Backyard wildlife

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The chickadees were preparing to make more chickadees, on our fence. Not exactly the most private location ...
The birds & the bees eh ChemGal? LOL

We discovered the other day, as my mate was trimming our cedars, that one has a cardinal's nest in it! Fortunately he stopped trimming right away!

The other day I was watching 2 young robins & a parent. The parent had worm - would give it to one of the youngsters, then when it was mostly down its throat, the adult would pull it right back out! Then it was given to the other youngster - and the same thing! This went on for many many exchanges - I don't really know what that was all about - have to chat with my outdoor educator friend, or I guess ask google.

I once had a vision of a rye old crone in the back ... driving me onward as motive! Perhaps a transparent myth ...

Could've been a pastime ...

Happy Birthday!!!

Love the skunks but glad they're not real. That many skunks in one place would ... well ... stink.

Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, Mrs. A!

Love the skunks (but yeah, we have one in the neighbourhood, and judging by the persistent smell that is Lucy, that is one too many.)

A little fawn crossing the street. There were 3 fawns and two young does - I only caught a photo of the last little guy before he followed them behind a bush. I zoomed in - not the clearest pic.

I guess the birth control isn't working too well.

image.jpeg

Back