BIDEN - Some people think......... How do you feel?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Divide and conquer is the guideline ... the divide going on could end the American Dream ... due to great desire to control (a wild definition of avarice if you read into it)!

There once was a sport in the UK where losers were lined up so the winners could split them in half with broadswords! Took a man with great forte to swing that sword with impetus!

Glad to see Biden is not letting his predecessor's antics hold him back. He has started naming Cabinet secretaries. Janet Yellen, the Fed chief ousted by Trump in favour of current Fed boss Jerome Powell, is getting nominated for Treasury Secretary. Apparently she is fairly well respected all round on the Hill and even has some cred with progressive Democrats.

Biden chooses Janet Yellen to be Treasury secretary (cnbc.com)

Cute fact: She married an economist and their son teaches economics. Talk about keeping it in the family.

And a Latino in charge of immigration and border security could make for some interesting changes.

Biden picks first Latino to head DHS, first woman to lead intelligence as part of diverse foreign policy team (msn.com)

Glad to see Biden is not letting his predecessor's antics hold him back
Psycho pick for Secretary Of State "Blinken" the liberal interventionist who has supported all of the most disgusting acts of US mass military slaughter this millennium, including the Iraq invasion" which killed over a million people.
1606166674650.png
So needless to say he will fly through the confirmation process.

Apparently former presidential candidate and senator John Kerry is getting a climate change role in the Biden administration.

Biden Will Have The Most Diverse, Intersectional Cabinet Of Mass Murderers Ever Assembled ...
"2021, here we come!"

Do you think it's a mostly male thing?
A new Politico report informs us that the heavy favorite to lead the US war machine into further imperial conquest as Secretary of "Defense" is a butcher of the fairer sex named Michele Flournoy, about whom @EverettMariamne reports the following:
1606168473790.png

1606170637848.png
What a coincidence ...
Libya: Bombed by the US
Syria: Bombed by the US
Iraq: Bombed by the US
Yemen: Bombed by the US
Somalia: Bombed by the US
Sudan: Destabilized by the US
CAR: Sanctioned by the US
Ukraine: Destabilized by the US
Mali: Destabilized by the US

Cute fact:
The Biden transition team responsible for ushering in the nation’s Return to Decency™️ is as packed full of military-industrial complex lackeys and imperialist sociopaths as you’d expect, with one such manipulator being the Obama administration’s “chief propagandist” Richard Stengel.

The Grayzone‘s Ben Norton has a new write-up on TIME Magazine editor-turned State Department spinmeister-turned MSNBC pundit-turned Biden transition team official Stengel, documenting the political insider’s calls to “rethink” the First Amendment in the name of practicality and his support for the use of propaganda both at home and abroad by the US government.

“There’s another word for master narratives: it’s called history,” Stengel said at a 2018 event organized by the immensely influential think tank Council on Foreign Relations. “Basically every country creates their own narrative story. My old job at the State Department was what people used to joke as the chief propagandist. I’m not against propaganda. Every country does it, and they have to do it to their own population. And I don’t necessarily think it’s that awful.”

Apparently former presidential candidate and senator John Kerry is getting a climate change role in the Biden administration.
After having made his political debut as an anti-Vietnam War activist, Kerry played the hero, pointing to his Vietnam service as the reason he should be president, and campaigning with his “band of brothers.”

This is hypocrisy of the highest order.

If he believes his 1971 indictment of his country and his fellow veterans was true, then he couldn’t possibly be proud of his Vietnam service. Who can be proud of committing war crimes of the sort that Kerry recounted in his 1971 testimony?

“Kerry referred to his Vietnam service again and again [during his earlier political campaigns] and prodded his opponents to talk about Vietnam. Then, when they made comments criticizing Kerry, he and his allies charged his opponent with attacking veterans.”

What Kerry said during his April 1971 testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee about his comrades in Vietnam:
I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command (emphasis added).

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

And these revealing passages from his 1971 testimony:
In our opinion, and from our experience, there is nothing in South Vietnam, nothing which could happen that realistically threatens the United States of America… I want to relate to you the feeling that many of the men who have returned to this country express because we are probably angriest about all that we were told about Vietnam and about the mystical war against communism.
We found that not only was it a civil war, an effort by a people who had for years been seeking their liberation from any colonial influence whatsoever, but also we found that the Vietnamese whom we had enthusiastically molded after our own image were hard put to take up the fight against the threat we were supposedly saving them from.
We found most people didn’t even know the difference between communism and democracy. They only wanted to work in rice paddies without helicopters strafing them and bombs with napalm burning their villages and tearing their country apart. They wanted everything to do with the war, particularly with this foreign presence of the United States of America, to leave them alone in peace, and they practiced the art of survival by siding With whichever military force was present at a particular time, be it Vietcong, North Vietnamese, or American.

