Anybody bravely tuning in to the VPs debate tonight?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Starting soon. I have to admit I'm curious to hear both of them speak. Wonder if it will be more civil? Anybody else watching?

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
No interest whatsoever. I have better things to do with my life. I largely avoid even Canadian debates nowadays. It's political theater with more heat than light.

That said, I do expect this one to be more civil. Pence lacks his boss' bluster and egotism, even if his religious faith is arguably more stronger and more sincere.

Waterfall

Reaction score
Moderator has lost control in this debate too IMO
She isn't stopping Joe from talking....

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Time for an end to these charades. If the candidates decide the moderator is purely optional, you may as well put them in an MMA ring and let them fight it out.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
Pence seems more slick. Harris seems to miss opportunities to respond directly with facts to Pence.
But, this is as far as I am listening to it, now going for a good book.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
agreeing with you Mrs. A - I think I will go read a book now too!

Pence seems smarmy - creepy to me. Hate that he is ignoring moderator. She needs a much louder, hear me clearly mom voice!
Harris does seem to have missed some opportunities. I'm tired. Disappointed but not surprised. Sad for my American friends. Over & out.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
The Yankees are losing. Right now I'm finding that more interesting to watch.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
I may turn to an 11:00 news broadcast, to see if I missed anything.

Reaction score
I'm watching it online now. I have to take a break 3 questions in because Pence is such a weasel and an arrogant a-hole I'm yelling at my screen.

Reaction score
Moderator has lost control in this debate too IMO
She isn't stopping Joe from talking....
She laid out the rules of engagement at the beginning - given Trump's debate performance how much Trump bullied. Pence is obviously not honouring them either. She tries to stop him - she called time - he should stop. He "put the lady in her place". Grr that makes me mad! And no insisting on going back to the earlier points. Answer the question you're asked! Harris finished her thought a few seconds overtime a couple of times already - but Pence is not even doing that - it's worse - he is just filibustering. He's using it as campaign speech time and talking about whatever he wants to discuss, regardless of the question. I want to tell Pence to shut up now. What an a**hole!

Last edited:

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
Pence clearly doesn't have any respect for women and will not be told what to do by a woman. The moderator needed a stronger directive than "thank you". She was inviting them, especially Pence, to disregard her.

Reaction score
Pence clearly doesn't have any respect for women and will not be told what to do by a woman. The moderator needed a stronger directive than "thank you". She was inviting them, especially Pence, to disregard her.
She should just say. "No Mr. Pence! It's Ms. Harris's turn to respond."

Pence: "If I may..."

Moderator and Harris at the same time: "No you may not."

Harris takes her turn.