Cassette tapes

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

If cassettes do make a comeback, I hope they're more reasonably priced than new releases on vinyl.

My problem with cassettes was the instability of the tape. It got stretched, it got loose, you needed to do "that pencil thing" regularly...

My problem with cassettes was the instability of the tape. It got stretched, it got loose, you needed to do "that pencil thing" regularly...
Ditto. And the quality varied widely with commercial releases. Was sometimes better to dub the commercial ones to high quality blank cassettes (Dad had a dual deck with high speed dubbing).

I still have my "portable stereo" apparently there was a different between that and a ghetto blaster was informed by my parents when they got it for me. It does the speed copying of cassettes, CD player and we mostly use it in the garage for the radio. No idea if the cassette aspect works now.

My husband brought down the cassette player from his stereo the other day. I had said it was recyclable. I sold my turntable on kijiji, so now he is thinking the cassette tape player may be sellable. ummm, i don't think so, .

Back