A Disney Princess Theology?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Redbaron

Pirate fan since the dark ages
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Wow. I've never thought of myself as a Disney Princess before. But I can sort of recognize myself in this:

120709427_3912481492114559_6785931019859867026_n.jpg

Anyone else see their reflection in this mirror?

Ouch.

Increasingly, recently, I find it hard to take 'any' of the possible positions in a passage. I've always had a secret sympathy for Judas.

Now that is SO interesting! Privilege in scriptural interpretation.

I'll admit, I do readily ID with the younger brother in the Prodigal Son, likely because as the youngest of 4 kids, I am the little brother. Always saw myself as the Good Samaritan, even though I had naught in common with the Samaritan. It does seem to be a habit, doesn't it?

Bible study last Wednesday, parable of the vineyard owner, etc. I didn't like the vineyard owner, the tenants, the workers, or the son. What a right horrible mess of evil, stupidity and lack of foresight.

This is an 8 min video on this very quote on OP -----worth the listen

Pastor David Eck

(Sermon) Disney Princess Theology​

Sounds like an interesting book study he's having, "So You Want to Talk About Race?".

Wow. I've never thought of myself as a Disney Princess before. But I can sort of recognize myself in this:

View attachment 4198

Anyone else see their reflection in this mirror?
Sometimes, but other times when I feel God has called me for something I sometimes act like it's just an overactive imagination and not God speaking and convince myself I could never model myself or expect to be as good as some in the Bible demonstrate.
I think for me personally, I will empathize with many but it doesn't always turn into a productive action or contribution on an ongoing basis.
I need to step out of the comfort zone I've seem to have built as I got older.

Part of the problem is that a lot of these are rather simplistic stories with a message and people like to think they "got" the message.

And in a lot of those cases, I don't really identify with anyone in the story. It's just a story.

Personally, in the case of the Good Samaritan, I identify with the guy in the ditch. Bullying does that to you. And I think I once heard a pretty good sermon about identifying with that person and the need to accept the help that is given, even if it is from an unexpected source like a Samaritan.

Part of the problem is that a lot of these are rather simplistic stories with a message and people like to think they "got" the message.

And in a lot of those cases, I don't really identify with anyone in the story. It's just a story.

Personally, in the case of the Good Samaritan, I identify with the guy in the ditch. Bullying does that to you. And I think I once heard a pretty good sermon about identifying with that person and the need to accept the help that is given, even if it is from an unexpected source like a Samaritan.
Accepting help is hard for many especially if you're used to be a giver......

Personally, in the case of the Good Samaritan, I identify with the guy in the ditch. Bullying does that to you.

I don't do well with this one, either. I'm not into being the "left for dead" guy, and I'm generally "no hero". So, no.

Again when in the ditch ... take steroids ... rise up!

It is a sign of sanctimony in one form or another ... the better than thou syndrome? Tis inequitable ... unbalanced in equality?

Like Newtz out of the tree ... in the garden ...

I think what this OP Quote is really saying to me personally is that in our corrupt Human Physical Nature when reading the scriptures we want to identify with the hero who saves the day or with the under dog who has success in coming out of a bad situation on there own power -----

This Disney Princess Theology is all about seeing yourself as the main characters ----in my view -----

I think when we are reading the Scriptures which points to the Spiritual -- we should be placing ourselves in the current state we are in and look at who we are in our current ways of thinking --acting and where we are in our social positions and then decide who we are most like -----this would open up a whole different way we see and understand ourselves when it comes to the Spiritual Nature of the Scriptures -----just my view ----

For example ---here is the synopsis for Disney's Frozen ----

When their kingdom becomes trapped in perpetual winter, fearless Anna (Kristen Bell) joins forces with mountaineer Kristoff (Jonathan Groff) and his reindeer sidekick to find Anna's sister, Snow Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel), and break her icy spell. Although their epic journey leads them to encounters with mystical trolls, a comedic snowman (Josh Gad), harsh conditions, and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff bravely push onward in a race to save their kingdom from winter's cold grip

I say -----So who are the hero's -----and what do they do ---save their kingdom -----from the big bad wolf --the Snow Queen ----Some may identify with the evil while others identify with the good ----but notice the good wins -----

So here is a question for us all ---in the scripture there is good and evil ---all Disney movies and all movies are based on good and evil villains ---- so who do we Spiritually identify as the hero or villain in Genesis --Eve --Adam or the Serpent -----Abraham or Lot ----Jacob or Esau ---Moses or Pharaoh ---- Jesus or the Pharisees ----

To me reading scripture is not about physical hero's or villains it is about learning where we stand Spiritually not physically ----The physical ego wants to be the centre of attention --The Spiritual wants to lay down the physical ego and be bowing down to a higher Spiritual power that can and does keep us saved in the end ------

So the Bible is the bases for all Disney Movies and all other movies ----there is the Good and Bad people ----The Movies tell the Physical ---The Scriptures tell the Spiritual -----so it depends on what your personally entertaining in your own life -----Satan is the god of this Physical Realm ----and God is the God of the eternal Spiritual Realm -----

The most important thing to understand is ------this Physical will pass away and then we are in the Spiritual ----so where to want to end up in the Spiritual when the Physical is gone is the question ---Cause here is the Truth Folks ----If you choose the way of Jesus you will be safe ---if you choose the way of the Pharisees you may not be safe -----Just like we can choose who we like in the Physical Movies ---we have that right in the Spiritual as well -----all up to us -----Satan the villain will be defeated by Jesus the Saviour in the end ----

This came up in bible study this a.m. We were looking at the Luke passage about the 10 healed lepers, and how the only one to return to thank Jesus was the "foreigner". Do we tend to assume that WE would be the thankful one, when there's a 90% chance we wouldn't be?

To me this above post --show very clearly the 2 sides ---the Physical and the Spiritual ------the ones who just walked away with no thanks appear to be the ones with the ego that says ---I deserve to be healed ---and the one who did thanks Jesus is realising that because he didn't deserve to be healed but because of God's Grace who is Jesus he was healed and is grateful----

The human ego kicked in with the others and humbleness depressing ego kicked in with the one -----that is how i see it ----

To me this above post --show very clearly the 2 sides ---the Physical and the Spiritual ------the ones who just walked away with no thanks appear to be the ones with the ego that says ---I deserve to be healed ---and the one who did thanks Jesus is realising that because he didn't deserve to be healed but because of God's Grace who is Jesus he was healed and is grateful----

The human ego kicked in with the others and humbleness depressing ego kicked in with the one -----that is how i see it ----

Sometimes referred to as mater and essence ... or mater and no matter ... anti matter?

My grandfather loved to state that love-god was nothing as if it were no mater ... thus mater Deux ... deus a Deim!

Sort of not the point of this thread, or completely it. See, unsafe, you are the Disney Princess. I'll bet you are convinced that you are the grateful healed leper in this story, yes?

Below the scars of falling to the dirt (mire earth?) there are retained sore spots as latent, inhibited or retarded intellectualism! Just because of hedonistic desires ... as you like it! This is a world of emotional content ... and such rites ... gnoe?

Some say Gnoeai had a vessel ... a bucket for placing hidden stuff ... in due time a cookie jar and the entire integral arche-type redacted as No Wah ... lost at Zae thing called Marah! It bubbled and frothed ... living waters ... quite merry ...

Back