Canadian Armed Forces, inappropriate behavior and who knew what when?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Lastpointe

Over the past few weeks there has been a story simmering about retired General Vance and possible inappropriate behavior. I haven’t read what that is, whether it is a relationship with a subordinate, which is a no no, or if it is something bigger.

then yesterday I read that these concerns had been raised with. The defense minister who passed in along to thePrivy Council office. And no action was taken. Was that because the rumors are false? If so, why is it hitting the press now?

and this morning I just read That the current head of the armed forces he temporarily stepped aside?

strange

If all else fails the primary response should be" deny, deny, deny!" Some powerful polity!

Them's tha word ... regardless of understanding being missing ... psyche process is just not appropriate given the emotional input ...

There are quantum energy-entropy relations that occur by chance ... like all gods kind of flighty and fey ... ephemeral? Some drift just below the horizon of cognizance ... trance-like! All thoughts being stalled ...

Investigating such things is a curiosity ... as interest in dark pools go ... Bayous? Have a study pirogue ... could be monsters under there ---POGO!

Ever get the idea we live in a test chamber ... cloud vessel? Even the biblical log states" "test all things" inclusive of the immaterial (in essence)!

Thus the go round continues and considerable vert-Egos!

Last edited:
Inappropriate behaviour in our Armed Forces is nothing new. The military in most Western countries has historically been a bastion of traditional masculinity and that is taking a long time to work out. I worked with a woman who had served a tour in the Navy and she had some stories to tell. It's a good thing that people are finally starting to take notice and hold people in authority responsible for their actions. Hopefully, if a few big guns like Vance fall, the officers under them will start taking notice.

Response ... responsibility! What a strange concept in a world where much of the ideal includes forgetting mostly anything!

If yah don't know what's to fret about in response?

Some of the greatest leaders go by the ideal: "deny, deny, deny" ... and thus repeating naivete! Go the way that it will not bother and cause worries ... yet there may be implications in the dark and unknown zone ... twilight?

What more interesting search than wandering about in the vast human psyche ... said to be part and parcel of the greater non existence!

Is void-ism a sign of looking into the abstract? Wyrd ... could be further enigma ... baffling power of the willies ... JP's?

Last edited:
I agree it is likely a big issue all over the military. The boys club. What may be an issue is if the ministe of defense knew and did nothing and if the privy council office knew and did nothing. Particularly as it was Vance who was determined to fix the problem. Strange story

If a great dark force needed a place to put righteous evil ... in your psyche can you conceive of a decent place to confine it!

Oh I forgot the psyche is a non existent item ... immaterial! May be a negative spirit ...

Yesterday the former military ombudsman said in interviews with parliament that he told the defense minister in 2018 about Vance. Yet the defense minister said he was shocked by the allegations last month. And yet he passed in this news he didn’t hear to the privy council office? Makes no sense

is the ombudsman lying? Why would he?

and with the replacement general now out for the similar reasons, who is vetting these men?

from global news
I saw that as well, forget where. Seems awfully close to a smoking gun here. And it may point up the problem of having a recent vet as defence minister. He's too tied to that culture to really provide independent oversight. Probably should be a civilian or someone with some distance from their military service so they aren't connected to current staff.

When taught that aggressive action is to be taken at all opportunities ... is it hard to see how they didn't know the alternate would be uncomfortable?

Thus the cloud hanging about the poor sol in the glass --- Prick of Conscience? Eros 've behavior ... Ka Deux says ...

Other spirits ... psyche's out there ... all intelligence lost!

I have never felt comfortable with Sajjin as defense minister. He was a brand new MP. Very poor communicator in general. And his speaking style is evasive. I don’t think he is necessarily trying to be evasive but it is his style of speaking

but this really does sound like he was told, didn’t want to know any details , didn’t do anything. then also didn’t properly vet the replacement guy

is that because, as you mentioned, he is too military, too close, part of the culture himself? Or is it because as a new MO he just didn’t know how to handle his portfolio

either way, for Trudeau this is a bad look. Repeated complaints of sexual harassment and nothing done about it.

And the mess continues to get worse. An officer who tried to report misconduct and is on the list of witnesses that the Conservatives want to call has allegedly been threatened in an attempt to silence him.

Well that looks bad for a lot of different people. The concept that it is difficult to make a complaint is unbelievable. Who knew what and when is always the problem for governments. Not just Trudeau Though he does seem prone to gaffs. As does Sajiin. The coverup is always the problem

Yeah, I don't think one can lay a lot of blame for military culture on any current government. This is pretty deep-seated patriarchy.

Yeah, I don't think one can lay a lot of blame for military culture on any current government. This is pretty deep-seated patriarchy.
On the other hand, Sajjan ignoring the military ombudsman and lying about their conversation is very much the current government.

the bad news just keeps coming. What I find interesting is that the military has had lots of rules about relationships between levels and so some of this stuff should have been caught. Of course it is a boys club and then we have that it was ok to make jokes about women in society everywhere

Back