Christianity and Climate change

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Luce NDs

Reaction score
It isn't a pretty projection ... but being in it he can't see ... the flattery factor has blinded him with the grandiose scheme ... the altar conspiracy.

Sheep on the altar are roasted and don;t see it coming ... blackened ...

unsafe

Reaction score
Waterfall ----you said ------And how does God do this without destroying our responsibility and free will?

I say -----see my explanation to BetteTheRed ---post # 137

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
-We humans as John MacArthur points out cannot melt the polar ice caps ----nothing we can put in the air can destroy what God put in Place because He willed it to be there
But we have done so, are doing so, and continue to, "melt the ice caps", by the human-made increases in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. That is scientific fact, not to be confused with theology.

And in fact, as evidence that we can both cause a problem, then solve it, witness the much smaller size of the holes in the ozone layer in recent years since the CFC Phaseout began.

unsafe

Reaction score
BetteTheRed ------your grasping at straws ---trying to make Humans Sovereign over this planet we didn't create and have no control over as far as climate change goes -----so carry on with your straw grabbing but that won't change the facts that God is in control of the melting ice caps ------people think the earth will be flooded again to with the melting ice and that goes against what God says He will do to the earth ----by fire not ice melting -----

Climate change is a bunch of hooey --a big scare tactic and money grab ------

Luce NDs

Reaction score
BetteTheRed ------your grasping at straws ---trying to make Humans Sovereign over this planet we didn't create and have no control over as far as climate change goes -----so carry on with your straw grabbing but that won't change the facts that God is in control of the melting ice caps ------people think the earth will be flooded again to with the melting ice and that goes against what God says He will do to the earth ----by fire not ice melting -----

No ... a republican project to open more beaches as the east coast is overpressed with beachers ...

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
And exactly how do your opinions and qualifications match up with the 99% of the scientific community who believe otherwise? IPCC — Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Do share your scientific credentials and your peer reviewed papers if this is a specialty of yours.

You may have an opinion on theology. You may not have an opinion on fact. Do you understand the difference?

GeoFee

I am who I am becoming...
Reaction score
Hi Unsafe.... I have been puzzling over your response to me. Here is a segment:

GeoFee ---you said ------God is in control of everything on the earth?”

I say ----This word Control GeoFee refers to His sovereignty -----This is God's earth --He created it -----

GeoFee ----you said -----Is it God who starves millions of children around the world?

I say -----A big fat NO ---to your statement here ----We humans are guilty of that not God -
I was simply quoting the pastor, whose brief video you posted, where he presented God as one who controls the material order. This is one possible interpretation of related biblical texts. There are others. For me God does not control circumstance. By the Spirit of Jesus, God strengthens our human character so that we may serve the coming of the heavenly kingdom. This by counting the cost, taking up the cross and following in the way of Jesus, guided by the Holy Spirit.

You seem persuaded that your interpretation of scripture is absolutely correct, while mine is absolutely wrong. At times you have indicated that because I do not submit to your interpretation of biblical texts I am destined for hell. As if God’s Grace is not sufficient!

if you would like to converse about such things I will be happy to engage your perspective and learn from it. I will make it clear that volumes of cut and paste text or commentary turns my attention off.

Looking forward to your reply...

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Then there is the physical god ... and god in essence ... a ghost of one escaping the powers syndrome as humbled ... Elmo's pyre ...

The myth is some Caesar saw it across the Rubicon ... but was that thin red line to be crossed to enter pathology? It may resemble psychosis ... a dark dream or ther blackout?

unsafe

Reaction score
GeoFee ----you said -----I will make it clear that volumes of cut and paste text or commentary turns my attention off.

