Christmas baking

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

If you're looking for a savory dip/spread, this is one of my favs:

Stilton Pate

1. 8 oz. (250 g) Stilton cheese
  2. 1/4 cup butter
  3. 4 oz. 9125 g) cream cheese
  4. 2 Tbsp. brandy
  5. freshly ground pepper to taste
Ingredients at room temperature. Blend in food processor until smooth. Chill. Serve with plain crackers or sliced baguette.

I continued my Christmas baking today, Bakewell tarts (known as cake tarts in my boyfriend’s family) which will be iced tomorrow or Monday and thimble cookies which are one of my favourites. My mom does another that had a bunch of dried fruits like raisins and dates but my boyfriend doesn’t like either and I don’t need a whole batch myself!

Had to google them. I have seen them, and at them, they are good, but, my mom never baked them.

I don't bake myself but I have a daughter who loves it. We have already had shortbread cookies and gingerbread people to enjoy.

So this wintersolsticemas we might b making

Pfeffernussen
Short Bread cookies
Candy Cane cookies
@Nutmeg's ranger cookies

We've already had our Stollen. Made by student bakers. So we often don't know how something is going to taste. It was nummy.
Oh you Patriot :love:
How Womanly; what a Presentation :3
:love: the lil critters. Did u make those?
And @paradox3, why don't u bake?

Reading Virtual,
Inannawhimsey

So this wintersolsticemas we might b making

Pfeffernussen
Short Bread cookies
Candy Cane cookies
@Nutmeg's ranger cookies

We've already had our Stollen. Made by student bakers. So we often don't know how something is going to taste. It was nummy.

Oh you Patriot :love:

How Womanly; what a Presentation :3
:love: the lil critters. Did u make those?
And @paradox3, why don't u bake?

Reading Virtual,
Inannawhimsey
The critters I made from paper,they contain two Lindt chocolates each. Gifts for my colleague - OTs.

Is divine blasphemy ... a divined split or the beginnings of Aaron in Eire ... airing out in tradition of Deil ...?

How does one relate this to the tuatha de danann ... an even more obscure myth for those stuck with present fresh ones.

The Shadow creeps on ... and then swings the other way after the heat resolves itself! These flareups are really peculiar ... like ashes from an old clinker ... starting to glow later!

Remember it the mind is the story ... it is all in the story ... hernando's hideaway in great obscurity or occult to relieve those that don't wish to dig it!!

Just not something I have ever pursued.

We are much the same. Because Mrs. M grew up in China, it wasn't part of her upbringing (almost no one outside a bakery does baking there and many don't have an oven to do it in) and I just never got bitten by the bug much as I enjoy the product. In the end, it is probably a good thing because it means Little M doesn't have much of a sweet tooth and I don't have goodies lying around tempting me now that I'm having to actively manage my glucose. Whereas my mother loved baking and we often had homemade goodies of various types in the house, especially at this time of year.

I was in shock by how much brown sugar and butter that I consumed as I cooked meals this year.

I thought about @Mrs.Anteater and @GiancarloZ posts re our cooking, and how much sugar we use in canada.
Yup. definitely at my house.
Brown sugar and butter make everything taste wonderfully and keep you from eating too much. We had butter-y and very sweet denties yesterday. Yummy.

Christmas baking started today.

Making cookies for church, for us, and for a few people to deliver to and send to.

Started by making two pans of Magic Cookie bar -- they will go into the freezer. (youngestson taste tested a piece, then decided he needed a second piece to confirm that they were good)

Back