We are asking Americans to think about that because how do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Vietnam? How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake? But we are trying to do that, and we are doing it with thousands of rationalizations, and if you read carefully the President’s last speech to the people of this country, you can see that he says, and says clearly: “But the issue, gentlemen, the issue is communism, and the question is whether or not we will leave that country to the Communists or whether or not we will try to give it hope to be a free people.”
But the point is they are not a free people now under us. They are not a free people, and we cannot fight communism all over the World, and I think we should have learned that lesson by now.

What John Kerry says about his “band of brothers” is “in Vietnam, I was a hero, but I was surrounded by war criminals.”

So ... long post point ... Can John Kerry be a Climate Change Hero surrounded by war criminals?

Real diversity in any government is of course important.

President-elect Joe Biden’s transition team is one of the most diverse ever.

Here's what we know so far:

• 46% are people of color
• 41% of senior staff are people of color
• 52% are women
• 53% of senior staff are women

Great minds ya da ya da
Actively facilitating the most malignant aspects of power and hiding them under the banner of “diversity”.

• 0% oppose war
• 0% oppose oligarchy
• 0% oppose sociopathic intelligence agencies
• 0% oppose internet censorship
• 0% oppose the drug war
• 0% oppose the police state
• 0% oppose mass surveillance
• 0% oppose the prison-industrial complex
• 0% oppose Israeli apartheid

That’s what “progress” looks like in a power establishment that is built on a foundation of violence, oppression and theft.

All they have to offer in terms of “progress” is giving prominent positions to those few women, minorities and LGBT individuals who happen to be fine with choking people to death with neoliberal austerity at home and dropping cluster munitions on children abroad.

Taking away power from the warmongers and plutocrats in any way, shape or form has been completely ruled out as a possibility.

Cheers?

Don't worry, they'll push him left any day now ...

View attachment 4409
Eli Valley

The Biden team is now calling the Left—which saved his ass and gave him the Election—"terrorists" for requesting that he not govern as a Republican: https://politico.com/newsletters/tr
Is the politico link real? The extension is for 'newsletters. It's broken. Any other evidence that Biden said that about members of his party? I think they'd be making more noise if he did, don't you?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Biden is tangled up with China like Trump was with Russia. I'm not saying he is. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if both of them were used by each of those two foreign forces vying for hegemonic power.

I think the only thing better about Biden is he has a modicum of self awareness and humility that is completely, 100%, absent from Trump. Biden is not a hero come to save the day. He didn't really deserve the Time cover (Kamala Harris did maybe)...but who cares about the Time magazine cover? We do need to be careful not to idolize him just because he beat Trump.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Biden is tangled up with China like Trump was with Russia. I'm not saying he is. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if both of them were used by each of those two foreign forces vying for hegemonic power.
I wouldnt be surprised if Biden doesnt become entangled with China just because Mitch McConell is....who seems to be the one really running the country in the background.

Canadian military cancelling drills with China ticks off Trudeau, and may sully relations ...​

The main reason why Canada stopped training with the Chinese military is more due to the pressure exerted by the US military. At present, US political elites remain on the same page: They unfairly label China as a strategic rival and would like to spare no effort to confront it. Canada has to meet the needs of the US and follow its wish to reduce the military cooperation between Canada and China.

Canada's relations with the US in terms of diplomacy or economics are closely connected but also distant and independent to some degree. Therefore, the Canadian government will take into account its political and economic relations with China and will not simply follow the US' lead.

Such divergences between the Canadian foreign ministry and the defense ministry may also lead to more problems for future China-Canada relations.

The author is a Chinese military expert and commentator. opinion@globaltimes.com.cn

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1197027.shtml

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1166080.shtml

https://trck.tracking505.com/591e06...tO8AIbyPJZijBuNVwso-I7x6Hi_PW7Rxk9i0IrnyDc604

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1201270.shtml

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1209086.shtml

https://www.dailysportx.com/worldwi...ca-01090d&utm_term=globaltimesint-globaltimes

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1173752.shtml

@Waterfall I've been reading through Trump supporter tweets and they are asinine...but also disconcerting. Because there are a heck of a lot of people tweeting nonsense. And they're serious.They really believe a lot of totally discredited stories, and keep making them up as they go. They live in an alternate universe where they can just make stuff up about how the election works and then decide amongst themselves it's the gospel truth...it's a huge cult, and I share your concern that they might be getting unhinged down south. They cannot accept Biden's win because they are locked into an alternate reality fed to them by Trump's media arm. He (his operatives) split the news into facts and "alternate facts" that targeted naive people and now they literally live in a different reality.

Last edited:
Remember that some people are mindlessly following him because they denied the essence of psyche as too spooky to know!

I.E. "you shouldn't know" that is a favored expression from that deep pit that draws and gives nothing ... when their turn comes about!

I think that the U.S. never really resolved their Civil War, and the cracks are showing.

Back