Baptisms at Christmas time

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Seeler

In the midst of our Christmas readings, reflections and carols last Sunday, we had three Baptisms. What was interesting was that these three were young adults (two probably in their twenties, one in her early thirties [she has two pre-teen daughters]). I don't know them well, but have seen them in church this fall. One has been coming with her boyfriend, a nice young man who moved to this city to attend university and who has been worshiping with us for several years now and serving on a committee. This young man also formally joined our congregation on Sunday, transferring from his home church.
It was a happy occasion to welcome these young people who have made the choice to become one with us, and who have declared it and been accepted by the congregation.
They bring hope to our church.

We didn't have any baptisms at Christmas time this year - but we had one on the first Sunday of advent - and that set the tone for the rest of the Advent season.

My 2 oldest were each baptized very close to Christmas. And then-as that congregation's tradition-as the youngest baby they were Baby Jesus in the pageant. (My 3rd had a summer arrival-and we were in a different city)

Back