Christianity and Climate change

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

GeoFee

I am who I am becoming...
Reaction score
So for me ---you say the words written in the Bible are not God's words ----you won't be listening to scripture as it turns you off if quoted -----and yet you quote it yourself -so you are quoting what you don't pay attention nor believe in yourself which makes no sense to me at all and contradicts what you say
I value scripture as a source of insight and encouragement leading to growth in character. As it is written:

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the person of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”

I do not take scripture as the source of my salvation; understood as healing and renewal. I say this as one who has studied scripture for all of my adult life. I understand that the diverse authors of scripture were inspired by the living word of God; which was present in the beginning, is present in this moment, and will be present for all the time to come.

My faith is grounded in this biblical insight:

“...it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.”

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
I value scripture as a source of insight and encouragement leading to growth in character. As it is written:

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the person of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”

I do not take scripture as the source of my salvation; understood as healing and renewal. I say this as one who has studied scripture for all of my adult life. I understand that the diverse authors of scripture were inspired by the living word of God; which was present in the beginning, is present in this moment, and will be present for all the time to come.

My faith is grounded in this biblical insight:

“...it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.”
There's the spark missing from the mudslingers ...

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Some hard missals can be ground to clay and made into potter's stuff ... in there may be bones of the story ... obscured as the myth of the bone-box ... tu la 'aimes? Jamis ... resembles a jam session ... cram it in ...

Spirit Wind 7

Living on the edge
Reaction score
My faith is grounded in gratitude. For what I have learned from the various experiences of writers of the Bible, but more
grounded in my own experiences of the holy spirit and Her call to love as she does. Not did love. Loves now today.
It was the same call but today's era. Life changes the only constant is God and God's everlasting love.

Humans down the ages have interpreted over & over trying their best ti do it as God would. Often however, here are those
who think their importance outweighs love. It doesn't. God, being Love, sees the whole picture, we don't, and cannot.

I don't believe anything human is perfect. Our ideas may be but how we get to that is not.
Or we would not have to have food banks, homelessness, poverty and its fall out.
Or many other things that are a direct result of capitalism being unbalanced by its own nature.
It wants winners and losers. And makes it happen in homes, schools and higher education and work, even play.
There are better ways to be human, fully human. Love. Agape. Equity.

God is Equity so all are to be winners. The Banquet is for all and God waits till all are gathered in... it says. That is perfect love.

We have been taught non forgiveness by thinking payback is okay. The word's payback, payback
system kills people and is regressive. Most know the power of forgiveness is real and better than anything else.
'Forgive 70 X 7', meaning it's ongoing, never ending approach to life. It takes quite a deep and
large faith in God's Love to achieve this.

Namaste,
sw7

Luce NDs

Reaction score
My faith is grounded in gratitude. For what I have learned from the various experiences of writers of the Bible, but more
grounded in my own experiences of the holy spirit and Her call to love as she does. Not did love. Loves now today.
It was the same call but today's era. Life changes the only constant is God and God's everlasting love.

Humans down the ages have interpreted over & over trying their best ti do it as God would. Often however, here are those
who think their importance outweighs love. It doesn't. God, being Love, sees the whole picture, we don't, and cannot.

I don't believe anything human is perfect. Our ideas may be but how we get to that is not.
Or we would not have to have food banks, homelessness, poverty and its fall out.
Or many other things that are a direct result of capitalism being unbalanced by its own nature.
It wants winners and losers. And makes it happen in homes, schools and higher education and work, even play.
There are better ways to be human, fully human. Love. Agape. Equity.

God is Equity so all are to be winners. The Banquet is for all and God waits till all are gathered in... it says. That is perfect love.

We have been taught non forgiveness by thinking payback is okay. The word's payback, payback
system kills people and is regressive. Most know the power of forgiveness is real and better than anything else.
'Forgive 70 X 7', meaning it's ongoing, never ending approach to life. It takes quite a deep and
large faith in God's Love to achieve this.

Namaste,
sw7
Takes a broad perspective to get this Vue ... not available to the narrow pathways that miss the surrounding and hidden sacred Ness!