Anybody missing Secret Santa? 2019

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
Honestly, after participating last year for the first time, I started to stash away some little things for this year. Searching for last years announcement- it was started in the first week of October! With the deadline of Nov 15 th. We are running late!

So, here my question:
I am willing to do the draw if you want to send me names and proper addresses for mailing and send them out by wondermail. Mailing would have to be soon, considering the vastness of our country. You need to be prepared to not have it on Christmas.
I am willing to try to contact people if things don’t seem to have been sent but I will not nag.

So, is anybody interested in a last minute Secret Santa?

Here my suggestion:
Send your real name and mailing address to me by Wondermail by November 19,draw will be on November 20, Atlantic Time, at which time you will get your Secret Santa by Wondermail. Send a gift ASAP, valued no more than $20 unless home made.
Be prepared to not get your gift before Christmas.
Another suggestion- in honor of Crazyheart, include a heart somewhere in/ on it.

If you need ideas for your Secret Santa- search the history of Secret Santa, plenty of info there. ( if someone can link this here, even better).

Alternatively, we could just do Secret Santa with cards/ envelopes no heavier than 300g ?

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I shall pin this as we have SS threads in the past.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
And, sadly, this is likely a side effect of losing crazyheart. She often got the ball rolling.

Reactions: Jae

Jae

Reaction score
Thank you Mrs.Anteater. I'm looking forward to participating in this year's Secret Santa.
christmas-gif-3.gif

Reaction score
I won’t participate this year due to a limited Christmas budget, but I’d love to participate in Virtual Secret Santa!

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
I think, in order to it being a “ group” activity, we would need at least 4 people participating. We could also reduce it to letter mail and it being cards with something light and small. Easy on the budget and likely to be delivered before Christmas. What do people think?

Jae

Reaction score
I think, in order to it being a “ group” activity, we would need at least 4 people participating. We could also reduce it to letter mail and it being cards with something light and small. Easy on the budget and likely to be delivered before Christmas. What do people think?
I can spend up to W20,000 on the gift.

Seeler

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I have always participated - my first year my recipent was PastryChef, and my gift was from ABPenny.

I like this suggestion
'something ... easy on the budget'; something easy to mail (fit into a business sized envelop).
Last year I was shocked at tthe price of postage to mail a small item from coast to coast- almost as much as the gift which was irregularily shaped and made the envelop too big to fit through the slot the post office use for measuring.

Count me in again this year.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
I also like the idea of something that will fit easily into an envelop, which would help with the budget. Last year, my wife and I sent out 3 parcels, and the cost of shipping was rather staggering.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
So we have so far Jae, Redbaron,Daisyjane, Seeler, Chemgal and me. Could everyone signing up please vote if we want to keep it to a letter mail this year or if we leave it open?
Keep it coming!

Seeler

Reaction score
I presume that this doesn't mean a small letter-size envelope, but rather anything small enough to travel as a letter rather than a parcel??? Example –a calendar, a slim book, silk scarf.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
I presume that this doesn't mean a small letter-size envelope, but rather anything small enough to travel as a letter rather than a parcel??? Example –a calendar, a slim book, silk scarf.
Yes, that was the thought. We could also just leave it open and common sense might tell people that being so close to Christmas, letter mail would be a good idea.

Jae

Reaction score
Yes, that was the thought. We could also just leave it open and common sense might tell people that being so close to Christmas, letter mail would be a good idea.
Maybe it's best just to set a limit to spend (gift plus postage). Personally, I can budget up to W30,000.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Though I'll likely try to find something that can be sent in a large manila envelop, I can see wisdom in letting each one decide for themselves.

Spirit Wind 7

Living on the edge
Reaction score
Count me in too. It's a great chance to connect with people all over.

I have a new computer now so things are a bit different. No touch and no light under the keys,
but faster and clearer. Updates do take. And I'm plugged in... no wi-fi. Sleeping better.

So, when do we start? And who is our coordinating soul for Secret Santa this year?