Chicken Run II Recast

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ninj

Pronouns
She/Her/Her

One of my favourite movies ever has a sequel coming after 20 years. Trouble is, Ginger isn't...well...Ginger. The actor who was the original voice of the character wasn't picked up for the second one because her voice sounds "too old" according to the producers. Mel Gibson isn't reprising Rocky either, likely the same reason, although it's not known for sure.
Any other fans of this movie and/or the Aardman animation style?

A good run at it may get the chic to the other side of Rhodes ... in a snap of index against the thumþ'd! The rebound effect may disturb the established when it all comes down ... like Joshua and the Great Wahl!

Mel Gibson isn't reprising Rocky either, likely the same reason, although it's not known for sure.

Or, you know, because he's a loose cannon prone to spewing anti-Semitic BS. Frankly, if a production doesn't hire Mel, ageism is not the first reason that comes to my mind.

And to be clear, I was a fan back in the day and remain so to some degree. Gibson's roles as the original Mad Max and Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon) were memorable, incredible parts. But late career, he's kind of become a hot potato, even if he continues to earn acclaim as a director when he finds someone willing to back his projects.

Or, you know, because he's a loose cannon prone to spewing anti-Semitic BS. Frankly, if a production doesn't hire Mel, ageism is not the first reason that comes to my mind.

And to be clear, I was a fan back in the day and remain so to some degree. Gibson's roles as the original Mad Max and Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon) were memorable, incredible parts. But late career, he's kind of become a hot potato, even if he continues to earn acclaim as a director when he finds someone willing to back his projects.
Yes. This would be a strange way back into the business for Mel. Oddly enough, any American leading man could do that role, really. Just get a bunch of hens all excited. I do get the history voiding the performance. Still one of my favourite movies of this kind along with Wallace and Grommit. I guess they'll need another Rocky since the last one is box office kryptonite.

Original 1981 Road Warrior is on my top twenty as well. I don't think Gibson actually made the movie. It was the whole cinematography and cast, location etc. that made it memorable. That latest attempt with Charlize Theron (not dissing her) was not worth the name.

hat latest attempt with Charlize Theron (not dissing her) was not worth the name.

:eek:

What? Seriously? Fury Road was a fantastic movie, better than Beyond Thunderdome and probably the equal of Road Warrior. I'm rather sad, though, that the planned Furiosa movie will be a prequel/origin story so Charlize won't be returning in the part as they'll be looking for someone younger.

Ah! Movies on violence and hostility ... one needs to escape to the desert for solution of the bone pile!

Fury Road was it's own franchaise IMO. Wonderful comic book action, just not as original and the way it tried to reference and develop the older elements was kinda sad. The original doesn't stand up well, but it was a believable dystopia. Beyond Thunderdome = Beyond Awful.

Beyond Thunderdome = Beyond Awful.

It had it's merits but, yeah, definitely the least of the four to date.

Fury Road was it's own franchaise IMO. Wonderful comic book action, just not as original and the way it tried to reference and develop the older elements was kinda sad.

George Miller, who wrote and directed all four, might find this amusing. He certainly didn't see it as its own franchise after spending like twenty years after Thunderdome trying to get it made.

It had it's merits but, yeah, definitely the least of the four to date.

George Miller, who wrote and directed all four, might find this amusing. He certainly didn't see it as its own franchise after spending like twenty years after Thunderdome trying to get it made.
....and by then the market had changed completely. Wonderful, comic book action and effects unheard of back in the day. Charlize, for God's sake. Should have been perfect, but I don't think it was Road Warrior. I thought whatever they referenced and developed from the original one was just that. Derivative. The attempt to link it at all with the Road Warrior was misguided and sad in it's effect. The original (which I actually don't think stands the test of time) was raw and cobbled together, much like the dystopia it represented. It was easier to believe and be cautioned.

Charlize is perfect. Nah, not a girl crush at all.....nope.

Look, after Thunderdome, I didn't really have much hope for Fury Road. Instead, Miller knocked it out of the park (IMHO). I'll leave it there.

Back