys they know or are fairly sure are gay themselves? They don't go out of their way to hunt down straight men.

Most of the time I've met gay men randomly in public, they've been in couples (I remember my first such encounter many years ago in Hamilton. One of the guys commented on my t-shirt, which sported a picture of Edgar Allan Poe, and we talked briefly about that.) which is the only reason I even knew they were gay (I mean two guys with arms around each other is a bit of a dead giveaway).

You do realize that gay men are no more likely to flirt with you than straight women, right?

Actually not right Mendalla. In real life I actually have a reasonable number of straight women flirt with me.

There have maybe been two or three gay men who have during my entire adult life. Nevertheless, on that weekend, in that neighborhood, I felt that might would, and I did not want that.

Mendalla said:
they normally flirt with guys they know or are fairly sure are gay themselves?

I don't know about that one. Why wouldnt they be the same as straight people - some more selective than others. Some straight people tend to flirt with just about everyone. Why would the same not hold true for some gay people.

Mendalla said:
They don't go out of their way to hunt down straight men.
Mendalla said:
Most of the time I've met gay men randomly in public, they've been in couples (I remember my first such encounter many years ago in Hamilton. One of the guys commented on my t-shirt, which sported a picture of Edgar Allan Poe, and we talked briefly about that.) which is the only reason I even knew they were gay (I mean two guys with arms around each other is a bit of a dead giveaway).

Let the record show that Brother Jae has a good sense of humour when he is not in trouble-making mode.

Reactions: Jae
Saturday, March 11, 9:45 a.m.

(Warning - this one's a little gross)

§ Walked to Hasty Market to buy breakfast. Left with a frozen Hungry Man fried chicken dinner, and a small container of milk for coffee (there was a microwave and coffee maker in my room)

§ Walked to Victoria’s Mansion.

§ Cooked the chicken dinner and brewed coffee. Began watching more of The Gospel of John.

§ Realized there was a problem. As has happened to me sometimes before, a piece of food (possibly this time chicken) got caught in my throat.

§ Rushed to the washroom to heave.

As was I was coughing up phlegm, my headache was still there and intensified due to my heaving. The thought that then came to my mind was - God is my refuge and my strength, a very real help in times of danger.

§ Prayed to God, 'Lord, you are my refuge and my strength, a very real help in times of danger.

§ Finished hacking up food into the toilet. Continued eating. Watched videos as I ate – music and NF Geeks conversations with an ENFP Christian, and an ISTP Christian.

Actually, "tohu" is the Hebrew word that is generally translated into chaos. And, actually, the word chaos doesn't come up very often in English translations of the Old Testament. In places referring to chaotic situations (such as the creation story of Genesis 1) the word is tohu. Tohu is also used several times in Isaiah to refer to chaotic situations. You may be thinking of the word "ce-der" which actually means the opposite of chaos (as in Job 10:22.) In that verse, the situation is referred to as chaos by taking ce-der (meaning order) and prefacing it with the negative "we-lo", which turns the phrase into "not order" (ie, chaos.) But "ce-der" (which I think is what you mean by "citii") means order and not chaos.

More on disturbances known as ambiguous chaos that could be emotional, or intellectual lines without sensitivity for the other as designated in the golden roué 'L!

בי is stated to be a sense of chaos in Hebrew as well and thus leads to the English reversal "bo" regarding mental haunts ... or that other spirit denied by emotional gods ... leads to ביע or boy that when in past tense could be floated off as imaginary malevolent thought creating Shadow in the flames of emotions ... in an IR'd mist this could be a maleficent power in the dark pool an expressed as that B'oyd power behind men enraged by maids!

As a late acquaintance (with degrees in theism and bio logics) stated ... it is all about emotions ... and I return ... it appears intelligence remains beyond us. Thus I'm denied here as a demon ... said to know nothing about emotions ... but that is why I'm here ... intelligence incident as I accrued to believe ... thus something was gathered from my brief time here ...

Is learning like a tiny golden thorn (þ) in the donkey ... thus Levite is carried off ... by the unknown? So choices are made to not know ... ignore it and it'll go way ... as pi'n out ... and you can hear it going silently in the trees at night ... what would we do without the abstract to counter the absolutes?

Thus myths appear to smear what powerful heros feel is right ... like destroying civilizations ... without accrued thoughts collected for future contemplation ...

Does the singular line have a deuce of a character?

Last edited:
Thus I'm denied here as a demon
At the risk of derailing Jae's diary - who here has ever said you were a demon?

LuceNDs said:
... said to know nothing about emotions
At the risk of derailing Jae's diary - who here has ever said you know nothing about emotions?

LuceNDs said:
thus something was gathered from my brief time here ...
At the risk of derailing Jae's diary - your BRIEF TIME here? You're everywhere and on every thread going. And you have been going back to the original WC.

Sorry. I couldn't not respond. I apologize for briefly derailing Jae's diary. And so ...

Now ... back to Jae's diary.

Reactions: Jae
As I was on my quick walks, I saw one or two straight couples walking in the Village (at least I assumed they were straight - opposite-sex couples holding hands and all). That let me know that no one there should automatically assume that anyone inside the Village was gay.
So it sounds like part of your discomfort was in thinking that any stranger seeing you in the village would assume you to be a gay man. What could it be about such an assumption that caused so much discomfort? I suppose there was also learning for you too, that geographic location does not predict sexuality, and what assumptions you yourself might have been making?

It quite often happens when I'm at my job as a Cashier. I'm in my spiffy black work uniform.

So you're saying you have lots of experience dealing with people who flirt with you - wouldn't the same response strategies apply regardless of who is doing the flirting? If not, what would be making the difference in how you respond to people?

An Eire about an un-gay man that must be an example of sad about those surrounding him!

Authorities worry about gay people as the laughter could be about the poor oligarch (one slippery fish in some old tongues)!

Thus to be gay and happy be humbler than autonomous authority ... who may giggle some in the dimples of light ... dark 'oles?

Wholly spots to be caught in ...

Back