I say -----I will make it clear that volumes of rejecting God's words and a Pastor like yourself who puts other Pastors who are well respected and believe God's word down turns me off ------

When John MacArthur uses the word Control in his video ---he is referring to God's Sovereign rule over this planet ----God created this earth and HE has Control over what He created ---we Humans were given only the gift of Stewartship over the animals and sea mammals --and creepy crawlers and the land --and we humans were to increase in numbers ----that is it -----no control was given to us over the climate -----God alone is in charge of that ------The ice burgs were formed by God --not man ---and only God can rid the earth of them -----Not Man ----God created the Sun --and only God can make the Sun hot enough to melt His ice burgs -----what we humans have done is to make God very disappointed in our Stewardship abilities to look after what He created -----and therefore He will destroy this earth again and create a New one when He is ready -----Man can never destroy this earth with what they do or put into the air -----God is in control of that ------ and He gives all the details of how He will do it in His word which you reject so proudly -

We humans are so gullible to what man says -----we put Science above God -------very sad ------

So GoeFee ---don't read this because you hate cut and paste text ------------This is taking what is coming in the future -----------but this one verse -----verse 11 applies for me anyway what is happening here and now with the climate change scare ----humans being deceived ------ 11 So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie.

read the chapter in its context here -----

2 Thessalonians 2 (ERV)
Evil Things Will Happen

5 I told you before that all these things would happen. Remember? 6 And you know what is stopping that Man of Evil now. He is being stopped now so that he will appear at the right time. 7 The secret power of evil is already working in the world now. But there is one who is stopping that secret power of evil. And he will continue to stop it until he is taken out of the way. 8 Then that Man of Evil will appear. But the Lord Jesus will kill him with the breath that comes from his mouth. The Lord will come in a way that everyone will see, and that will be the end of the Man of Evil.

9 When that Man of Evil comes, it will be the work of Satan. He will come with great power, and he will do all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders. 10 The Man of Evil will use every kind of evil to fool those who are lost. They are lost because they refused to love the truth and be saved. 11 So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie.

Waterfall

Reaction score
verse 11 applies for me anyway what is happening here and now with the climate change scare ----humans being deceived ------ 11 So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2 (ERV)
Evil Things Will Happen

5 I told you before that all these things would happen. Remember? 6 And you know what is stopping that Man of Evil now. He is being stopped now so that he will appear at the right time. 7 The secret power of evil is already working in the world now. But there is one who is stopping that secret power of evil. And he will continue to stop it until he is taken out of the way. 8 Then that Man of Evil will appear. But the Lord Jesus will kill him with the breath that comes from his mouth. The Lord will come in a way that everyone will see, and that will be the end of the Man of Evil.

9 When that Man of Evil comes, it will be the work of Satan. He will come with great power, and he will do all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders. 10 The Man of Evil will use every kind of evil to fool those who are lost. They are lost because they refused to love the truth and be saved. 11 So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie.
There have been men of evil in almost every generation, even in Jesus' time. Even Julius Ceasar was deified as a God and when he died, a very bright comet appeared in the sky that could be seen for a week above Rome, even during the daytime. It was said that Comet, (Caesar's Comet, 44 BC) was Caesar's soul being transported to heaven. Afterwards coins were made and a temple built to depict this belief. Some of those coins have since been found.
Surely a great sign and wonder for an emperor who was considered both good and evil.
Further down the road there was Emperor Caligula....a truly evil man.

In our life time we have seen Hitler, Idi Amin, and many others. The passage you quote could speak to every generation IMO........ having said that, I do believe God wants us to open our eyes......always.

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
GeoFee ----you said -----I will make it clear that volumes of cut and paste text or commentary turns my attention off.

I say -----I will make it clear that volumes of rejecting God's words and a Pastor like yourself who puts other Pastors who are well respected and believe God's word down turns me off ------

When John MacArthur uses the word Control in his video ---he is referring to God's Sovereign rule over this planet ----God created this earth and HE has Control over what He created ---we Humans were given only the gift of Stewartship over the animals and sea mammals --and creepy crawlers and the land --and we humans were to increase in numbers ----that is it -----no control was given to us over the climate -----God alone is in charge of that ------The ice burgs were formed by God --not man ---and only God can rid the earth of them -----Not Man ----God created the Sun --and only God can make the Sun hot enough to melt His ice burgs -----what we humans have done is to make God very disappointed in our Stewardship abilities to look after what He created -----and therefore He will destroy this earth again and create a New one when He is ready -----Man can never destroy this earth with what they do or put into the air -----God is in control of that ------ and He gives all the details of how He will do it in His word which you reject so proudly -

