Canada Votes, 2019

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Kimmio you sound like you are finding a date with jagmeet. Have you looked at the policies. Would you like to Thrust us into a deep depression. Or scare off all investment in Canada. There go jobs

Why doesn’t the country realize we can’t afford these things

And don’t go on about higher taxes. Honestly. They can’t get higher. I pay 53% in taxes. Plus we give very generously to four or five important to us charites

There is no more money. Raise business taxes and the few businesses left will leave to the USA. We may dislike how odious trump is but that is personality. Economically they are doing well

Justin let us down and the Conservatives have never made my life any better. Climate action is imperative and NDP's platform is about as ambitious as the Green's. Conservatives' never is.

Last edited:
Deficit spending is put down by conservatives ... except when benefiting those fixated by wealth!

Are there alternate values ... sous-la ... so low in the sol that we overlook them? Thus those djinns in the deeps ...

This is cool.
He could be PM you know. He understands people and the vibe today.

Has the world really come to that, does the younger generation only get it in one word expressions- or is it that he thinks that they are so stupid. Or am I missing something here? Is a tiktok something like a “ knock knock “ joke?

Has the world really come to that, does the younger generation only get it in one word expressions- or is it that he thinks that they are so stupid. Or am I missing something here? Is a tiktok something like a “ knock knock “ joke?

Tiktok is a hot new social media thing. I know very little about it, to be honest, other than it exists.

About the site: TikTok - Wikipedia

The site: TikTok - Make Your Day

With so much mud slinging and so many aspersions being cast, I'm surprised that the Conservatives haven't said anything about TicTok being owned by a Chinese company - ya know, the NDP being in bed with them damn commies. Except the Chinese Communists aren't really commies anymore. More like hyper capitalists with a fascist, authoritarian bite. They just call themselves Communists. Still, it would have been a great sound bite. The Conservatives missed that one.

With so much mud slinging and so many aspersions being cast, I'm surprised that the Conservatives haven't said anything about TicTok being owned by a Chinese company - ya know, the NDP being in bed with them damn commies. Except the Chinese Communists aren't really commies anymore. More like hyper capitalists with a fascist, authoritarian bite. They just call themselves Communists. Still, it would have been a great sound bite. The Conservatives missed that one.

Then there's:

The search for truth and happiness goes on with great chaos ... much is left un-thunk! But still I have that cinque'n sensation ...

Frank Graves (head of EKOS Research - one of our major polling firms) has said that based on their final numbers there's an upswing in the Liberal vote and that he's confident that there will be a Liberal government, and that it may even be a majority government. Also, the People's Party has its highest numbers in Alberta at the expense of the Conservatives and if they take enough votes from the Conservatives in urban areas it's possible the Liberals might even hold 1 or 2 of their 3 seats in Edmonton and Calgary.

Meanwhile, I'm still not 100% certain who I'm voting for.

Frank Graves (head of EKOS Research - one of our major polling firms) has said that based on their final numbers there's an upswing in the Liberal vote and that he's confident that there will be a Liberal government, and that it may even be a majority government. Also, the People's Party has its highest numbers in Alberta at the expense of the Conservatives and if they take enough votes from the Conservatives in urban areas it's possible the Liberals might even hold 1 or 2 of their 3 seats in Edmonton and Calgary.

Meanwhile, I'm still not 100% certain who I'm voting for.

Uncertainty is another theory! It runs alternate to the determined causing some question ... determinants don;t like variation ... they can't stand change in their learning curve ... leave them all wend out of shape ... dark, formless, etc.

There was once a psychological study that questioned if people wished to know if bad news was coming ...

It is reported that 85-99% of respondents (depending on time and place) didn't wish to know ... thus the gift of forgotten stuff!

Something accumulating to learn in the dark area (occult)?

The things we should know but don;t because of the painful power of knowledge!

Then the command to "know thyself" is overwhelming to those not wishing to know anything ... thus God remains a mystery or metaphor or some alternate myth! Could be a fantasy of someone to meet in the dark of the Skye Zone ... thus we dream on ...

Powerful psyches sometime demand that the psyche is mostly abstract ... that is said to be imagined as projected deep into the body of corrupt energies! A force to contend with ... could be a psyche conflict ... all in your head?

Should we re fantasize that as it blows thro'?

Our neighbourhood got these flyers in our doors last week:

2019-10-19 20.14.20.jpg

My first thought was, "My neighbour across the street owns a Ferrari."

I mean, he bought it used. It was about 3 years old when he bough it about 3 years ago. Poor guy had to buy a used Ferrari, and now it's six years old. This entire township (on average) is hardly looking to "get ahead". That said, this neighbour actually has a Conservative sign on his lawn. The Conservatives, perhaps, will help him buy that new Ferrari he has his eye on.

My neighbour will make out very well under a Conservative government. His kids are mostly through school, and he could always send the remainder to private school. And the money he saves on taxes will probably pay for private school, and then some.

Meanwhile we have Third World conditions in Canada within our First Nations that have been boiling water for 25 years.....shame on every political party! And still it's not even on our radar this election.

Meanwhile we have Third World conditions in Canada within our First Nations that have been boiling water for 25 years.....shame on every political party! And still it's not even on our radar this election.

Well, it came up briefly but slipped away again. And Jagmeet, again, handled it the best.

Scheer will cut taxes? I"m sure he will. His party has been cutting taxes for the rich for years - and the idea that this causes economy to rise is pure nonsense. They can and do invest their money all over the world, not just in Canada. The result is we don't have enough money for schools, universities, medicare, helping the homeless. raising basic salaries.......

It should be a scandal that the super wealthy can pay no income tax - and can demand lavish gifts from the rest of us suckers who pay taxes. And when wars come along, they are almost always to benefit the rich. And they don't pay a cent. Us suckers do. This hasn't been an issue in the campaign at all. Canadians and their politicians are gutless. (sample wars we have fought were Korea, Afghanistan, the bombing of Libya.... Then there's the kissing up to the U.S. in it's treatment of Venezuela....)

Scheer is the ultimate brainless twit and puppet of the very, very rich.

By now, the world is owned by the very wealthy. Is there a political solution? Possibly not. The super rich have monster power - and most people are passive. The result has been a decline of western living standards. The final result? One hell of an economic crash - or the war to end all wars. We're close to both.

As to the result of this election, it could be Liberal minority government supported by the NDP and, maybe, the Greens. Or, horrors, a Conservative government supported by the Bloc. (The latter is not likely - and would mean the beginning of the end for Canada.)

Back