Anybody bravely tuning in to the VPs debate tonight?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The fly was the clear winner.
More discerning and articulate than both of them.
Looked so impressive against his snowy white hair.

Election 2020 Im Speaking GIF by CBS News

I thought she could have been stronger, but wondered if there may be some reason for that particular approach?

Election 2020 Im Speaking GIF by CBS News

I thought she could have been stronger, but wondered if there may be some reason for that particular approach?
She's like my favourite cool aunt. (For the record I didn't root for her for prez nominee but in retrospect she would've been a better pick than Biden.)

I wish this was a presidential debate not a VP debate. I don't like either presidential candidate, or Pence, but I could appreciate her as president. She lights up the room, too. It feels better when she speaks.

I couldn't watch much of it. Kept putting my hand up to my screen to block it out, and shouting at the whole charade.

Harris seems a sensible running mate to Biden.

I'm just listening to an interview where the president says Kamala is an awful woman. If I were her, I'd take that as a complement. He doesn't like strong, intelligent, assertive women. She is all that and more.

Thinking of Corner Gas took me to this :ROFLMAO: (if the link is there but the tweet doesn't pop up, it's about the Pence/ Biden debate)

(Brent and his wife and CG co-star Nancy Robertson live in Vancouver. I wonder if I ever passed them on the street. They became such familiar faces maybe I wouldn't have registered that they were "those" familiar faces.)

Brent Butt is funny. With a surname like Butt I think he was destined for comedy, to save his...well...butt! He's truly the butt of his own jokes! With a name like that one might want to either change it, or use it to their advantage to add comedic cred. (I am assuming he is aware of and would not be offended by this observation!)

Last edited:
Thinking of Corner Gas took me to this :ROFLMAO: (if the link is there but the tweet doesn't pop up, it's about the Pence/ Biden debate)

(Brent and his wife and CG co-star Nancy Robertson live in Vancouver. I wonder if I ever passed them on the street. They became such familiar faces maybe I wouldn't have registered that they were "those" familiar faces.)

Brent Butt is funny. With a surname like Butt I think he was destined for comedy, to save his...well...butt! He's truly the butt of his own jokes! With a name like that one might want to either change it, or use it to their advantage to add comedic cred. (I am assuming he is aware of and would not be offended by this observation!)

Butt may also represent the bottom of a barrel that restrains the wine ... in some pres spectives a holder of the crock! Beware of the a 4 said ... and whatever follows! That may be the Golden Heffer! The a mose'n daughter? Brute moose Eire ...

Good! If they can't respect one another's time, or the moderator's requests, this is what's necessary. I so want to watch Trump talk with his mute button on while Biden responds! That'll be amusing!

Good! If they can't respect one another's time, or the moderator's requests, this is what's necessary. I so want to watch Trump talk with his mute button on while Biden responds! That'll be amusing!

Silence is said to be your best friend .. imposed by tyrannical authority that despises NU's of any sort ... the nous means rush off in spatial mode!

The line they leave could cause separate issues ... differentiating the geneus from the insane ... and Patsy Cline as she is crazified with emotional input ... put-in? Maybe a put-on given the insanity of reality ... virtually beyond mind ... we may be out there and be not aware of vite!

I am surprised to not find a comment o this thread yet. I actually watched the whole thing ( missed their introduction speech). The first half an hour , I felt Biden was really not matching Trumps slick rhetoric. But he caught up. I would still say that he is more of a mediocre speaker. Still surprised why they couldn’t find a better speaker. He also assumed too much that people know the background of issues in his responses- I think it would always be better to speak as if the audience has no clue. That’s what Trump does. And most people probably don’ t have a clue. Even educated people here. They just don’t follow politics. My colleague asked me today which party Trump belongs to.

Back