We humans are so gullible to what man says -----we put Science above God -------very sad ------

So GoeFee ---don't read this because you hate cut and paste text ------------This is taking what is coming in the future -----------but this one verse -----verse 11 applies for me anyway what is happening here and now with the climate change scare ----humans being deceived ------ 11 So God will send them something powerful that leads them away from the truth and causes them to believe a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2 (ERV)
Evil Things Will Happen

There is a solution ... take flight and observe the complex from a distance! Farce Ide ...

Luce NDs

Reaction score
There have been men of evil in almost every generation, even in Jesus' time. Even Julius Ceasar was deified as a God and when he died, a very bright comet appeared in the sky that could be seen for a week above Rome, even during the daytime. It was said that Comet, (Caesar's Comet, 44 BC) was Caesar's soul being transported to heaven. Afterwards coins were made and a temple built to depict this belief. Some of those coins have since been found.
Surely a great sign and wonder for an emperor who was considered both good and evil.
Further down the road there was Emperor Caligula....a truly evil man.

In our life time we have seen Hitler, Idi Amin, and many others. The passage you quote could speak to every generation IMO.
Evil men have a point ... some say a thorn or laurel ... others ath*orn*in the R's ... thus inconceivability as bliss! The great unknown or psychosomatics before the woke ... past tense of a wake? Indicates some delay for a sector ... it turns ...

unsafe

Reaction score
GeoFee ---Practising helping the poor without God in you is just futile ---your serving your own ego ------helping the poor without God in you will not Save anyone -----So if your preaching that all you need to do is go and help the poor and your good to get into heaven ---that is just a personal twisted interpretation and is definitely sending all your pew people to a place of torment in there end and that is the real truth given by God Himself ---if you reject Jesus the Son then you reject the Father as well and your SOL -----

God in us directs our serving -----not us ---that is giving him the Glory -----not us

GeoFee

I am who I am becoming...
Reaction score
I will let Matthew, who is in agreement with the Hebrew prophets, present my position:

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.“

unsafe

Reaction score
GeoFee --

I say -------So what is your point in posting this scripture which is describing Jesus Second Coming to separate the sheep from the goats at the end of the last 3 and one half years of the 7 year Tribulation -----all who survive this terrible ordeal -many will receive Jesus and will be saved and many will not receive Jesus and are not saved -----and Jesus has come to separate the saved from the unsaved this is the last earthly Judgement ------but first you have to make it through the 7 years of devastation that will be poured out on the earth ----- so are you sure you will be one of the survivors ----

Matthew here is describing a future event ------ --which you didn't indicate where you will be on what side the sheep or goats --in your statement here -----so you make no sense in your comment here -------I will let Matthew, who is in agreement with the Hebrew prophets, present my position:

So for me --
-you say the words written in the Bible are not God's words ----you won't be listening to scripture as it turns you off if quoted -----and yet you quote it yourself -so you are quoting what you don't pay attention nor believe in yourself which makes no sense to me at all and contradicts what you say ---you say you are saved by Faith alone which means what??? ----all you need is any faith to be saved ?--- human faith won't save anyone according to God but then you don't believe the words of God ----Human is dead faith -----you need active faith to be saved and active faith comes through Grace who is Jesus who is the word ------and so you may be on the goat side ---when you say the words written are not God's ----who knows for sure ??-----

So whatever side you think your on in the scripture you quoted --you don't say ----so just maybe your not sure yourself ???????

Just serving your neighbour --the poor doesn't make you a sheep ------it involves much more than that ---like obeying the shepherds Faith words that are written in His Book and putting them into right action ----- by and through direction from the Holy Spirit -----

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Face it George ... your god damned by the insecure and unsafe sectors! It is a tight situation ... where the dame can't get beyond the just, humble, etc. sectors ... rule of Pi?