Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth? Balderdash.

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

What, but isn't that what many of them do believe? Heaven? The kingdom of heaven? The realm of God? "Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth."? And many other quotations from the Scripture that declare that " the kingdom is near us." "The kingdom is all around", " the kingdom is within"?

Doesn't it has something to do with right relationships – a covenant between God and creation? Between God and the people?

Do we not break that relationship when we we ignore, exploit, and abuse the earth our home? When the earth response with global warming and climate change, with drought and floods and severe weather, earthquakes and volcanoes?

Do we not break that relationship when we ignore or exploit our fellow people, when we fail to see them as siblings – brothers and sisters of the same parents? When we fail to identify with them? When we do not take care of the "least of these"?

In my opinion we need to be more far more concerned about our relationships here on earth than any pie-in-the-sky when you die.

In my opinion we need to be more far more concerned about our relationships here on earth than any pie-in-the-sky when you die.
This exactly (and I think this was the point of the piece).

I think any meaningful philosophy or spiritual teaching needs to be about living, not dying. Death is inevitable, but we deal with it in the context of how we frame our lives, not by focussing on it and making life about preparing for death or an afterlife. That's probably why I have gravitated to Hellenistic Greek philosophies like Stoicism and Epicureanism. Both are about living a good life, not to prepare for a better life after death but to live a better life in the here and now. Buddhism at its best fits that, too.

Many cultures were very much like that until religions reared their evil heads. Peace comes from educating the masses. Not from forcing them to believe in fantasies.

This is an indication of an anti-demos collective where lies, crime and murder are the primary factors of fear to cut the beef of ordinary folks down to two slabs ... both dead they say (I really don't know due to psychosomatics; as thinking and knowledge were laid to rest):

What's to come of future oligarchy? More of the same until humanity is squeezed out ... and folk believe it!

Rest at ease the vegens will arise ... over my dead body .. as a termination command! The struggle for control (by avarice) continues ... a lesson to be learned! And people put great faith in this being done ... thus the Dunnes ... heaps in the poor places ...

Didn't the Mafiosi operate out of butchering's activities?

My View
Read the first line and this man is peddling False Doctrine -----He is wrongly dividing the word of God and anyone who listens to this false doctrine is being duped -----

The Bible is definitely about how to get into Spiritual Heaven from Genesis to Revelation ------God's word is all about saving souls and being with Him in Heaven -----by way of His Son only ----

The Bible- is just not a bunch of Stories and Poems and Letters ----God's word says it is Truth and is alive and active by which we can experience a wonderful life in the here and now if we receive Jesus in our hearts and obey His word and put it to practice it in our lives -----by Faith ----if people want to call that great life Heaven on earth so be it ----but that does not take the place of the Spiritual Heaven which is where we can go after we die ----
The Bible definitely describes both places where people can end up eternally -----

The Focus of the writers of God's word are focused on what God wanted them to focus on --not what they wanted to focus on themselves ---which was to save souls --to inform people they have an enemy who is trying to keep them in bondage and away from God ----to inform people of the way of God's discipleship and the cost of it ----the do's and don't in dealing with others ------and how corrupt His world has become -----

If you do some research on this man ----you see he was a pastor and left to pursue his own agenda ----which is an indication that he was not a true Christian who was called into the Ministry by God ------he went into the Ministry because some people at a camp he spoke at told him he should pursue teaching -----He believes that God's love will save everybody eventually ---and he believes that even if you go to hell you can get out of it ---

IN this 3 min video --he uses Jonah as people escaping from hell ------this is a perfect example of people taking Scripture and putting their own twisted spin on it and duping the Church ----and then he uses an example of a 17 year old who rejects Jesus and goes to hell and many years from now God is still punishing this person ---so he blames God for sending people to Hell ---which is false Doctrine -----We send ourselves to hell ---God has no part in our going to hell -----we have free choice to choose ---receive Jesus or Reject Jesus that is our Choice -----God will still love us even as we choose to reject Jesus and His FREE Gift of Salvation ----Salvation is available to all -----can't blame God for what we choose to reject -------and if you reject Jesus the Son ----you Reject God the Father as the 2 are one -----so that leaves you SOL all by your free choice -----hell is your result all on your own choice of rejection ------

