Chit Chat Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Nebulous

Pronouns
He/Him/His
200.gif

Hello everyone! Just popping in before I go do some housework.

How we doing today? :)

Redbaron

Pirate fan since the dark ages
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Hi, we've been trying to reach you to talk about your car's extended warranty...

Mendalla

Metalhead ape rockin' out
Pronouns
He/Him/His
I just thought I'd post that the capital of South Dakota is Pierre.
Canada was much the same from 1968 to 1983.:ROFLMAO:

Good evening. Dinner done. No plans. I am recovering from the EVIL VIRUS FROM HELL!!!!!! now. The worst seems to be over, at least.

Waterfall

Welcome and hello. Just finished supper and enjoying a bit of tea outside, awaiting a possible lovely rain shower.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
I have been considering taking the pooch for a walk for hours now. Every time I think it's letting up, the heavens open up again. I suspect she'll wait until tomorrow morning, at this point. She does have her very own, quite large (50' lot) fenced in backyard, so it's not like she suffers.

jimkenney12

Finishing supper. Sun is shining brightly. An hour ago we had pouring rain with very strong winds. Had to close some windows quickly. Dessert is scones made this afternoon with Ontario strawberries and coconut whipping cream.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Where are you still getting Ontario strawberries? We're deep into raspberries here in south Central Ontario.

Mendalla

Pronouns
He/Him/His
I have been considering taking the pooch for a walk for hours now. Every time I think it's letting up, the heavens open up again. I suspect she'll wait until tomorrow morning, at this point. She does have her very own, quite large (50' lot) fenced in backyard, so it's not like she suffers.
Interesting. We've had lots of cloud and some wind, but only the lightest of drizzle after some showers first thing. Supposed to be an 80% probability until nightfall but radar isn't looking very promising.

jimkenney12

At the fruit and vegetable stand on the south edge of Hawkesbury. They unloaded a bucket full of corn from a front end loader on the stand for corn while my wife was getting the strawberries. That corn was picked a short distance away and some of it was also part of our supper. They also had raspberries but we have been eating a few from our garden for over a week. Birds got most of the berries.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Gotcha. I wish I understood Quebec growing zones like I get Ontario ones. Because of the St. Lawrence, and the different way the Shield cuts through the province, their ag zones are quite different from ours. Also, because there are now "spring" and "fall" strawberry varietals, in theory, you could eat Canadian strawberries (not hothouse) from May until October.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Good afternoon. We had a nice road trip with friends this afternoon. Hubby and I bought an acre of land in what was supposed to have been a community. Sadly nothing came of it. We went to see it today. It's a nice spot. Too bad it hasn't panned out.

Baela made a new friend. They were whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears.

20220724_152833.jpg

20220724_151800.jpg

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
in theory, you could eat Canadian strawberries (not hothouse) from May until October.
Actually, when I was strawberry picking in June, the staff there told me they pretty much have strawberries that long ( just not for u pick). Not really sure how they spread out the season like that, but maybe just by planting new at different times?

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
There's different varietals which will successfully form berries in the heat of summer. Strawberries are related to roses. Most "natural" roses have their strongest bloom in very late spring, very early summer.

Mendalla

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Same here but its got to be done!
I haven't washed the floors yet but I'm still having horrible coughing fits periodically (thank you SARS-COV-2 for this wonderful week I've had) so that's my excuse. Maybe tomorrow since I am now on vacation.