Rob Bell is a Natural Man Floundering around trying to teach a Spiritual Message -----which he cannot understand himself ------using scripture to suit his agenda to sell His books to make money for himself -----

I say Run Forest Run from this Person's twisted theology -----He is one leading his flock in the wrong direction --he is a perfect example of a False Prophet Folks ----

Listen if you wish----

My View
Read the first line and this man is peddling False Doctrine -----He is wrongly dividing the word of God and anyone who listens to this false doctrine is being duped -----

The Bible is definitely about how to get into Spiritual Heaven from Genesis to Revelation ------God's word is all about saving souls and being with Him in Heaven -----by way of His Son only ----
If you have read the entire Bible, and all you came away with is how to get to Heaven (or, more likely, how to avoid hell), you've missed a LOT. In fact you've missed the main point. Go back to the beginning and try again.

Whether or not Rob Bell is teaching false doctrine is NOT for YOU to decide. Your job is to read what he has written, see what you might learn from it, expand your mind and open your heart. Frankly your judgmental critique does not flow from the mind of Christ,

Robe Bell is a False Teacher ----accept it and weep ----God says Rob Bell is a False Teacher as he teaches what is contrary to what God says in His word ----so there ----

Romans 16:17-18 Living Bible (TLB)​

17 And now there is one more thing to say before I end this letter.
Stay away from those who cause divisions and are upsetting people’s faith, teaching things about Christ that are contrary to what you have been taught.

18 Such teachers are not working for our Lord Jesus but only want gain for themselves. They are good speakers, and simple-minded people are often fooled by them.

I say -----Rob Bell wants popularity and he is using deceit of God's word to get it ----- end of story

-God says Rob Bell is a False Teacher as he teaches what is contrary to what God says in His word ----so there ----
God says NOTHING ABOUT Rob Bell in the scriptures. Look up 'Rob Bell' in your Strong's, I bet you will find nary a mention. What you imagine God would say about Rob Bell is a product of your own imagination. Reading your opinions into the scripture is called 'Eisogesis.' You've been told this many times before. It is NOT a good way to read or interpret scripture. Period. End of conversation.

Rob Bell's net worth -------Rob Bell has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million. ----and you people talk about the other prosperity gospel preachers who all they want is peoples money ------while this false teacher is gaining his wealth of 1 million PLUS by twisting scripture and leading people to hell in a hand basket ------and you are condoning him and his teaching -----it is laughable ------

1609782684079.png

Joel Osteen is worth estimated $40,000,000 to $60,000,000
Creflo Dollar is worth 27.000,000.

You point is......?

Besides that has little or nothing to do with the thread topic.

Red the bible and lose yourself in the darkness of the abstract ... it may be a respite!

That's like a break or crack in the integral construct! And there the squeeze begins --- the Earl of San*witch!

W/O ... can we deal with it, being it is out there?

Stay away from those who cause divisions and are upsetting people’s faith, teaching things about Christ that are contrary to what you have been taught.

This one doesn't work, unsafe. There are as many versions of faith as there are humans of faith. If your faith can be "upset", you haven't worked it through very carefully.

You contend that "getting into heaven" is the main purpose of the Bible. That reduces our faith text to a self-indulgent self-help book focused on the personal salvation of the individual. And I think that is really ugly.

To me, the bible is a library, a collection of sacred texts of various genres, to various purposes, but united by a single golden thread: the repair of the world, the return of our beloved planet to an oasis of the Circle of Life in perfect balance, all by way of the 'simple' instruction to turn/move always in the direction of love and life.

YA YA when all else fails --bring in the thread title ------and it does tie in with his gaining wealth of of False Doctrine -----he is a Heretic ---He wishes ---and that goes against what the Bible really says Folks ------

Rob Bell Is “The Heretic” You Should Warn Your Kids About​

1609785070431.png

Did you look up 'Rob Bell' in your Strong's? I didn't think so. And your video shows he has an opinion, based on his study of scripture and his own reflection on God. That he has the temerity to disagree with YOU does NOT necessarily mean that he's the heretical one in this conversation.

Is a false doctrine critical in a world where people are guided to know nothing by religiously rigid principles ... creating a rock to fall from?

Bells could wring their hands for worry for what went off there ... canon shot from great bull!

Back